AVP thoughts and impressions

At first the game runs fine at constant 60fps and dips to 40's. 45 minutes later into the game I'm crawling to the teens and single digits.

At first I thought it was ambient occlusion in some heavy scenes which I took out but the game has serious performance issues.

Memory Leak perhaps?

So does anyone know how to get past the refinery level as a pred. I am stuck in the egg chamber place and i am surrounded by never ending aliens and the door ways are blocked with flames. How do i put out the flames. The aliens are bum rushing me en mass and not even giving me a chance to figure out how to douse the flames. I hope i don't have to fight them all cause it seems impossible just by the amount of them that have me surrounded. No matter what i do and how may i take out i usually don't last any longer than 2-3 minutes before i get overwhelmed by the share amount of them attacking at once from all angles. I am playing on normal difficulty level. On a side note i got to say the more i play the more impressed i get with this game. any help would be appreciated thanks..

So does anyone know how to get past the refinery level as a pred. I am stuck in the egg chamber place and i am surrounded by never ending aliens and the door ways are blocked with flames. How do i put out the flames. The aliens are bum rushing me en mass and not even giving me a chance to figure out how to douse the flames. I hope i don't have to fight them all cause it seems impossible just by the amount of them that have me surrounded. No matter what i do and how may i take out i usually don't last any longer than 2-3 minutes before i get overwhelmed by the share amount of them attacking at once from all angles. I am playing on normal difficulty level. On a side note i got to say the more i play the more impressed i get with this game. any help would be appreciated thanks..

Off to one of the sides is a tunnel blocked with flames. Use your disc blade thing on the pipe on the ceiling of the tunnel. It'll put out the flames. I was stuck in that same section for a bit too.

Memory Leak perhaps?

I don't know I'm maxing out at 60fps per second than 30-45 minutes into the game it max around 30fps and becomes down right sluggish.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm running

E5200 @ 4ghz
GTX 260
4gigs
Win 7 64 ultra.

dx11 mode crashes for me as soon as anything rendered starts, dx9 is fine. Any ideas? 5870

I'm lovin' this game DESPITE two major issues I'm having.

I can't play on DX10. My temp gear is obviously incapable of handling the load. I suffer random pauses and graphical lag, 5-10 seconds worth. Sometimes I can go minutes without it but most of the time it's a slideshow. I think it has a lot to do with draw distance. On smaller maps or in tunnels and hallways I'm fine, but as soon as I'm out in the open: HOPELESS. I don't mind so much in SP, but in MP it's a joke.

So what? DX9, right? Yeah, that's what I thought. I switched to DX9 and was greeted with THIS. Pred heat vision doesn't work, making my job extremely difficult in Predator Hunt. Same goes for Alien vision, pheromones don't show up. MEH. It's a known bug that Rebellion is working to fix.

So yeah, either I play DX9 with gimp vision modes or I play DX10 and grit my teeth through lockups and jitter. No love, either way. Thank God my new gear arrives next week and I'll be able to do this otherwise awesome game some justice.

Here are some screen shots I took during the Marine Campaign. These were taken using FRAPS.

2560x1600 4xAA, 16xAF
DirectX 11
Tessellation: On
Advanced Shadows: On

Back