Ava Direct or Maingear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when I sent it in for repair and they asked me to ship my video card from newegg I removed for my old pc. That made me angry. I told them I would like a refund and they refused and they still wanted to charge me a $15 fee to change to the boards they later dropped. They were upset that I had missed an earlier RMA request do to my father being sick and had to taken to the hospital. Even if I demand a refund at this point they will probably refuse and I will end up having to file a lawsuit and maybe pay lawyer fees.

It's a shame you have to go through all that. It was there fault for the SATA cables and the case power button being like that. They should accept it and repair the computer for you under warranty. I'm surprised to see AVA acting like this. They are usually really good with service.

As an employee at Digital Storm, I can't help but toss out that you should come to us :p (Hey how else would I get paid)

But I know that a customer of ours purchased an equivalent PC from MAINGEAR (Sans our water cooling)

and did a review, I wish I could find the links but I lost the youtube links.

Out of our competitors Maingear has pretty good support. (I work in the customer service end of Digital Storm so I tend to hear about other companies from time to time.)

The bios was never updated either. They managed to do that at least on the evga board when I first bought this damn thing. This voltage on this board if really weird compared to the evga. I can't get my ram to 2.1v even its either under volted to 2.96 or over volted past 2.140. I even found setting it too 2.1v put my ram at 2.5v I caught it in time though so I don't think the ram was damaged. I'm really sick of this shit I just want a pc that works out of the box and runs and where the screen doesn't turn to shit and crash when you play a video like the evga junker. I really should press for a refund but I doubt it will happen without a lawsuit. My ole emachine has been stable for 2 years out of the box and it still runs without all these damn problems and building mistakes.

Anyway I just posted this to avadirect I want to see what they have to say tomorrow.

"Everything about this computer is a mess. Its in worse shapes then when I sent it in. I have never seen such incompetence before. The old evga board sata cables were used and would not stay in place in the sideways asus board connectors. Even a blind man could have felt they would not fit, that they were not flush and the bottom ones were falling out and the top ones were reamed in. The motherboard soundcard had no screw in it it was shipped with just the open case latch holding it in place. The case power buttons and lights were all wired wrong the pc would not even turn on. The Hard drive light was wired to the power jumper on the board and vice versa. As well as the pled light and reset button all wired wrong. All these problems I had to fix myself. The copy of the stalker game included with the board isn't even with it. You say it was double tested that is bull. Didn't anyone push the power button and see the damn thing wouldn't even turn on because the wiring in it was all fucked to hell? I have no faith in the longevity of this pc."

There should be no need for lawyers. If you want a refund you should get one.

I am amazed. I would never have thought a company in such [H]igh standing here would 1) cause a customer so much headache and not bring the heavens down to help that customer out and 2) make YOU pay to send a system back for repairs??

There are A LOT of potential customers on these boards so I am confused as to why we haven't seen an AVA rep here to explain things. I know they don't have to but if you're on the forums anyway, might as well tell your side of the story.

This is just weird.

I really don't get it either. These problems wouldn't have taken them long to fix themselves as I would think their techs are trained although maybe not... They had the thing from 8/20 - 9/8. I shipped it on 8/19 they got it 8/20. I am starting to think they never did any work on it until I started bugging them over it. They might have even been trying to reproduce the video corruption on the evga board and trying to get out of changing it for this asus they offered. I just don't know. This is a mess. I asked 9/1 on its status and was told it was being tested and would be ready to ship the next day. That never happened so when I asked them again on 9/4 again they said tomorrow and that weekend came and went and 9/8 it shipped.

I have it running now but I don't know for how long. Who knows what else they screwed up on it I don't know about. I still need to check the motherboard sound card in it and make sure its wired right and works. I have an x-fi so testing it is not a priority. The bios I am working with now the board was overvolting the ram from 2.1v to 2.5v so I bet the ram goes eventually now. I caught it pretty quick so I don't know. I reset it to 2.02 which sets it at 2.096.

I never had this many problems when I first got the damn thing. The only other things I had trouble with were a 9600gt I sent back because it sucked not really an issue there just hated the drivers and features. The memory reader being picky and needing re hooked once in a while. The real problem started when I played a video the screen would turn to shit and the pc would crash due to the wonderful video corruption of the evga board. After all the evga bios fixes it never worked right it still turned to shit on the right video. I bet none of this would have happened if I never had bought that evga piece of garbage.

edit: Here is a pic of a couple sata cables side by side after I cut it out. You can see why they wouldn't stay in.

Have you got any word from AVA?
Have you posted any of this on their forums. Might get a quick response that way.

Hello Schneider,

First off, I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your RMA'd machine. I used to be involved with the RMA and Tech support process, but now I mainly deal in sales, so I have not been aware of these situations for some time now. We stand behind our product, regardless of the outcome, and will do what we must to give you the satisfaction you deserve. Though we work hard to deliver high quality service, situations like this can rarely occur. Whether it is a high volume of sales, or orders that must be pushed by a certain date, mistakes can happen. What matters is what we do to reconcile those mistakes.

Schneider, please contact me at [email protected]

I would like to speak with you directly, and hear your concerns, please.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct

Hello Schneider,

First off, I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your RMA'd machine. I used to be involved with the RMA and Tech support process, but now I mainly deal in sales, so I have not been aware of these situations for some time now. We stand behind our product, regardless of the outcome, and will do what we must to give you the satisfaction you deserve. Though we work hard to deliver high quality service, situations like this can rarely occur. Wether it is a high volume of sales, or orders that must be pushed by a certain date, mistakes can happen. What matters is what we do to reconcile those mistakes.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct

Yay Joe!

Hello Schneider,

First off, I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your RMA'd machine. I used to be involved with the RMA and Tech support process, but now I mainly deal in sales, so I have not been aware of these situations for some time now. We stand behind our product, regardless of the outcome, and will do what we must to give you the satisfaction you deserve. Though we work hard to deliver high quality service, situations like this can rarely occur. Whether it is a high volume of sales, or orders that must be pushed by a certain date, mistakes can happen. What matters is what we do to reconcile those mistakes.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct

You leaving Tech support was the worst decision ever :( I looked forward to watching you fix things on the boards :D But none the less, here you are. Sweet.

Thanks for showing up to help him out :)

As a fellow computer enthusiast, I ask myself what I would want out of a custom PC builder. I simply follow those guidelines, and try to meet demands and make my customers happy. :)

I contacted them last night again. I have asked them to send me the missing discs that were missing one of which is the stalker game. I have also asked them to reimburse my shipping charges. I have also informed them of the board overvolting my ram in case it does fail in the future. I thought they should be aware if it does happen. I need to run memtest86+ while I'm away at work and see what it says. They have said to contact them again monday and they will reimburse my shipping fees.

The system is running and I have the wiring redone except for a sound card cable. Its a bit sloppy compared to what a pro could do but its good enough and I don't think it will effect air flow too much. I just need to check the ram now as it worries me a bit.

I contacted them last night again. I have asked them to send me the missing discs that were missing one of which is the stalker game. I have also asked them to reimburse my shipping charges. I have also informed them of the board overvolting my ram in case it does fail in the future. I thought they should be aware if it does happen. I need to run memtest86+ while I'm away at work and see what it says. They have said to contact them again monday and they will reimburse my shipping fees.

The system is running and I have the wiring redone except for a sound card cable. Its a bit sloppy compared to what a pro could do but its good enough and I don't think it will effect air flow too much. I just need to check the ram now as it worries me a bit.

This. Awesome, however I don't know why they charged you in the first place?
Is this just standard practice for you guys at AVA?

Schenider,

I spoke with numerous co-workers of mine and we have not received any contact from you last night. I have tried to locate your order in our database, and It cannot be found. If you would be so kind to provide me with your AVA-XXXXXX order number I can investigate these issues further. Also, I left my direct contact information on a previous post, please contact me directly to discuss your concerns.

Thank You,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct

I am in contact with you already on your message system. I don't use the same forum name on multiple sites. I was last messaged his morning.

edit: I will try to run memtest86 tonight.

Good luck getting a resolution I finally gave up on my piece of crap AVA computer.... One of my repairs took 12 weeks and after over 2 years of sending it back to them every 2-3 months I just bought my own parts and rebuilt it myself been about 6 months now I guess and its working like a champ now.

Warranties are fine and dandy IF the company that warrants the work stands behind it.... In my case all they knew how to do was replace parts and not solve the cause of the failures.... 2 cases 4 mobs 7or 8 vid cards and at least 6 high end ram failures in about 18 months.

BTW you will never get a refund out of them. Search my posts there has to be one of my epic ones still around about AVA.... As a company I wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire unless I was able to piss gas or napalm or something equally bad.

*Sigh*:rolleyes: Here we go again.

What is it now worng for me to occasionally drop in a thread that asks about AVAdirect and let people know about my situation? If you dont like looking at my comments then just go ahead and put me on ignore... This is my first comment in months about AVAdirect and its the truth. I realize you got a good computer from them and thats awesome but not everyone has and this posters issues with AVAdirect mirror my own.

I can understand a customer's frustration when it comes to RMAs. Obviously we don't manufacture any of the parts we use in our systems. We understand that these manufactures do not always do their job properly when it comes to quality control, and that's why we offer a standard three year warranty at no extra charge. No stand-alone part or complete system is perfect, and I cannot begin to tell you how many components I have purchased from Newegg, Tigerdirect, Etc. , that I have had to send back for replacement. These things just happen, even when we test for extended periods of time using these programs:

3DMark

BurnInTest

Everest

Kodan, what I don't understand is how you feel we didn't do anything to help you. We have done several things for you and your system, such as:

Swapped your RAM with more stable RAM, and issued a refund for the cost difference.

Also upgraded your case and motherboard for free (780I), as well as sent you free games from Newegg.

Shipped you Vista Ultimate with SP1 integrated, along with some free t-shirts.

Free wire management

Not counting the replacement of your original motherboard, RAM, GPU's, LED lights, and DVD Drive.

We did everything we could to help get your system up and running but you simply gave up and demanded a full refund after 6 months.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct

You guys made me fight you every step of the way to get eveything I got from you guys and I was asking for a refund less than 60 days into things when I got my computer back and it died less than 24 hours into having it AFTER you sent it back to me from it arriving with a bad video card and screws impacted into the case.... Misha refused to give me a refund and argued about doing anything for me the whole time.

You guys didnt do shit for me except keep my computer weeks at a time only to send it back to me to break in a month.

I got free wire management because it was something new you all were doing and wanted to use me as an expirement.... Try again...

I got Vista Ulitmate in lieu of you repaying me shipping costs.... So try again....

I did not get a vista with SP1 included although you did get me access to SP1 thinking it would solve my issues which it didnt..... So try again....

I got free t shirts that were supposed to be INCLUDED with my video card.... Try again....

I got the ram swap after 6 sets of ram burned out and you only went with a lower speed ram not necessarily a more stable one. Also it was a choice to go with the lesser ram due to the inability of Corsair to supply enough of their highest speed ram at the time. Damn right I wasnt going to take $200 ram as a replacement for $400 ram... Try again.....

I got all the replacement parts because you were OBLIGATED under warranty to provide them... So try again...

The ONLY truthfull thing you said is yes you sent me $100 bucks in games I picked from new egg becuse you KEPT MY MACHINE 12 WEEK YES TWELVE WEEKS ON A RMA..,....

SO please tell me again what you all did that I should be so grateful for? No computer especially a $4200 custom one should spend over 18 weeks in the shop across 4 RMAs... One of which you guys even claimed my computer was damaged in shipping on yet you didnt bother to inform me of the damages for almost 7 business days and even then I had to call you to find it out....

PLEASE tell me again why I should think you guys are a good company????. I simply game up on your $4200 dollar piece of shit part eatting box AFTER 18 months of hassling with you guys every other month to get it fixed. It became OBVIOUS you couldnt fix the computer when even rebuilding it wouldnt fix things... I find it quite interesting I replaced parts and now have had it working for months with no issues and I dont even know how to put a computer together.....

You might want to get your facts staight as I have over 300 emails from Chris and Misha that back up every thing I have said.

<snip>

We did everything we could to help get your system up and running but you simply gave up and demanded a full refund after 6 months.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct

I know where you are coming from, but after SIX MONTHS I'd damn well demand a refund too. Hell, I would have offered a refund rather than have to keep paying employees to work on the same damn machine and for parts. 6 months is FAR too long.

I bought my computer on dec 26th 2006 got to me on jan 16th I think it was and by 9/24/07 it was just leaving AVA from its 3rd RMA that I had to ship it back to them for totalling roughly 18 weeks(including shipping back and forth not counting that totally against ava but it did add to the time I didnt get to use my computer). And they wonder why I am a tad upset with them... Let me repeat that 3 RMA's in the first 8 months that totaled 4 and a half of those VERY same months....Even worse their computer which now actually no longer even physically exists STILL didnt work longer than a month after their last wonderful repair.

I got my machine and it required an immediate RMA. Bad video card and some install damage to one video card. That set off bells and whistles for everyone in my family but me I let them take it back in for repairs rather than ask for the refund. Shit happens we all get bad electronics at times.... It happens so I didnt think anything of it...

I warned AVA it might have a failing mobo as well(early 680i's were crap)but they shipped it back to me without testing that... Even gave them posts on boards from other people with fried boards that had EXACT issues to the letter other than different OS's on the computers.....Machine cratered within 24 hours of getting it back.... THATS when I asked for a refund I was just outside the 30 days and was refused....Wasnt hard to push me out of the 30 day refund window when they took 23 of those days repairing the intial problems and they started their 30 days from when they shipped and that took 5 days each way since they always waited till friday to ship and it would sit all weekend in ohio then... The third repair TOOK about 12 weeks total for them to accomplish if you include shipping they actually had it for ten weeks in their possession.

They want to act like they did me some huge favors giving me some things to keep me happy but Misha and Co. can kiss my butt... They are scum and I wouldnt buy their computers if they were last computer company on the planet.... He even threatened to not support my computer if I didnt remove truthful negative posts about his service.

Dont really care I finally got a working computer after I spent 500$ and bought a new mobo and new case since the upgraded case mentioned had a broken switch that failed in 3 weeks. The case was only upgraded when I told them I wouldnt tolerate them sitting on my computer for 5 full business days and NEVER ONCE picked up a phone or emailed to tell me my $4200 compure needed a new case due to supposed shipping damage.

Just wish I hadnt ever even heard of AVA now... It was a nightmare... Misha is rude combative and trys to intimidate you when you have issues. Beware...

What Kodan says would be met with outrage a year ago but I've heard a bunch of similar tales... I'd skip ava at this point.

Have to ask you michael.pa2 why you continue to read threads with complaints about AVA direct if you find them so boring? And I havent been around here in a good while but when I think about it I do like to drop in from time to time... I still dont think I have my moneys worth in bad press back from them yet... Sorry if it bores you but maybe you could find something else to read?

Kodan,

What happened to you is not right. But there are now new people at AVADirect like Joe and Matt that really want to help the customer.

What happened to you, and all the previous issues were before these new employees started there. Enough of the past, companies change for the better you know. You cannot hate an company forever, they all do something stupid once in a while.

Kodan,

I truly am sorry for the issues you experienced with AVADirect, and the last thing I want personally is for any customer to dislike their computer. I also apologize for not having the story straight, as I was simply going off of what was documented. Your system was purchased before I was an employee here at AVADirect, and I surely do not let quality control get this horrible since I've been here. I do my best to apply my own experience, and knowledge that I have learned to create a pleasant experience with every customer. There have also been some big employee changes, not just in customer service, but in assembly as well. We have come a long way since the beginning of the year and we plan to make more changes for the better. Don't think the complaints and suggestions go unheard, they are definitely taken with serious consideration. I urge anyone interested in AVADirect to contact me directly, and I will assure your system will be 100% compatible and fully functional. :)

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct.

Kodan,

I truly am sorry for the issues you experienced with AVADirect, and the last thing I want personally is for any customer to dislike their computer. I also apologize for not having the story straight, as I was simply going off of what was documented. Your system was purchased before I was an employee here at AVADirect, and I surely do not let quality control get this horrible since I've been here. I do my best to apply my own experience, and knowledge that I have learned to create a pleasant experience with every customer. There have also been some big employee changes, not just in customer service, but in assembly as well. We have come a long way since the beginning of the year and we plan to make more changes for the better. Don't think the complaints and suggestions go unheard, they are definitely taken with serious consideration. I urge anyone that is looking for a great deal on a fully customizable system to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to offer my services.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Mundy
Sales Executive
800-808-8299 Direct.

You guys need to kiss and make up.

Also, Joe, you might want to watch out saying something like your very last sentence which I highlighted...M a x F o r c e PC got banned for psuedo advertising(as far as I can tell) and that remark is either on the line or all the way over it.

Edit is your friend. ;) :D

DONE, thanks for the heads up, Shawnasee!

In no way was I trying to advertise, just proove a point.

No problem. It'd be a shame to not have an AVA rep here on [H].

Good luck getting these issues resolved, your rep is too good to go the way of CyberPower. ;)

Been offline the whole week ISP problems. Anyway ava wants a copy of my receipt now I'll have photocopy and send it to them via email. More problems now the reset button is going bad and the top of the case is starting to come unwelded from all this shipping and crap I can see red light though the case welds. I'm getting lock ups and slow downs occasionally which might be software or hardware. I need to reinstall xp and vista and tweak bios settings to find out.

Been offline the whole week ISP problems. Anyway ava wants a copy of my receipt now I'll have photocopy and send it to them via email. More problems now the reset button is going bad and the top of the case is starting to come unwelded from all this shipping and crap I can see red light though the case welds. I'm getting lock ups and slow downs occasionally which might be software or hardware. I need to reinstall xp and vista and tweak bios settings to find out.

This is the exact kind of nightmare I wanted to avoid. Cut your losses bro and send it back or are you actually enjoying fiddling around on this thing?

I doubt they will allow that. This pc was originally built earlier this year its way past the return policy.

Yeah you WONT get a refund now... Best you can hope for is that they can eventually get you something that will work... Really hope you arent like me and end up replacing the computer yourself rather than deal with their repair depot.

Would have been nice Joseph if your brother Chris Mundy or even god forbid Misha Troshin had insured that I had a 100% fully functional computer that I PAID $4200 FOR AND NEVER actually got.

Kinda surprised you are back here after managing to get your company banned from here for spamming the forums...

The temporary ban placed on AVADirect was a result of misunderstanding. We hired a new employee here at AVADirect and they were not aware of the rules of this forum, hence why we are back on the forums. Our intention was not to "spam" or flood this forum with advertisements, but to offer our knowledge. I'm a computer enthusiast of many years and I like to keep current with the latest hardware on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back