.AVIs and other videos not working on 2405fpw

zappa86

Limp Gawd
I just got a 2405fpw and its great for DVDs and games. But when I try to watch any videos that are on my harddrive the color is all off. The colors are all bright and such. Before I had a 19in CRT connected by analog (DSUB). A day before I got my new monitor I watched the counter-struck video (real funny). But as soon as I got it, that video looked all funny. I know nothing has changed with my configurations. my 2405FPW is connected via DVI. My graphics card is an asus en6800gt. Ive heard talk about "protected DVI" and such to keep people from watching videos so it will make them funny colors (like when you turn your TV past a channel you dont have), but i'm trying to play videos from places like file planet, or my digital camera. Perhaps there are settings that I need to toggle? Or something, this is quite annonying. Thanks.

i think i have a similar problem. Whenever i watch videos on WMP all the videos look like if the colors were washed out or something like that. Only if i watch em in Winamp or MediaPlayer Classic do they display the colors correctly. Why does it happen? is it better to reformat? when i got 2405FPW i when ahead and plugged it in to my PC.

It's not your 2405 that is causing this. It is evident since it plays correctly in other media players. Go into your options and turn off hardware acceleration and that should resolve this issue (at least it did for me).

That Worked! Thanks. But is there a better way than that. I know my friend has the same monitor and a 66gt and it works fine with him. Also, I hope this hardware accel being off wont mess with games. I tuned it off. Opened up the video and started playing it. Than turned it back on and it still plays fine. But if I close WMP then I have to turn off acceleration to open it again to avoid thoes colors. This is so frustrating. Videos work fine for me in ubuntu. Its just windows.

I thought that the latest nvidia drivers fixed this problem... try updating if you haven't already.

zappa86 said:
That Worked! Thanks. But is there a better way than that. I know my friend has the same monitor and a 66gt and it works fine with him. Also, I hope this hardware accel being off wont mess with games. I tuned it off. Opened up the video and started playing it. Than turned it back on and it still plays fine. But if I close WMP then I have to turn off acceleration to open it again to avoid thoes colors. This is so frustrating. Videos work fine for me in ubuntu. Its just windows.

The hardware acceleration is just with videos in media player. It has nothing to do with games or anything else. You did turn it off in the option in media player not your video card right? If not leave hardware acceleration on for your video card and turn it off in the options FOR media player. Truth is, you don't need hard acceleration on for videos in media player.

How do you just turn it off for videos. I went to Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot -> And turned down that slider. Is there another one just for videos and media?

zappa86 said:
How do you just turn it off for videos. I went to Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot -> And turned down that slider. Is there another one just for videos and media?

Go into MEDIA PLAYER not your display settings and go to Tools -> Options -> Performance Tab -> and at the bottom there is a video acceleration section. Turn it to None.

Cool! I was having this problem after I installed the newest drivers for my new video card.

Now I can fix it. Thanks!

Back