Auzen HT-HD dual output possible?

PAo_ReVoLT

[H]ard|Gawd
is it possible to have both S/PDIF and analog output at the same time on Auzen HTHD?

thx in advance

If you are looking for S/PDIF and analogue, get a different card. The whole reason to pay the hefty price for the HTHD is HDMI. If you aren't going to use that, there are other cheaper X-Fis that'll do analogue and S/PDIF.

yes i do use HDMI for movie play back,

but i'm asking this for general computing (analog for headphone | SPDIF for my speaker)

thx

Why wouldn't you use HDMI for your speakers? You have to remember that that HTHD will send ALL audio out the HDMI output, not just movies unless you don't want it to. As such you can use that for everything. Output all audio over HDMI and plug your headphones in to the receiver when you want to use them.

However in the event you really don't want to do that for some reason, yes you can use the other outputs at the same time. The analogue outs, both the multi-channel speaker and headphone out, are always active unless you are bitstreaming audio from a DVD or Blu-Ray. The S/PDIF output is not active by default but you can turn it on. You just check a box to send a stereo mixdown out digital outs, and the card will do so. That will also turn your HDMI to stereo out as well.

All in all, you are talking more complexity than you need. A better idea is just multi-channel HDMI to the receiver. That will then of course do your speakers. If you want headphones, plug them in and the receiver should shut down the speaker outputs and activate the headphone outputs.

Back