ATI Tool 0.24 question

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently used ATI Tool to overclock my 9800pro r350 which is on stock cooling from the defaut settings to 400/350. This very basic (but very safe) overclock gives me 200 extra points in 3D Mark 05.

I adjust the sliders in ATI Tool, save the profile and exit the program. I then load ATI Tool again and the settings are saved. However when I reboot my PC, the settings go back to the default values and I have to load the profile again to use my overclocked settings.

Is this normal? Why doesnt ATI Tool save my overclock settings when I reboot?

Thanks for any help.

deadman_uk said:
I recently used ATI Tool to overclock my 9800pro r350 which is on stock cooling from the defaut settings to 400/350. This very basic (but very safe) overclock gives me 200 extra points in 3D Mark 05.

I adjust the sliders in ATI Tool, save the profile and exit the program. I then load ATI Tool again and the settings are saved. However when I reboot my PC, the settings go back to the default values and I have to load the profile again to use my overclocked settings.

Is this normal? Why doesnt ATI Tool save my overclock settings when I reboot?

Thanks for any help.

You need to go to the settings button and configure the satrtup, overclocking, fan speed and misc. settings etc. otherwise the card settings will just default to the normal settings when you restart the PC. :p

1) Set the overclocks, fan speeds, etc you want
2) Save these settings as a 'profile'
3) Select this profile and apply it (nothing will change, same settings you are already using)
4) Select the checkbox "Load Selected Profile at Startup"

deadman_uk said:
Thanks everyone, it works!

but...

Fan speeds? why do I need to change them?

Well, you don't have to, but it would be a good idea when overclocking. ATItool can set the fan speeds a little more "aggressively" than the norm. Helps to cool the card better. I use the "Try to keep keep GPU temperature at: ___ " option. For my X800 Pro, I set this temp at 50C.

Well, you don't have to, but it would be a good idea when overclocking. ATItool can set the fan speeds a little more "aggressively" than the norm. Helps to cool the card better. I use the "Try to keep keep GPU temperature at: ___ " option. For my X800 Pro, I set this temp at 50C.
I dont see that option anywhere in ATI Tool, can you post a screenshot or tell me where it is?

Thanks

On the main window, click "Settings" in the bottom right. Select "Fan Control" from the dropdown list. Check the Override Fan Speeds box, and then you can select the option there.

Thanks but my ATI Tool doesnt look anything like that on the screenshot, and I dont see a fan option on the drop down list.

Here is what I see....

ATI%20Tool%201.JPG

You want ATI Tray Tool.

Current version is 1.04.

ATI Tray Tool >>>>> ATI Tool

deadman, I think you don't have an option for fan control because you have a 9800. It might only work for certain cards.

Add 'em said:
deadman, I think you don't have an option for fan control because you have a 9800. It might only work for certain cards.

Right. The R350 core does not have a fan speen or temperature monitoing option. The R360 core does however. No big deal really.

Also could have something to do with him using ATITool by w1zzard instead of ATI Tray Tool by Ray Adams.

Thanks very much for the replies. I think I dont see the fan options because I have an R350 like many of you said.

ATI Tray Tool looks nice, but it has many features that I wont use. I want something simple that just overclocks the card slighly, and I have that with ATI Tool.

So thanks all, problem sorted!

Back