AVA DIRECT pc review

cptlongdog

n00b
AMD, Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 5200+ 2.6GHz, AM2, HT 2000MHz, 2x 1MB L2 cache, 89W, 90nm, Retail
NOCTUA, NH-U12F Copper CPU Cooler, Socket LGA775/754/939/940/AM2
SERVICE, Overclock This Rig
ASUS, M2N32-SLI Deluxe, nForce 590 SLI, DDR2-800 8GB /4, PCIe x16 SLI, SATA II RAID 5 /6, Audio, Gb LAN /2, FW /2, Retail
CORSAIR, 2GB (2 x 1GB) XMS2 Pro PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz CL4 (4-4-4-12) SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC, Platinum
BFG TECH, GeForce™ 8800 GTS OC 550MHz, 640MB GDDR3 1600MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, 2x DVI, HDTV/S-Video/Composite Out, Retail
WESTERN DIGITAL, 320GB WD Caviar® SE16, SATA II 300MB/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
RAID, No RAID, Independent HDD Drives
MITSUMI, Black Internal 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
SONY, DDU1615/B2S Black 16x DVD-ROM Drive, IDE, OEM
LITE-ON, LH-20A1H Black/White 20x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ LightScribe, EIDE/ATAPI, Retail
ANTEC, Nine Hundred Black Mid-Tower Case, ATX, No PSU
OCZ, GameXStream 850W Power Supply, 24-pin ATX EPS12V, SLI Ready
CUSTOM WIRING, Standard Wiring (Choose Upgrade)
MICROSOFT, Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32-bit, OEM
GAMING PC, Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)
SERVICE, Standard Shipping (UPS, DHL, or Fedex

This is by far the best computer I ever owned.I had a few hicups at first.But w/Chris Mundy`s help an excellent tech support guy at AVA everything worked out.Just a warning to new high end pc buyers make sure you have a new updated surge protector.My old one was either defective or to cheap to handle an 850 watt power supply.This problem caused me not to be able to load software.Onced plugged into main wall socket problem solved.I`ve sinced purchased a new better surge protector.

So if your shopping for a new computer and want excellent tech support,sales staff,price,many component choices then AVA DIRECT is the way to go.Thanks again Misha Troshin , Chris Mundy, & the reviews here at {H}ardForum. Best Regards,Brett Hoffman
PCDemetrius016.jpg

PCDemetrius021.jpg

PCDemetrius028.jpg

Brett,

Thanks for sharing your experience with AVA... I have a new AVA-rig on order now (will post pics).

Good to hear that thiings are going well for you. You should bumb this post in a month or so and let us know how its going!

Cheers! :cool:

Just so some jerk doesn't say it, you may have wanted to consider Intel.

But whatever, glad you're happy!

We were very impressed with the performance of the 5200+ in our Alienware machine. AMD is offering tremendous bang-for-buck on their 5000 X2 series. They're a fraction of the price of the C2Ds.

Will that motherboard accept an AMD native quad-core CPU (phenom, etc) when they are available?

I did consider Intel.But I`ve had AMD for a long time with no problems.And yes money was also a factor.Can`t miss what I don`t have.Running BF2142 & Stalker at very high settings now and I`m amazed.I was running a 128 mb video & pc2700 ram so.Massive improvement of detail and special effects.I`m completely thrilled.Hope to add a 2nd video card one day if games come out that call 4 it.

By the way love my Antec 900 case.

Was posting to find out how to post pics.looked in faq section.now pics are posted.I`m learning......

Back