Audigy 2 Value #*^$%*^#^!!

Battle_Rattle

Limp Gawd
LOL ... sorry about the title

Ok so I'm getting BSOD crashes 2 seconds into windows loading with the new creative drivers. I have uninstalled all things related to Creative and clean booted and i still get crashes after the new or original drivers are in.

I know this question sounds daunting but just ask me a question I may have missed something...

You have an NF4 chipset?

Apparently Creative cards have problems with Nforce4 chipset, not sure about the Audigy, but the lower X-Fi models have this issue. I just bought an X-Fi Fatal1ty last night and I am having a similar problem as well.

Try a BIOS update, and failing that, think about sending your card in for RMA.

WCES Ryan said:
You have an NF4 chipset?

Apparently Creative cards have problems with Nforce4 chipset, not sure about the Audigy, but the lower X-Fi models have this issue. I just bought an X-Fi Fatal1ty last night and I am having a similar problem as well.

Try a BIOS update, and failing that, think about sending your card in for RMA.
Wow. That was sad. The incompatibility issue are with NF4 boards and 2MB X-Fi boards. Not Audigys.

The crash is prolly related to a legacy file being installed with the driver pack, thx to stupid driver signing...

Boot into safe mode, uninstall everything Creative. Reboot. Install Drivers and Diagnostics. If it crashes, reboot to safe mode, and run diagnostics. reset all settings. Try again. Make sure you use CTZAPP.exe in the /drivers directory, and NOT the default setup program. You can use that to uninstall the old drivers too. It does a cleaner job.

Ok the offending piece of software was "ChkColor".... System still not 100% though... I'm trying hard to not fully reformat because this is indeed a learning experience but I'm almost positive I have rebooted 40 times in the process.

Back