Atma link problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vengence

Level capped
Since atma links went live, I've had an occasional problem on the work computer. It's running IE7 (not by choice), and occasionally about once a day (1 in 30 times or so) after replying (advanced reply because I quoted something, not quick) I have the problem occure.

The problem is after I submit the reply, for whatever reason, the thread loads with the reply. Then it opens a new tab and loads it again. And then it opens a new tab and loads it again. And this repeats, pretty much forever. I'm pretty sure it isn't just "one tab per atma link" as I've let it go for well past 20 tabs. I have to terminate the "iexplorer" process to stop it.

Of course it's possible it is something with my browser on my end, however this all started the same time atma links went live. I've also never had it happen anywhere BUT hardforums and only immediately after replying to a thread.

I've noticed this same issue when using IE7.0 on other websites like joystiq.com and here on hardocp.com etc. Since it happens on multiple sites, I think its a problem inheritant to some type of advertisement or a bug within the browser itself. Its extremely annoying as by closing IE7.0 through terminating the process you lose every open tab you had and sometimes some tabs contain unfinished emails, useful links/articles you'd like to have bookmarked, flame wars your actively refreshing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back