ati hdtv problem

linjy2

Limp Gawd
so i just bought this thing recently. everything works good except i get this msg everytime i open DTV.

Warning DMA Not Enabled
ati.JPG

so my DMA has always been enabled from the start, now i manually done it, its enabled in bios. but i still get this msg everytime i turn on ATI DTV. Am i missing something here? possible ati driver problem?

still waiting for sagetv and beyondtv to release their next revision to record HDTV, then i can drop ati mmc like the pos it is.

dont have your ati hdtv card (but would like too :) ) some i'm guessing: it may be drivers dont recognize whats going on with the windows settings. Newest nforce drivers? (i've heard about flaky Nforce performance but never owned) Are you saving to the Seagate 120gig that it gives you that error? Perhaps writing to the raptors works better.

all of them are listing as dma not enabled.
i'm saving to the WD 320gig and saving to the raptor would be bad. hd content are like 5 gig per hr or something.

anyways i think its drivers or conflicting something.

i just found out about meedio tv and am using that flawlessly. no more crappy ati mmc.

I thought this driver issue had been fixed, I guess not. Next time I would suggest getting something like a DVICO fusion HD tuner instead of the ATI HD "Blunder" as it's referred too.

i was thinking about the fusion, but the ati came with the remote wonder plus and an antenna. so i figure it was still worth it and there are no hd recording program out yet that i liked.

the card is good, just the software sucks.

linjy2 said:
the card is good, just the software sucks.
Oh yeah, it works flawlessly under MCE but outside of that it's not a very good card.

Back