Back Again: Auzentech Forte $89.28 less $10 MIR = $79.28 plus S/H

yes I got the same email I tried it but no one never called me I will just have to call them Monday I hope its not to late. They got my area code wrong on my phone # :mad:
My order is only in step 3 I think.

Can you cancel the order, correct your phone number in your account information and reorder?

Might be worth a shot.

Can you cancel the order, correct your phone number in your account information and reorder?

Might be worth a shot.
I will call them frist thing in the morning.I should be safe.If not I will catch it when it go on sale again.If not I will get the asus I guess

just got an email My payment has been process sucessfully :D All I need now is motherboard ddr3 and I7 cpu. I cant get them until the 6th of Sept for my new build;)

Mine just came in from the first posting. It's a nice improvement over my old fatal1ty, it drives my headphones much better.

Mine just came in from the first posting. It's a nice improvement over my old fatal1ty, it drives my headphones much better.

Wondering if you noticed any improvement over the fatal1ty running through you receiver or just on the cans? My home theater setup is in a different room so I have not tried the Forte on it yet. It sure beats my old Audio2 on cans and computer speakers.

Does this deal last all day on the 28th? Or is it over as soon as the calender hits 28? My GF lost the friggin credit card!!!!!! Gotta find it nao!

Just ordered.

Dunno if its really worth the upgrade (I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music). I'm pretty much getting it for the headphone amp.

My god I'm trying so hard to resist :( I'm just telling myself it will be even cheaper when I actually have some spare cash to burn :(

Just ordered.

Dunno if its really worth the upgrade (I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music). I'm pretty much getting it for the headphone amp.

I will be interested to hear your opinion, if you have the time to let us know after you get it.

8 left. Screw me. My gf said she would buy me one of those prepaid CC's to make up for losing the real one. So hopefully they don't sell out by then. With my luck they wouldn't go back on sale for another couple months.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully my order will process okay, it went through, but still says the same number available as it did before I ordered (8, just like Uncle Pauly said).

Hopefully it'll go through with no hassles.

And I really hope it comes with the full height mounting bracket like someone said in an earlier post. If not, it's going to be tough to justify :).

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully my order will process okay, it went through, but still says the same number available as it did before I ordered (8, just like Uncle Pauly said).

Hopefully it'll go through with no hassles.

And I really hope it comes with the full height mounting bracket like someone said in an earlier post. If not, it's going to be tough to justify :).

Their Canadian site seems to update the remaining stock faster than the US site for some reason but it is generally a bit behind too.

Definitely comes with both brackets. Full size bracket should already be on it.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_forte.php

"Rear Panel Brackets

The X-Fi™ Forte includes two rear panel brackets, a Standard bracket and a Low Profile bracket. Use the appropriate bracket for your PC."

is this card better then an SB X-fi fatality pro 64mb?

The big feature seems to be the headphone amp. Otherwise its hard to say, its the same chip with X-RAM, some better circuitry/components, and it uses pretty much the same drivers.

Their Canadian site seems to update the remaining stock faster than the US site for some reason.

Definitely comes with both brackets. Full size bracket should already be on it.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_forte.php

"Rear Panel Brackets

The X-Fi™ Forte includes two rear panel brackets, a Standard bracket and a Low Profile bracket. Use the appropriate bracket for your PC."

Thanks, I just saw that on their site :).

I was also double checking locations of the HD connections for the front panel jacks as well.

Thanks, I just saw that on their site :).

I was also double checking locations of the HD connections for the front panel jacks as well.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1117/dsc001879991007lx0.jpg might be of interest to you as far as the HDaudio connection goes. In my Rampage Formula the HDaudio connector clears the memory modules by about half of an inch.

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/images/Auzentech-X-Fi-Forte-7.1/Large/pins.jpg shows the pins on the Forte quite well.

Also:

http://www.hartware.net/media/reviews/904/8_pins.JPG

Purple (digital)and orange (analog) are for the X-Fi Titanium I/O Drive

Red is for digital in perhaps onboard or a DVD player (blu-ray?)

Yellow is for the front the HDaudio connection pins.

Pics are from:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/member-reviews/14601-auzentech-x-fi-forte-7-1-review.html
http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/audio-cards/auzentech-x-fi-forte-71/1
http://translate.google.com/transla...t/review_904.html&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=

Last edited:
7 left as of 07/27/2009 at 3:07 PM Pacific Time.
Probably will sell out today. I believe last time someone said they tried to order when it said one left but no luck. If you snooze you lose.

Last edited:
6 left as of 07/27/2009 at 3:30 PM Pacific Time.

IMHO this a sweet deal for a sweet sounding soundcard.

WTF why does it say 5 left but none in stock? what does that mean? I finally got my pre-paid card and now I can't order it. I'm so pissed at my dingbat girlfriend. She loses credit cards almost every other day. :mad:

OK I just did their realtime stock check and it said that the forte was 99.99 with a 10 usd rebate but then I clicked to checkout and it came out as the original deal. 89.99 with a 10 usd rebate. So maybe my girlfriend lucked out. Lol sorry bout all the complaining but I sold my old card and onboard sound just irks me for some reason.

Wondering if you noticed any improvement over the fatal1ty running through you receiver or just on the cans? My home theater setup is in a different room so I have not tried the Forte on it yet. It sure beats my old Audio2 on cans and computer speakers.

It's through the back jack, haven't tried it through my receiver yet. The bass is much better, anything else I can't decide.

OK I just did their realtime stock check and it said that the forte was 99.99 with a 10 usd rebate but then I clicked to checkout and it came out as the original deal. 89.99 with a 10 usd rebate. So maybe my girlfriend lucked out. Lol sorry bout all the complaining but I sold my old card and onboard sound just irks me for some reason.

I can see why you are frustrated but if it does not work there is always a next time somewhere. Many times I have ended up being a day late and a dollar short. I do not know if it makes any difference but it appears that NCIX is trying to do inventory for 2 websites, US and Canadian, several brick and mortars, and a couple of warehouses all at once. Last time others reported that when it came to the end they experienced difficulties regarding remaining stock too. Even at newegg I have put sale items in my cart, entered my credit card info 2 seconds later and then found out I was too late.

It's through the back jack, haven't tried it through my receiver yet. The bass is much better, anything else I can't decide.

The only reason I know there is a difference between the front and rear headphone jacks is because I read it somewhere. I do not think my ears can tell the difference but since I read there is a difference there probably is. I am happy with the Forte over the Audigy2 but probably will buy some mid quality cans ($150 to $200) next month. Don't know if my non audiophile ears will be able to hear the difference.

Fatal1ty to Forte might be similar to my Forte OPAMP upgrade. Trying to figure out the difference to my ears without doing some kind of AB testing is difficult at best. I have read that OPAMPs benefit from burn in, if so would mid to high end soundcards "improve" down the road? Whether burn in is true or not I don't know if my ears will notice. I am not going to attempt AB testing.

Last edited:
The only reason I know there is a difference between the front and rear headphone jacks is because I read it somewhere. I do not think my ears can tell the difference but since I read there is a difference there probably is. I am happy with the Forte over the Audigy2 but probably will buy some mid quality cans ($150 to $200) next month. Don't know if my non audiophile ears will be able to hear the difference.

Fatal1ty to Forte might be similar to my Forte OPAMP upgrade. Trying to figure out the difference to my ears without doing some kind of AB testing is difficult at best. I have read that OPAMPs benefit from burn in, if so would mid to high end soundcards "improve" down the road? Whether burn in is true or not I don't know if my ears will notice. I am not going to attempt AB testing.

I heard the difference between the front and rear jacks can be attributed to the wire gauge. I didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe slightly muted clarity, but the bass was as strong (could be in my head). My case has some thick front audio wires, so that might be why.

I heard the difference between the front and rear jacks can be attributed to the wire gauge. I didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe slightly muted clarity, but the bass was as strong (could be in my head). My case has some thick front audio wires, so that might be why.

The pic http://www.auzentech.com/site/images/xfiforte/headphoneampcircuitry.gif found at http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_forte.php shows the front headphone jack is more of a line out jack. The rear jack output uses additional OPAMPS. When I first looked at the pic I thought it showed that the front jack did not use the headphone amp but Auzentech emailed me "The advantage of the Amp for Headphone is applicable to both rear and front headphone jack.".

Way beyond my limited knowledge the but rear jack definitely benefits from additional components over the front according to that pic.

Also from that same auzentech page, definitely gets a bit confusing to me. I read it as the front versus the rear headphone jacks.
"You can see the difference of having the Headphone output jack and Line out (FRONT) output with the Headphone.

* In the Low Frequency chart, compare Line output (Left) and Headphone output (Right). With Headphone amplifier Output, the output is the original square wave. With line output, the lack of damping means that the amplifier cannot restrain Headphone unit vibration, creating resonance.
* In the High Frequency chart, compare the Line Output (Left) and Headphone Output (Right). With Line Output, notice the development of “overshoot” and severe distortion due to the lack of the wave’s “driving speed.”

Headphone Amp Frequency Range OutputYou can see from this graph that when connecting the Headphone amplifier, the output is stable output in all frequency ranges. When connecting the headphone to the line output as do standard soundcards, however, the output is unstable due to the headphone impedance curve."

I have read (I don't know for certain) that the X-Fi Titanium I/O Drive adds an additional front headphone amp but I cannot justify the additional cost for my needs.

Last edited:
I have read (I don't know for certain) that the X-Fi Titanium I/O Drive adds an additional front headphone amp but I cannot justify the additional cost for my needs.

As you know, the Forte drives speakers and headphones really well but if you were to move to another card for driving headphones I would get the Xonar STX without question. Much better audio quality than a comparable Creative setup with an X-Fi and Titanium I/O drive at comparable cost, and by far one of the (if not THE) best cards for the best headphone/2.0/2.1 experience.

As you know, the Forte drives speakers and headphones really well but if you were to move to another card for driving headphones I would get the Xonar STX without question. Much better audio quality than a comparable Creative setup with an X-Fi and Titanium I/O drive at comparable cost, and by far one of the (if not THE) best cards for the best headphone/2.0/2.1 experience.

I do not think that I need to add the optional X-Fi Titanium I/O Drive to my Forte, I would not actually use it other than maybe 15 minutes of play time.
If I had audiophile ears then I would probably end up buying a dedicated headphone amp. Perhaps http://www.headphone.com/products/headphone-amps/headphone-amp-list/headroom-micro-amp.php or http://www.audiophileproducts.com/bigjoe

I wanted 5.1 analog so the Xonar STX was not on my list. My ears are very happy with the Forte so I am stopping where I am at except for possibly buying a set of Grado SR225i cans, which probably are far better than my ears need.

Last edited:
http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php#xfiforte

Driver release Information:

The X-Fi Forte driver supports the following operating systems:

* Microsoft Windows® 7
32-bit and 64-bit
* Microsoft Windows® Vista
32-bit and 64-bit
* Microsoft Windows® XP
32-bit and 64-bit

For a full list, see Minimum System Requirements under the Features Tab of the X-Fi Forte product page.

Release information:

* Driver Name: Forte Driver version 1.1
* File Name: Forte_1-1.zip
* Download Size: 212 Mb Zipped file
* Release Date: 07/28/2009

download

Changes in this Driver

* Automode Switcher settings/app list are restored upon reboot.

Instructions

1. If you have previously installed the driver,
first uninstall the driver and DDL/DTS pack and reboot your PC
2. Download and unzip the new driver.
3. Browse to the new driver folder > Audio folder > Setup folder.
4. Double-click "setup.exe."
5. Reboot your PC after completing the installation.

* Notes:

* DTS™ Connect available in WIndows® Vista and Windows® 7 only.
* You need to uninstall any previously installed X-Fi Forte drivers before installing. See step 1 of the instructions.

Changelog Carried Forward from Previous Drivers... [Hide]

Driver Beta 1

* Supports Windows 7 (as well as XP and Vista )
* Speakers are muted automatically when headphone is connected to Fornt Panel jack.
* Speakers are muted and sound is routed through the Rear and Front headphone jack when output mode is manually configured to "Headphone."
* Improved the MIC Boost feature to avoid the noise and interference.

still waiting for mine to ship. Onboard is pissing in my cheerios atm.

Sounds like you must have made it in at the last minute after all. I checked the "real time" stock a few times too. Looked to me that towards the end they ran out in their warehouse and took inventory from their BMs.

Back