ATNN TJ-09 Owners: Double ended cables? (HD Audio + AC'97 and other wiring on case) ?

vietpho

Limp Gawd
[Topic Resolved]

Ok, I've been reading through the manual for my GA-p35-Gsr3 mobo manual and, I am coming across confusion with some of the wiring in the TJ-09 case.

1) We have a wire that is green/white and labeled: +PLED/-PLED. Where do I plug this in my mobo?

2) [VP, VG, TPA+, TPA- Shield, TBB+, TBB- ] ends with the end that is labled "1394".. Where do I plug these into? And do I plug all the small ends AND the "1394" end to the mobo?

4) There is also a wire with two ends: "HD Audio" + "AC'97" <-- There is only 1 slot on mobo for either one of these.. which one do I choose?

3): There are some slots on the mobo where I don't know why TJ-09 didn't have a wire for connecting.

"MSG (Message/Power/Sleep LED, Yellow):" <--- Does +PLED/-PLED fit this category?

"SPEAK (Speaker, Orange)" <--- Where is this wire?

Help please! Doing an all-nighter to get this build done !

Ok, I've been reading through the manual for my GA-p35-Gsr3 mobo manual and, I am coming across confusion with some of the wiring in the TJ-09 case.

1) We have a wire that is green/white and labeled: +PLED/-PLED. Where do I plug this in my mobo?

2) [VP, VG, TPA+, TPA- Shield, TBB+, TBB- ] ends with the end that is labled "1394".. Where do I plug these into? And do I plug all the small ends AND the "1394" end to the mobo?

4) There is also a wire with two ends: "HD Audio" + "AC'97" <-- There is only 1 slot on mobo for either one of these.. which one do I choose?

3): There are some slots on the mobo where I don't know why TJ-09 didn't have a wire for connecting.

"MSG (Message/Power/Sleep LED, Yellow):" <--- Does +PLED/-PLED fit this category?

"SPEAK (Speaker, Orange)" <--- Where is this wire?

Help please! Doing an all-nighter to get this build done !

+PLED/-PLED = Power LED. On my GA-P35T-DQ6 there are power led pins and another for system status that provided the same indication. I used the Status pins (that may be your MSG pins).

The [VP, VG, TPA+, TPA- Shield, TBB+, TBB- ] '1394' is the Firewire connection. The separate pins are for when your motherboard does not have the same connection configuration as the '1394' connector.

The HD Audio" + "AC'97 supports both types of connections on you motherboard/sound card. Us the connection that is appropriate for the connector on the motherboard/sound card.

Not sure about the extra pins on the MB. Since there is no speaker in the case there is nothing to connect to that pin.

+PLED/-PLED = Power LED. On my GA-P35T-DQ6 there are power led pins and another for system status that provided the same indication. I used the Status pins (that may be your MSG pins).

The [VP, VG, TPA+, TPA- Shield, TBB+, TBB- ] '1394' is the Firewire connection. The separate pins are for when your motherboard does not have the same connection configuration as the '1394' connector.

The HD Audio" + "AC'97 supports both types of connections on you motherboard/sound card. Us the connection that is appropriate for the connector on the motherboard/sound card.

Not sure about the extra pins on the MB. Since there is no speaker in the case there is nothing to connect to that pin.

Thanks for the clarification. Also, I just remembered that I bought the X-Fi gamer extreme soundcard or something.
I guess I won't be using my mobo's stock soundcard. Do I still have to plug it in though?

Thanks for the clarification. Also, I just remembered that I bought the X-Fi gamer extreme soundcard or something.
I guess I won't be using my mobo's stock soundcard. Do I still have to plug it in though?

If you want to use the Headphone Jack on the pop-up connections on the top of the case then plug in the HD Audio connection into the X-Fi card.

13-128-050-04.jpg

Does my mobo not have a firewire connection?

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-128-050-04.jpg
Does my mobo not have a firewire connection?
It's against HOCP rules to steal bandwidth - host your own images.

-bZj

Looks Like the GA-P35-DS3R does not have a Firewire connection on the motherboard. The Gigabyte site does not list it in the spec's for that board.

Back