ATI HDMI Out to receiver problem

Jelic

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, I have a Radeon HD5850 and I just moved to a new apartment and have my home theater system and work space in the same room. I have my radeon 5850 hooked up to 2 24in monitors as well as my receiver. The monitors are both DVI and the receiver is hooked up through HDMI. Here's the issue, I want to be able to use HDMI audio as well as both of my monitors. If I have the 2 monitors enabled in the "screen resolution" window, then the HDMI out automatically becomes disabled and I'm unable to set HDMI out as my default audio device. There's no problem if I have the receiver and monitor setup as output devices, but that forces me to only use one monitor. Any solutions on this? Please let me know guys, thanks!

Well the thing is, I don't want to drive the monitor. I just want audio out through HDMI. If I wanted to do a triple screen display I know I'd have to do it via eyefinity. At the moment I just want 2 monitors displaying video via DVI and HDMI outputting ONLY audio to the receiver. Does that make sense? Anyone have any answers?

Well the thing is, I don't want to drive the monitor. I just want audio out through HDMI. If I wanted to do a triple screen display I know I'd have to do it via eyefinity. At the moment I just want 2 monitors displaying video via DVI and HDMI outputting ONLY audio to the receiver. Does that make sense? Anyone have any answers?

there is no option to drive only audio over HDMI =) the port is disabled I believe when you are not using it for video.

Aww oh well, okay I guess I have to use one extra cable sigh. Now I have optical and HDMI going to receiver... audio over HDMI when watching movies and audio over optical when just listening to music. I guess it works heh

Yeah, it sucks.

But I heard that they are fixing the issue if you have two video cards - so you don't need a display port monitor.

yeah and my way solves that problem its just not the cheaper way of doing it.. but you dont need to run eyefinity while using the displayport.. its just required when you want to run eyefinity..

Back