ATI Mobility Radeon 9800

cbass2

n00b
Link

This is good news. I've been holding off buying a laptop for this very chip. its came much earlier and better than i thought. I thought it wouldnt get here until Oct or Nov, and i thought it would be a mobile verions of r9800, but its based on x800 (w/8 pipes)

(sorry if this is a repost, but i didnt see it on page one.)

from what iknoq about it you can only get it through dell right now, and its crazy expensive

dell paid to get a 30day exclusivity deal with ATI
they paid over 1M for it possibly as much as 10M
they did it because they desperatly want high margin consumers who buy alienware and voodoo laptops to start buying dell
a higher end XPS or 9100 dell has about $500-1000 of profit built into it.
everyone else will be releasing 9800 based lappys in the next 30 days or less

justin8018 said:
from what iknoq about it you can only get it through dell right now, and its crazy expensive
just to provide some specifics, i called dell a while back and they said that they are selling them for $303.95

and yes, 9100\XPS's ROCK!! :D

I have a Dell XPS with a MR 9700. It is a fantastic notebook as it is, but I'll be jumping all over the upgrade to the MR 9800 when it is offered. The performance benefits seem to be quite significant.

Hupp2it said:
I have a Dell XPS with a MR 9700. It is a fantastic notebook as it is, but I'll be jumping all over the upgrade to the MR 9800 when it is offered. The performance benefits seem to be quite significant.
i think they are shipping the mr9800's on the first of sept. im still deliberating... i want one bad!

I am looking at getting a T42p (selling my desktop, yay college)...but this would be worth waiting a little bit for...hell...grandma got me a 2000FP for birthday (nov) and x-mas last year...
/me wonders if Doom3 will play at decent settings on a m9800pro at 800x600...

i just got dell XPS with p4 3.4Extreme Edition and 2gb of ram along with 9800 256mb ddr , installing doom3 and unreal tournament 2004 and we shall see whats up :)

Back