ATI Tray Tools Beta 4800 Series compatible

honestjohn

Gawd
Ray Adams has a beta in progress working with the 4800 series if anyone want to give it a shot. Not finished yet, expect bugs ....

Discussion Thread:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=270486

Okay.
I just uploaded beta version.
Please check and post your comments. Expect a lot of bugs :)
Version 1.2.5.1240

Implemented:
Overclocking + voltage control
Temperature monitoring
FAN control , manual + auto by table.

(some parts of ATT may still missing code for HD 4xxx, so if you find it just tell me where )

Link to file in first post.

Beta Download:
http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe

What settings are you using for your automatic fan control? I changed the bottom setting to 32% and left the rest at default. It dropped my idle temperature about 14 degrees.

no x64 support = worthless this day and age. XP 32bit is still great, but why oh why would you use Vista 32bit over Vista 64bit?

no x64 support = worthless this day and age. XP 32bit is still great, but why oh why would you use Vista 32bit over Vista 64bit?

In my case because the stupid computer came with it. I've got 2 Gigs RAM free with Vista and everything loaded, so for now that is fine. Hopefully it will be a few years before I need the 700 MB I'm losing due to a 32 bit OS.
Other people avoid 64 bit because not all programs are compatible with it.
I take it Ready Driver Plus didn't work for you. What have you set your minimum fan speed to?

As long as it doesn't support X2 or CrossFire it's useless for me. But Ray Adams (author) mentioned he is working on that. So there is hope. Does Riva Tuner support CrossFire ?

Manual fan control works for me, but automatic puts it at 0% with tiny bursts about once a second to maybe 30%, then instantly back to 0%. *MAKE SURE* the fan is working as intended before you start any 3d apps after applying changes with this program. Otherwise your videocard will melt ;)

A couple new betas have been released since beta addressing some ATT Shared memory issues and fan control. Worth the download. Program is working perfectly for me in Vista 64.

cause I have a free copy from work of 32 bit Vista Enterprise, we extended our software licenses for home machines of the IT folks, since we get such a good deal on Microsoft licenses. I guess maybe I could download the 64 bit ISO from MSDN.

Anyways...back on topic...this looks promising! I have a 4850.

Doesn't work with Vista 64 sp1 and hd4870x2 yet (well crossfire doesn't work either). Ray adams said it himself. Also I can't get readydriver plus working: I get missing or corrupt boot when I select it on startup.

One thing you might want to try is running vista x64 sp1 without the driver enforcement protocol. Press f8 like you want to go into safe mode but scroll down to disable driver enforcement, this will allow ati tool to load. I cannot comment about the x2 (waiting for them to be in stock!!!) but it works great with my 4870. ,

Back