b&w speakers - entry level audiophile surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccotenj

Gawd
These are a 5.1 surround setup of the 600 series of B&W speakers B&W speakers. B&W is a longtime, well respected speaker builder.

I am the original owner. These are around 2 months old and are the Black Ash color. I am selling because as a reward to myself for stopping smoking, I'm doing a significant audio system upgrade (picked up my Matrix 802s3's today WOOO!!). These are a very good option if you want to poke your nose into the world of hi-end audio, without spending a lot of cash to do so. They are reasonably efficient speakers, which means that any decent receiver will drive them with no problem (I also have a Yamaha RX-v750 7.1 surround receiver that I am willing to sell if anyone is interested, this receiver is a fine match for the speakers).

I would like to sell these as a set, however, I will consider parting it out for the appropriate offer. I would also prefer to sell them within a 100 mile radius of Philadelphia, because they are HEAVY and will be expensive to ship. I am willing to deliver them to you. They will come in their original boxes and with original manuals.

Pieces are as follows. All pieces are sonically perfect. Condition rating is cosmetic.

s603s3 Mains. Condition 9 out of 10. A couple of slight scratches on the bottoms where they were sitting on the floor.
s600s3 Surrounds. Condition 10 out of 10.
lcr600s3 Center. Condition 6 out of 10. "Bottom" short side has several scratches, due to wife sliding it around to vacuum (speaker is standing vertically on floor in front of tv). Does not affect sound. CENTER HAS BEEN SOLD!
asw600 Sub. Condition 9 out of 10. A couple of slight scratches on bottom.

Price 1700/obo. Don't even think about lowballing. I also have a 5.1 set of k&b signal solutions speaker cables that I would be willing to sell for 175 if you bought the set of speakers.

NOTE: Cables are gone.
NOTE 2: Center Channel has been sold. Price reduced to 1375 for the rest. I am willing to part it out, or I can also help you find a center channel from a different source. Make me an offer on the other individual parts.

Bump and PM if interested. Thanks.

bump for incredible speakers ... i only have 303's and they are most excellent.

If you need a HT at low price BUY those speakers!!!

I'd love to take em off your hands but I doubt I can even afford them, but bump for good taste in speakers

bump for the ups man delivering my odysseys today... :D

my neighbors are NOT gonna be happy... :eek:

B&W's 600 series are a pretty accurate set of entry level audiophile speakers. They're a bit warm for my taste (I like my speakers to be bright) but they don't miss any details. I'd recommend these for anyone who listens to a lot of classical music or old jazz recordings (not big band).

Bump for a beautiful set of speakers. If I didn't have a 8.1 $5500.00 setup myself I'd take them off your hands right now. Someone make this guy an offer on an awesome set of HT speakers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back