Audigy 2 ZS Equalizer Settings

JAdamz

n00b
Hey folks. I just recently bought an Audigy 2 ZS and I've been messing around with the EQ settings. I have a certain setup that I saved to a profile, and I'd like to use this particular profile as the default setting.

At the moment, my computer does not turn the EQ settings on at startup. Is there any way to load the equalizer at startup along with my profile so I don't always have to open it up and turn it on manually?

(I've downloaded the latest updates for the software).

Thanks!

Yah this is an annoying issue, I just copied the Eq shortcut from the Creative folder in my Start menu to the Startup folder. I couldn't find a simpler solution :p It's a bit annoying to close it every time I start up, but atleast the settings get implemented.

You could just also make a shortcut to the app in the Creative directory yourself, though copying it from the Start menu is easiest. The path should be something like

C:\Program Files\Creative\Equalizer\CTEQ.exe

Good idea...probably wouldn't have thought of that myself, even though it's so simple :)

Maybe I'll send Creative an e-mail asking if they ever plan on integrating the EQ settings on startup (maybe in a future software release or something)...

Good luck with that. Chances are creative will come out with a new card before they update the drivers again. How many driver releases have we had since the Audigy 2 ZS has been released? 1 or 2? :rolleyes:

I am not complaining though, the card works fine for me.

Oh yea, the card's definately awesome. I just enjoy tweaking the sound to my liking.

Also, I could probably write a small startup script or program that would first open the Equalizer program, and then would close it right after it's loaded (since that's all that is needed to accomplish what I want). In fact, I think that's what I'll do :)

JAdamz said:
Oh yea, the card's definately awesome. I just enjoy tweaking the sound to my liking.

Also, I could probably write a small startup script or program that would first open the Equalizer program, and then would close it right after it's loaded (since that's all that is needed to accomplish what I want). In fact, I think that's what I'll do :)

Hey, if you get something like that working, let us know. I'd be interested in that. Would the EQ settings stay in effect even after the EQ application is closed?

I believe so. I have to see what the program is doing when the "X" is clicked to close the Equalizer window...it may just be hiding the window and not necessarily unloading the EQ program itself from memory.

I will definately look into it. Class just started again for the semester and I'll probably be busy with that stuff, though I'm sure I'll get some time to get something going.

Will make notice of it if I get it working!

Alright well I whipped up something kind of fast, but from what I tested it seemed to work. For some reason my EQ settings are in fact loading at startup WITHOUT having to run my program (no clue why; my program is meant to be a run-each-startup thing).

Please take into account that this is still a beta program, meant simply for early testing!

I'm not positive it will work correctly on a machine other than mine (external program dependencies, etc.) but I'd like to at least get some bug feedback.

At the moment the Creative EQ program must be in the directory:

"C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Equalizer\CTEQ.exe".

Not sure if this directory is the same for all Audigy 2 cards, but for a quick and dirty test I hard coded it.

The program does not have any GUI, it's simply code that opens up the EQ program and then closes it again, thereby loading the EQ settings for the card.

Download it at http://www.disp0sable.org/stuff/EQLoader.zip

E-mail me with any errors or suggestions.

Back