Awesome Carbon Fiber Desk

Carbon fiber = awesome. My sunglasses are made from it, I just might have to get this to match them.

Oh, and, in before desk references.

Ummm, that's pretty....cool....I've always wanted to shave off a couple of pounds from my desk...........

I don't really need my desk make out of Carbon fiber. Although it does look Damn good. The design is more important to me and i "LIKE" that design. I want alot of surface area and that provides it.

How much is this desk? I can't find any pricing information. This would be a cool desk to have but I can't imagine dropping that much coin on it.

Nice desk. It would be nice if they offered a desk with a matx case for the 9300/9400 ITX and dual ssd's. Keep it clean and stylish.

The design is OK, nothing spectacular. But I do like it for being made out of carbon fiber.

How much is this desk? I can't find any pricing information. This would be a cool desk to have but I can't imagine dropping that much coin on it.

I would imagine it is one of those things that if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it.

What is so special about carbon fiber? Sure if you process the high grade super expensive stuff with expensive machinery and molds it comes out super strong and super light. Great for a race car etc...

The carbon fiber crap that makes it to us consumers though might as well be fancy looking fiberglass. Its a lot like a fake hood scoop or dual exhaust on a 4 banger IMO.

Ok, I thought a desk was supposed to be heavy and sturdy... drill holes in the floor and bolt it down so it doesn't move?

What is so special about carbon fiber? Sure if you process the high grade super expensive stuff with expensive machinery and molds it comes out super strong and super light. Great for a race car etc...

The carbon fiber crap that makes it to us consumers though might as well be fancy looking fiberglass. Its a lot like a fake hood scoop or dual exhaust on a 4 banger IMO.

So true. You could make that in your garage with some fiberglass cloth and carbon resson fairly easily. Be a fun project though may give it a shot.

i love it how the 10,000 desk is so popular...... to confirm, the 10,000 dollar desk originated from the forum member who got a custom wooden desk that he spend 10 grand on?

Boy, something like seven or eight years and that $10000 desk joke still has legs :)

i love it how the 10,000 desk is so popular...... to confirm, the 10,000 dollar desk originated from the forum member who got a custom wooden desk that he spend 10 grand on?

Correct! Now for the bonus question: Name the forum member. :)

Probably 10k. :p

10kdeskeverytimebraincells-mr_brett.jpg

I remember when that whole 10k desk thing went down. Was he a [H] forum member and did that thread originate here?

Lantec still gets shit for it over at [M]...
Kudos Steve for giving him one more jab

I have a carbonfiber bicycle, why not a desk?
Hey honey? Honey? You know that down payment for the house?....
:p

Brazilian Cherry > Carbon Fiber

I made this with some left over 3/4 flooring. Weighs a freakin ton, but its not a laptop.

ahh the good old days of the $10k desk...username has changed since then but the memory lives on :D

Brazilian Cherry > Carbon Fiber

I made this with some left over 3/4 flooring. Weighs a freakin ton, but its not a laptop.

completely off topic, but you have any more pictures of your kitchen table? looks like the same damn set I grew up with.

Back