Audigy 2 ZS Problem

paintballax4ever

Limp Gawd
I recently got the Audigy 2 ZS sound card, and I've been getting some problems with it. Sometimes, but not always the sound gets all weird. For exanple, I'll click a link on a webpage and the sound is very noticibly different. Sometimes sounds wouldn't completely play in games. It gets distorted and everyhing.

I've tried reinstalling my drivers, but that hasn't worked. I tried moving the card to different PCI cards, but that didn't work too.

Anyone have any idea?

Are you using any form of Norton Utilites?

Symantec and Creative hate each other.

I've got the ZS 2 Plat. and I had to lose all of my stuff from Symantec before I could be happy.

I had problems similar to yours...what I did was uninstall ALL the drivers and reinstall ONLY the sound drivers..I left all that other crap off.......the EAX and whatever other shit they stuff in there....

It fixed my problem, Might be worth a try...

I had the same problem with the Audigy card. When I would click a link to open up a movie, it would sound diffrent. When that movie was closed, the sound went back to normal. Sadly, I never figgured out what caused it.

I have the same problem. I'll be talking to someone on ventrilo and i'll click something in IE and it'll make that horrible little IE click and right when it does the persons voice sounds different on vent. It's really annoying. That and the static popping with jets in BF2 and with tons of other crap. Oh and I can't have Ventrilo and Teamspeak open at the same time and talk to people on both. Same goes for Vent and CS or any two recording channels. Bahhhhh . Another stupid creative buy for me. I'll probably blow my money on an X-Fi when it comes out too only to have the same damn problems.

paintballax4ever said:
I guess everyone with this sound card has the same problem?

No, my Audigy2 ZS doesn't have this problem either. All Creative apps are installed except the Demos. I also have the newest WinAMP (what I use the most) and othe apps installed.

Go to you control Panel, you know where it is right? Click on "Sound and Audio Devices"->select the "Sounds" tab-->select the Arrow/Radio arrow and select "No Sounds". For Windows Speaker Settings on the "Volume Tab", Select "Advanced". Match your speakers, only use 2.1 for Two speakers/Sub and Headphone for Cans. On the "Performance" Tab, move the Sliders all the way to the Right, this gives you hardware acceleration and sounds better. Many times I checked out folks systems with this turned off or deactivated.

Popping and Noise. Make sure you using only ONE EQ or Bass and Treble Tone setting. I have at least 4 of these EQs with MS Media Player 10, WinAMP's and Creative's separate Bass/Treble and EQ. This can even cause the so called Squeal of Death when too many Tone Settings are enabled. MS MP's WOW settings are a Big NO NO once you finished using it, disable it. Remember Each Sound App doesn't cancel the other's settings. They add too each other.

Too bad so many folks listen to BS about Creative. Even the simple Getting stated DEMO would help folks avoid tons of problems. Uninstall it when you're use to using the card.

Donnie27

Donnie27 said:
No, my Audigy2 ZS doesn't have this problem either. All Creative apps are installed except the Demos. I also have the newest WinAMP (what I use the most) and othe apps installed.

Go to you control Panel, you know where it is right? Click on "Sound and Audio Devices"->select the "Sounds" tab-->select the Arrow/Radio arrow and select "No Sounds". For Windows Speaker Settings on the "Volume Tab", Select "Advanced". Match your speakers, only use 2.1 for Two speakers/Sub and Headphone for Cans. On the "Performance" Tab, move the Sliders all the way to the Right, this gives you hardware acceleration and sounds better. Many times I checked out folks systems with this turned off or deactivated.

Popping and Noise. Make sure you using only ONE EQ or Bass and Treble Tone setting. I have at least 4 of these EQs with MS Media Player 10, WinAMP's and Creative's separate Bass/Treble and EQ. This can even cause the so called Squeal of Death when too many Tone Settings are enabled. MS MP's WOW settings are a Big NO NO once you finished using it, disable it. Remember Each Sound App doesn't cancel the other's settings. They add too each other.

Too bad so many folks listen to BS about Creative. Even the simple Getting stated DEMO would help folks avoid tons of problems. Uninstall it when you're use to using the card.

Donnie27

I appreciate your help, but I want sound...you know what that is right? Why would you suggest turning my windows sound off, then continue to explain ways to fix my sound. Again I appreciate your attempt to help me, but I consider it a Big NO NO.

What is your master volume level set at?
Lower it to about 60% and see if it helps.

When you goto the creative website, they have 2 drivers for your sound card...... have you tried both (the standard current one, and a beta one).

Also, have you tried to use any driver custimizations? I tried this with my old card, and that might have been the reason for it. It was supposed to be a tweak of some sort.

Lastly, if this does not help, I would eaither contact creative labs about the issue (im sure they have heard the same thing many times), or use their online forums and try and ask them there.

~Hope this helps, and keep us posted

paintballax4ever said:
I appreciate your help, but I want sound...you know what that is right? Why would you suggest turning my windows sound off, then continue to explain ways to fix my sound. Again I appreciate your attempt to help me, but I consider it a Big NO NO.

Nice attitude :rolleyes: .

Never had problems with my 2 zs.

paintballax4ever said:

Oh, I know what what sounds are but it seems you still don't. I don't say that to be mean or anything.

I didn't call you a Dumb @$$ or anything. I have no idea what your level of Skillz are. NO SOUNDs doesn't mean it turns off all sounds. It just turns OFF Windows sounds like IE Browsers "Clicks", StartUp, Shutdown, Error, Minimize, Maximize and Setting for Internets sounds that are separate for Game Sounds, DVD or even WinAMP.

Now if you wan't these sounds, then stop bitching about them. You can disable each setting or all at once.

Each of the real sounds you do want can be set independantly and the card reverts to each different setting as you start up that app/s. The last item/app selected is which Sound System Tone it defualts to. If you have music set for headphones and the Internet is set at its default 2.0 speakers, you get a different sound when its enabled or in this case IE, started up. The Setting will shift from Heaphones to 2.0. Headphone sounds much better.

Donnie27

Donnie27, if im not mistaken, its not a "constant" problem.

Its just, sometimes when he/she clicks on a link, it will sometimes distort the sound.

This happened to me when I would click a link to an movie file, and click another link while the movie was still playing (audigy sound card). Although, the more I look back on it, I might have messed it up with some tweaked drivers.......... so its probably my fault.

towert7 said:
Donnie27, if im not mistaken, its not a "constant" problem.

Its just, sometimes when he/she clicks on a link, it will sometimes distort the sound.

This happened to me when I would click a link to an movie file, and click another link while the movie was still playing (audigy sound card). Although, the more I look back on it, I might have messed it up with some tweaked drivers.......... so its probably my fault.

I'm not sure enough to argue. It just seemed like what might wrong IMHO.

Donnie27

This is a strange problem.
Personally I can have CS:S running, TeamSpeak up, and Outlook open.
If I recieve an email I get the little chime in the middle of what ever is happening in the game and no other problems.
No problems while websurfing and watching a video in the background. The clicks don't interfere with anything I'm doing.

Have you thought about wipeing your system and doing a complete re-install?

If/When you do then you might want to not install a huge number of audio apps. I have Nero Burning Rom and it installs a new Video and Audio player which I really don't need. Lately alot of apps include media players which you don't need / don't use but will screw around with your sound card.

Also, have you disabled the motherboard's onboard sound card in the BIOS? If you havent then the Audigy and the onboard sound might be interfering with each other. Default resource settings for ALL sound cards are the Creative defaults - everybody has to copy the company that created the first and best sound card. You should have the sound before the Soundblaster ISA - yuck!

Luck figuring it out.

I've heard of changing the PCI latency to different values in the BIOS for similar problems. If it's at 32, put it at 64. I also have hardware acceleration for the card turned down a notch. And be sure 3DCRSS (sp?) is turned off too, in my experience it just makes everything sound worse.

I got an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, with no problems now. I also got Symantec software in my system (Norton).

Initially, I got an occassional distortion of sound when playing games (some popping and scratchy sound). I did 2 things:

1. disabled the onboard sound of my motherboard (Realtek).
2. uninstalled and re-installed all Audigy drivers

Everything worked fine after that.

paintballax4ever said:
I guess everyone with this sound card has the same problem?

no issue wotsoever with my audigy 2 zs so i guess you're wrong...

IMO i trust creative and i repute it as a serios company which puts effort in their products

to the OP have you tried downlaoding the latest drivers from their site?
and yes please do turn off onboard sound

-not a hijack-

but In a few days I gotta RMA my Creative Gigaworks S750 subwoofer/ and/ center speaker bc it's making buzzing/humming/crackling/static whenever volume emitted goes above 3 bars.

Could this be a software issue in your opinion(s)?

Onboard sound is off. I think I'm going to just reformat or something. Could it be a hardware problem or just a software problem, since the problem goes off and on?

Back