ATI Cat 4.4

Arkanian

[H]ard|Gawd
I am running Cat 4.4 and was wondering if it is worth the hassle of getting the 4.9 beta. Has anyone here ran the game with Cat 4.4?

It really was not much of a hassle. I installed the 4.9 cats and the game does seem smoother. I have not checked the before/after frames per second though. Almost everyone seems to see some improvement with the 4.9's.

Note, uninstall your current drivers first (Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove) reboot then install the 4.9 cats. I had no problems doing it that way. I also have Dx 9.0c installed. Not sure if that is relevant.

I get the game today so I am going to benchmark with the 4.4 drivers. I am on 56k :( so tomorrow I will download the 4.9's on my company's T1 :D . I will post benchmarks of before and after to see how big a difference the drivers make.

Since the 4.9s were labeled a hot-fix, I just installed them over my current drivers (4.6). Thats not something I normally do, but I'd heard from people who had no problem with it.
It's worked great for me so far. I went from an average 29 fps in the timedemo to an average 32 fps.
Thats a reasaonable increase (10%) for my 9600xt. I haven't run any other benchmarks or games, but the drivers make the game a little smoother, so I'd say it's worth it, you ought to see a performance increase on your 9800 pro.

Back