Automotive GPS Navigation device

Jospeh

[H]ard|Gawd
I will be buying one as a present. Do you guys have any recommendations?

navigon makes a great unit for a great price. check out the 5100 and 7100. I had the 5100 and it was awesome... until it got stolen.

My girlfriend has the 2100 which is about $70 now and its a decent unit, but no where near as nice as the 5100

i have Garmin nuvi 205w that tells me what my speed and tells me the speed limit where i'm driving and easy to navigate..

I just Got my wife a Garmin nuvi 265t. It is the new 2009 Model and has Text To Speech.(you dont even really have to look at it, it says the street names thats a huge + The other thing it has is FM Traffic updates, I've not used this feature yet but it is free and you can read about it on the garmin site. I am very impressed with this GPS.

I'm also looking at buying a GPS device tomorrow, hopefully finding a good deal for one. I'll take a look at the Navigon and Garmin ones.

Any other suggestions for a 1st GPS?

Another vote for Garmin. I have the 255w... works in both Chinese and English (Taiwan).

Look into Garmin or a GPS with free yearly map updates. Those can pile up initial costs.

i bought a Garmin 205W for 109 at bestbuy for my dad
its a really good gps for the price. it does basically everything except does not say street names

So far it looks like the best deal for the Garmin 260w at best buy for $190, since it has the 4.3" screen and it says street names. However I'm curious about the Sanyo brands, does anyone have any experience with Sanyo GPS?

Back