Audigy 1 question

Malazan01

n00b
Hey sirs:)

I'm trying to hook an old computer(very), P4 2.4 ghz/Geforce 6800GS/SB Audigy 1 to my HDTV.

Being as you cant(?) pass sound over the 6800GS via a DVI to HDMI connector to the TV, is it possible to hook an Audigy 1 to the TV via the digital output on the card? Is there a cable to do this?Is this even possible?

Its holiday season and I'm trying to get by with the parts i have here at home,without spending much so i can stream Hulu/Netflix to the TV.

If you have any suggestions of a AGP video card(lol) that has a built in HDMI out that can pass sound please let me know. Or that can pass sound via DVI to HDMI connector.

Thanks alot i really appreciate it.

Just do RCA most TVs can accept that as input and optical is not going to give any benefit in that crappy speaker situation even if the TV could accept audio which many don't.

Just do RCA most TVs can accept that as input and optical is not going to give any benefit in that crappy speaker situation even if the TV could accept audio which many don't.

What he said, or grab a cheap ATI 4350 with HDMI on it and route the audio through the vid card.

Back