Backup Programs, a Samsung S2, and Windows Vista,,,

DariustheSandman

Weaksauce
Well, I just can't seem to get what I want going out of this Samsung S2 I got. It's a cute little 640 GB USB hard drive, and I'm trying to do a 150ish GB full system backup with it. I tried the software that came with it....for some reason it can't copy windows system files. I tried the backup software that came with Vista...it keeps giving me a 0x8078002a error every time I run it.

Now from what I've been able to tell...the error has something to do with the windows imaging services not working properly...at least I think that's what it is. If I get a third party deal, like say Acronis, am I going to have the same problem or do they use a different way to image?

Anyway, if anyone has any advice, or ideas how to fix this, one way or another, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.

What's your goal as far as file output is concerned? Are you looking for a single disk image or are you just looking to back up all individual files into their corresponding directories?

There are backup options that don't necessarily rely on Volume Shadow Copy, but whether or not you can use them depends on how you're looking to do the backup.

What's your goal as far as file output is concerned? Are you looking for a single disk image or are you just looking to back up all individual files into their corresponding directories?

There are backup options that don't necessarily rely on Volume Shadow Copy, but whether or not you can use them depends on how you're looking to do the backup.

Sorry if that's unclear, I would like to do an image of the full drive, which is about 150 gig.

i have using todo backup free tool for over two years on my vista. it never disappoint me. it has a user-friendly interface, as a layman, i can use it without problem.

Back