ATI's DX11 "Juniper" Pictures.

4 displays on one card...
drool.gif

btw anyone that knows how windows 7 and vista work.. this means that there is no quad crossfire support for these cards with 4 display ports.. since vista and windows 7 only support a total up 8 display ports.. that would mean you can only use 2 cards in or out of crossfire.. hopefully AMD finds a work around for this at the driver level so that quad crossfire is still usable..

Yea, lets just include DVI to HDMI dongles hurr..

I wouldn't mind using HDMI to DVI cables... it would clear up the back plate if there were only a couple HDMI / DisplayPort connections... DVI is big and not any better than HDMI

DVI has retaining screws and no HDCP. That makes it superior to HDMI for my uses. I have no use for drm, integral audio, deep color, etc. outside of a home theater setup.

DVI has retaining screws and no HDCP. That makes it superior to HDMI for my uses. I have no use for drm, integral audio, deep color, etc. outside of a home theater setup.

Do you have trouble with your USB keyboard or mouse coming unplugged?
Just asking...

The card looks nice, but I'm not lovin the dual slot cooler with that small vent out the back, seeing as some of the guesstimates say this is a midrange part, but maybe thats a concession of having 4 monitor ports, since a second PCI slot is getting killed anyways, might as well have a bigger cooling fan.

Do you have trouble with your USB keyboard or mouse coming unplugged?
Just asking...

Keyboard and mouse not so much. HDMI and "back of the machine" USB connections yes. Why? Accidents, pets, kids...

Connections that are likely to be plugged in for along time should always have a retaining mechanism.

Connections that may move at lot need an optional retaining mechanism.

USB should have an optional retainer like SATA. I don't want a retainer on my mp3 player's cable or my flash drive but I do want retainers on the cables that connect my desktop usb hub, HDTV tuner, printer, etc.

I also wonder wtf the designers of SATA were thinking. Internal SATA needed mandatory clips from day one.

The chip may of been designed to handle 3 or 4 video outs on the chip, which would be something several people here on the board would appreviate, running 3-4 displays off 1 card... and not having to deal with another card to get the extra displays

The chip may of been designed to handle 3 or 4 video outs on the chip, which would be something several people here on the board would appreviate, running 3-4 displays off 1 card... and not having to deal with another card to get the extra displays

we can wish, but it wont happen. It would kill their mvGL cards or w/e they are called.

Apparently some people do not know somethings dvi does have hdcp..

Apparently some people do not know somethings dvi does have hdcp..

Only some implementations of DVI have HDCP. Because HDCP support isn't standard on DVI there are special terms for DVI that supports HDCP:

DVI-HDCP
DVI/HDCP
"DVI with HDCP"

When I said DVI I meant plain old DVI not DVI-HDCP. On the flip side, all HDMI implementations have HDCP.

Back