Audio Technica ATH-M50S $141 shipped. [Warm]

These things rarely see a price less than $159 so ~20 off is decent.

The "S" means they come with a straight cord instead of the coiled one.

ATH-M50S

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When I got my M50s two years ago they were $110. Good thing I got them before all the hype.

At $160 though, there's other phones that are just as good for the money.

Almost booked it cause I was digging the higher impedance. However frequency response my Denon's in my sig smoke 'em.

$129 is for a used unit. it's $159 for new, just like the OP said.

The ones the op linked are 130 new from Amazon, and with the $30 from soundprofessionals, its the same price.

What are you looking at?

Almost booked it cause I was digging the higher impedance. However frequency response my Denon's in my sig smoke 'em.

Frequency response specs almost universally suck. If you want to judge frequency response, get a set on your head or read reviews from established reviewers.

BTW

Its showing at $129 free shipping right now!!!

If it was warm before, sure is HOT right now!

I paid $99 for a brand new set on ebay about a year ago for these. Might want to check ebay out if you are interested in these (and you should be because they are AWESOME for the price!)

If you want to get into higher end headphones, and are on the fence I would really highly suggest these. They appeal a bit more to a use that like bass, but the high end is pretty good. FWIW I also own a pair of Grado SR-80's, which are like the polar opposite set, and I tent to listen to the M50's more.

These things rarely see a price less than $159 so ~20 off is decent.

The "S" means they come with a straight cord instead of the coiled one.

ATH-M50S

Have these gone up in price or what? I paid 79.99 for mine (brand new) on sale last year. They were $99/fs with $20 back if you used BillMeLater.

Great set of headphones. Especially if paired with a good audio source that you can adjust (quality sound card, amp, etc). I use mine occasionally for BF3 and get great positional audio out of them.

I sold my Grado SR60's when I got these because the Grado's, although awesome in there own right, couldn't be used when traveling because of the open can design (sound leak, plus was they had a great soundstage).

Btw, for those wanting to try before you buy, check out GuitarCenter if you have one nearby as they're good with that type of thing. Usually they stock a lot of highend headphones.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back