ATI RMA support......

Parabellum

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,

I am about to buy an ATI card (X1900 series most probably) off the forums here in the [H] but before making any purchase, I had a look at ATI warranty policies and it states that you need to register your product whitin 30 days after the purchase to be eligible for future RMA support.

So, if anyone is buying a used X1900 XT in 3 months from now and that the original buyer did not register his product, then it means you are screwed. And if the original owner did register his product, then you are screwed also unless you can arrange him to do the RMA for you.

Did anyone has sent a ATI to RMA lately? How it's been? Was your product registered before you sent the card? As far as I see it, ATI RMA is rather strict.

Para

Oh, mods, if this is in the wrond forum, please move it to where it belongs.

Para

You need to realize when it comes to warranties this is normal. Many warranties, claim a certain time you need to register a product. Also in many cases the warranty only applies to the original owner.

I have to admist though it does suck.

HDD warranties are valid as long as it is in its covered period independently on whos got the HDD at the time it fails. Would be nice if videocard manufacturers could do this also.

Para

Thing is, some people put their cards through some serious abuse. Hard drives can't exactly be overclocked (without killing it anyways :p) Whereas Video cards can, and also voltage can be changed - etc etc, without it being logged/the manufacturer knowing.

I RMA'ed 3 cards through ATI. None of them were ever registered within 30 days. You have to register the serial # and stuff when you want to start the warranty process anyways.
I wouldnt worry about it.

ATI RMA has been good for me i RMA'ed a 9700 pro and received a 9800 pro nice!!! good turn around rate also

ATI is the best, RMAed a couple cards before no problems, never registered them.. Had my problems solved within 2-3 weeks.

^^ Phew, that's a little better to hear. I'd hate for my crossfire setup not to be supported. 30 days to register or zero RMA is not normal by any stretch!

I don;t think so that you have to register with in 30 days to qualify. The simple solution is to call ATI. I loved their RMA they overnight my RMA card back to me :D

I am in the middle of RMA'n my card. It was purchased over a year ago and I registered it about 5 mins before submitting a support ticket. They did not seem to bat an eye. So I don't think it will be an issue, Parabellum.

sparkie13 said:
I am in the middle of RMA'n my card. It was purchased over a year ago and I registered it about 5 mins before submitting a support ticket. They did not seem to bat an eye. So I don't think it will be an issue, Parabellum.

Thanks dude! This is what I was looking for :)

Para

Yes I have sent many cards for RMA(from ATI to XFX),the best service so far is from ATI.

Many cards were REPLACED with new ones and got them back in a week to two weeks.Very fast.

OT a bit but,the worst service is from MSI. Followed by a very long wait from Sapphire and some quirks with eVGA replacements.

Back