Avaya IP Office 500

Astronutty

Limp Gawd
I have an Avaya IP Office 500.

I have an Incoming Call Route destined for "300 Main" which is a HuntGroup item with extension 300.

There are 6 extensions in this "300 Main" HuntGroup and they all ring when there is an inbound call.

I have added 3 telephones recently, and in spite of them not being in the "300 Main" HuntGroup, all three are ringing on inbound calls.

When I dial 300 internally, only the 6 telephones assigned to the "300 Main" HuntGroup rings, and the 3 new telephones do not ring.

Does anyone have experience with this phone system and know why new phones would have this very odd behaviour?

Steve

A solution is to go to User> Extension> Button Programming and select one of the four telephone lines and change Action Data from 70x to 70x:99 which will disable the ringing, but the call can still be picked up.

This is in spite of the phones not being in the "300 Main" HuntGroup, which still does not make sense, unless the mere existence of Button Programming with the Line Appearance and Action Data for each analog telephone line is enough for the telephones to ring in.

Steve

Yeah, my money is on line appearances on the phone and you used a template for those phones. could be wrong without seeing the actual programming. Are you using embedded voicemail or voicemail pro?

Back