B&M MC i7 Deal (thru 5/21)

yo are you close I am like 45 min away, shows 48, go check for d0's if your close bro !

Went over at lunch, but ran out of time before someone could get back to me...

They were OoS Monday, so I'd think these are all D0's...if I can get back over there today (Wed.) I'll post the 411...

I called 2 Frys stores in Houston and they were nice enough to check for box labels for the S-spec codes.

SLBEJ = D0
SLBCH = C0

I took this http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0302727 web page print out to the store for the pricematch.

The drive and gas is worth it to me knowing I have got the newer cpu that will overclock better.

Thanks for the info. I called my local fry's last night. I asked them about their price matching policy, and then asked them to check their stock for the right s-spec. They did, but said they only had C0's. Oh well, I guess. I will call MC tomorrow to see if they got D0's and see if i could exchange mine for that. If not, into the new build it goes!

Went over at lunch, but ran out of time before someone could get back to me...

They were OoS Monday, so I'd think these are all D0's...if I can get back over there today (Wed.) I'll post the 411...

I went there yesterday no more d0's they had 2 apparently.

new shipment coming thursday if they have d0's I call dibs on them !

I'd call first. MC guys are very helpful, I called MC in Tustin and they said they are still SLBCH (C0s)

EDIT: Turns out to be false. They DO have D0s :D

Lots of D0s or just a few? Did you have to look through a lot of cpus to find a D0?

Anyone else know about this (for the Tustin store)?

Denver guy here, it was C0. I felt weird asking if I could get D0 over C0.

I dun think they know the difference there anyhow

A lot of them do not know the difference but they are more than willing to help you out any way they can.

The last time they had this deal; I went to the denver store and the guy let me go through all 20 or whatever they had in the display. I picked out the ones I wanted.

I felt a little bad asking If I could go through them and told him I was looking for something specific; He didnt have any issues at all.

On a side note; does anyone know how the 3 day rule works? I wont be to Denver till Sunday. I was thinking I could order tomorrow and pick it up on Sunday. Not sure how many they will have left by friday.

I went there yesterday no more d0's they had 2 apparently.

new shipment coming thursday if they have d0's I call dibs on them !

<dials work> *cough*...*cough*...umm, hi boss, not feeling to well today I may have to stay home...<"click">
<grabs car keys and heads for MC>

How much are the D0's going for on the open market? If I had the cash I'd buy a couple and resell.....probably a good thing that I don't.

Anyone want one? Dallas is now back up to 90, going to see if they let me buy more than one.

Too bad I can't afford an entire new build right now. If this store ever goes under, I will cry.

I already picked up one (d0) on Monday. Gonna try to buy another today! If I do I'll resell on [H] for the same price + shipping.

Denver back up to 100+!

Does anyone know how the 3 day deal works? I need to pick up on Sunday; Do I order today or tomorrow? Thanks

Dallas is all C0....I'm standing in store on my iPhone....

Long Island, NY has D0s in stock... thinking of doing an hour drive to get me one

PSA: The MicroCenter Online stock checker is AWFUL!!

I used to work for them and the system is still screwed up. The Cambridge store had a lot of them yesterday so I would either call in (though you will be on hold forever) or stop by the store if I were you guys.

Bought mine yesterday btw, $209.99 after taxes.

Edit: I got a D0 if anyone was curious.

I just picked one up, Marietta GA MC has like 30 of them lol.

I guess its about time to upgrade the Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz now huh?

My local MC is sold out. I ran over to Fry's to see if they'd price match. After some back and forth and saying MC doesn't allow returns whereas Fry's does and how this isn't the same thing, blah, blah, it seemed that the mgr was going to give in and authorize a price match till he picked up the f'n phone and called MC. No stock = No deal:mad:
In the future show them the ad in the bottom left corner showing the low price guarantee. Frys price matches as long as the other person has it in stock and it is the same item. Fry's won't price match if they don't have 1 brand new in a box (a display isn't enough). Showing the fry's ad cuts down on the bs.

You aren't going to get Fry's to price match if Microcenter is out of stock. The only way they will allow it if microcenter is oos is if they never called microcenter, and thus someone at fry's isn't doing their job.

PSA: The MicroCenter Online stock checker is AWFUL!!

I used to work for them and the system is still screwed up. The Cambridge store had a lot of them yesterday so I would either call in (though you will be on hold forever) or stop by the store if I were you guys.

Bought mine yesterday btw, $209.99 after taxes.

Edit: I got a D0 if anyone was curious.

i was there tuesday and not a single d0
called today and they said non i stock as far as d0

so you got a d0 yesterday? did you see more? how many?

Went to lunch a few minutes ago here at the one here in houston and it's all C0. Even stopped by Fry's on the way back and they have all C0, or so they claim.

i was there tuesday and not a single d0
called today and they said non i stock as far as d0

so you got a d0 yesterday? did you see more? how many?

From what I saw they had a few in the glass "cages", then more in the back.

Edit: Can't say for sure though if they were D0, I got mine cause I had it held.

Last edited:
Went to lunch a few minutes ago here at the one here in houston and it's all C0. Even stopped by Fry's on the way back and they have all C0, or so they claim.

that's also what I know about todays batch at HOUSTON MC, been there at lunch

Last edited:
that's also want I know about todays batch at HOUSTON MC, been there at lunch

Yep, just got back from there. they got a shipment in today of 128 but it's all C0 they said. Stopped by Fry's on 59 on the way back and they didn't have any and had them call the one of 45 and they didn't either. So if you are in Houston you are SOL on the D0 stepping.

Which Frys did you stop at, there are 3 in Houston?

They had 18 D0s at Frys SW Freeway / Bellfort on Tuesday and price matched for me with just a copy of MC website.

Yep, just got back from there. they got a shipment in today of 128 but it's all C0 they said. Stopped by Fry's on 59 on the way back and they didn't have any and had them call the one of 45 and they didn't either. So if you are in Houston you are SOL on the D0 stepping.

Guess Houston Fys D0 are all gone now..:(
I guess I'm part to blame, I got one :D:D

Just picked up a DO at the MC on Clybourn in Chicago.

Not sure how many they had left, but they had bothCO and DO on the shelves. The guy at the counter was a little reluctant to allow me to handle the actual boxes. First 2 were CO. When I hit a DO I quit looking and allowed him to walk me to the counter like I was four years old.

I understand that processors are valuable and small, but I feel like I have a propeller hat on and a balloon on a string when the salesman has to walk me to a register.:D

Guess Houston Fys D0 are all gone now..:(
I guess I'm part to blame, I got one :D:D

Then I hate you :)

I was there at 59 Frys Tuesday, I managed to get them PM to MC, but the salesman didn't want me have the D0, ahhh

I went to the one on 59 but had to get back to work. but called the other two and they all claimed no more D0

Then I hate you :)

I was there at 59 Frys Tuesday, I managed to get them PM to MC, but the salesman didn't want me have the D0, ahhh

59 and Bellfort right?

I was there around 9:30am and Steve in the cage said they were all D0's. :confused:

I've got a cpu on hold at MC. I've been told that it's a CO. Checked out local Fry's to see if they had any DO, but they don't. If I pick up the CO at Microcenter and hang onto it (unopened), do you think they'll allow me to swap for DO when they get their next batch in (hopefully including some DO's)?? If so, do you think they'll just do an even swap or will they charge me the difference in sale price I paid and the regular price that'll be back up next week? I know, I know - ask MC. I plan on doing this tomorrow. Just trying to get some feedback so I sleep tonight;)

Thanks

lolz, we're such nerds: um this i7 is a C0 could you return this and get me a D0? dude, you smell like B-O!

They're manufacturing revisions. All CPUs have them; you can usually use something like CPU-z to find out what an installed CPU's revision is, or you can look at the manufacturing code on the chip or on the box (for instance, the D0 revision's manufacturing code is SLBEJ).

Back