Attention Nforce 3 Ultra users with Nvidia GeForce 6 series video cards

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
I had to recently constructed another system for my backup PC. So I purchased another Socket 939 motherboard the MSI K8N Neo 2 motherboard. I previously had a Asus A8NVDelux, with my old A8V (VIA chipset) motheboard I had the occasional shimmering issue with some games and not all of them. Now with the MSI K8N Neo 2 motheboard I do not have ANY minor shimmering I had with my old games that had it. Anybody can confirm this with me?

Nvidia 6800 Ultra
(using Beta 71.40)

I thought shimmering was the Video card and nothing else. And I was also under the impression that the 'texture' clamp option in the drivers fixed shimmering.

I dont think its a problem with the VIA chipset at all, sounds like a driver problem to me.

Buddy of mine has the same Neo mobo and an Athalon 64 3200... his video didnt overclock real well before it had hanging issues.. ive read on here that a few other ppl with that mobo were running into simliar problems.. Curious if you ran into anything like that with the Neo versus the Asus board. I am sure a bios update will eventually fix problems like this.

Ive had shimmering on my card on nforce3, BUT I ALSO had it when my card was on k8t master2 far. My problem was the bios on the card, I think that may be yours too.
If anything its one of the bios settings that you have wrong, the card may not like them and start acting up

Back