Bad Axe 2 and fail overclocks

Wall7486

n00b
I have question because I read a while back that the Bad Axe 1 had a little annoying thing where you have to clear the CMOS everytime an OC goes bad. Have this issue been solved yet in later revisions on the Bad Axe 1 and especially in the Bad Axe 2, because I am looking forward to getting one.

It's the same. I just got my board but haven't tried any o/c yet. I'm really happy with it so far.

I've been overclocking the bad axe 1 since summer and have never had to reset cmos, in spite of some over the edge overclocks. Plus, it has no cmos reset jumper. The only way to do it is take out the battery. Are you guys talking about the bios jumper for the maintenance menu? Have had to do that a few times.

I've been overclocking the bad axe 1 since summer and have never had to reset cmos, in spite of some over the edge overclocks. Plus, it has no cmos reset jumper. The only way to do it is take out the battery. Are you guys talking about the bios jumper for the maintenance menu? Have had to do that a few times.

Fluke could you be a bit more clear, I never used a bad axe so im not sure how it goes. So when you have a fail overclock the Bad Axe still boots to the BIOS?

Fluke could you be a bit more clear, I never used a bad axe so im not sure how it goes. So when you have a fail overclock the Bad Axe still boots to the BIOS?

Instead of a "reset" jumper, the BX2 has one for "Bios maintenance mode", and "recovery"

Maintenance mode, is like a safe mode for the BIOS. It basically boots from a second copy of the BIOS using default settings, but displays your main BIOS for editing. If you failed an OC, you would boot into this mode, move your settings back a bit, then switch the jumper back and boot again.

Its better than a CMOS clear, in that you don't lose all of your other settings (except memory if you are not running defaults), but not as good as a "safe recovery" bios, because you have to dicker around with the jumper.

Recovery Mode simply lets you restore both BIOS images from a floppy in case of a bad flash.

Back