AV8-3rd Eye--> Anyone using all 4 DIMM slots?

Mase

2[H]4U
Curious if anyone is running this 939 setup with all 4 DIMM slots filled. I currently own 2x256 OCZ Enhanced Latency stix and I was curious if i needed to sell these and score 2x512 stix, or save some scratch and get 2 more stix of 256???

I plan on OC'ing as much as possible and I have not read of any issues with populating all 4 slots. Can someone confirm it is trouble free?
Much thanks
peace

Your memory will default to 333mhz with all 4 slots filled I beleive. My recommendation is to get 2x512 sticks.

Thankx guys for the quick response. What about the other thread I needlessly created and could have placed in here...bout the MSI Neo2 Plat? Same things I imagine huh?

Yeah, because the problem is based in the A64 memory controller and not in the VIA/Nvidia chipset.

I thought the problem was only with 4 double sided sticks. Does the problem also exist with 4 single sided sticks?

it shouldn't, though not many people run 4 single sided dimms.
i would try it for you, but i lack a board with 4 slots and 4 single sided dimms. though i know my neo i can run a double and two singles to fill all the slots, and still oc just as far as i could before.

Back