Bad Company 2

It never ceases to amaze me when people play an online game and complain about how other people play. IMO, if they aren't hacking, deal with it :p

+1. You know what, I can't stand Carl whores playing like a soldier from tf2, rocketing me from 5 feet away with no damage, but they aren't hacking, it's a "legal" part of the game, so I'll deal with it, and enjoy the game.

As a recon hiding in a grass when I place a mortar on distant target I SO HATE when mortar aims to the grass where I sit instead. EPIC FAIL :) when i kill myself with my own mortar.

Tangent alert.

@kpedge. Lol @ sig - "Baby is here- my upgrading days are over"

No, just keep it quiet. Changing components is easy with a separate bank account and time to yourself when the baby is asleep and the wife is out with the girls. I've swapped out PSU, HDD & GFX card without been caught out. It's a relationship of trust ;)

+1. You know what, I can't stand Carl whores playing like a soldier from tf2, rocketing me from 5 feet away with no damage, but they aren't hacking, it's a "legal" part of the game, so I'll deal with it, and enjoy the game.

Sometimes you get surprised when you've got the CG out. I never intend to hit anyone with a rocket from close distance(as in, I don't run through buildings with the CG out expecting to encounter an enemy), especially because it can just as easily result in my own death. The problem is if I pull the CG out to shoot a helicopter and you come around the corner, what do you expect me to do? Die?

Tangent alert.

@kpedge. Lol @ sig - "Baby is here- my upgrading days are over"

No, just keep it quiet. Changing components is easy with a separate bank account and time to yourself when the baby is asleep and the wife is out with the girls. I've swapped out PSU, HDD & GFX card without been caught out. It's a relationship of trust ;)

LOL- you don't know how many times I've had a 5870 in my cart at Newegg and just exited out before I pulled the trigger. Maybe next month, after my monthly donation to her college fund... :)

Sometimes you get surprised when you've got the CG out. I never intend to hit anyone with a rocket from close distance(as in, I don't run through buildings with the CG out expecting to encounter an enemy), especially because it can just as easily result in my own death. The problem is if I pull the CG out to shoot a helicopter and you come around the corner, what do you expect me to do? Die?

I'll give you that point, but I have seen guys ambushing around the corner from 5 feet away and "Surprise, BOOM!" (with little aim required) But it goes back to the original point, if it's not hacking, it's part of the game, and when it happens I grunt out an "ugh", carry on, and enjoy the game as it currently plays.

snipers that go negitive should just switch class. I do as well. If your sucking SWITCH CLASS FFS.

How are they supposed to learn to snipe if they never do it? :p

Though that said I'd be happy if there were no snipers in the game, or sniping was nerfed. 2 snipers I think is probably what an attacking team of 16 needs (one in every 2nd squad), none of this 5+ snipers on a team of attackers crap.

So a lot of people complaining about snipers...

What's wrong with sniping in the game? It's the most fun sniping experience I've had in a long time. Got 34 kills the other day with the GOL (a few with pistol).

Would be kind of fun if there were some servers with air and humidity taken into the equation for sniping. :D

Also,
Definite nooby question...You can't shoot through the walls...?

Theres nothing inherently wrong with sniping in this game. However IMO ever since DICE nerfed the bolt action rifles severely (50 dmg instead of 75, and the M95 won't one shot anyone if they have ceramic armor even on a headshot) sniping is much harder (on normal servers). The Recon class itself can be very useful its just that now it seems the class is better suited to either the semi-automatic sniper rifles or some of the all-kit weapons.

As a recon hiding in a grass when I place a mortar on distant target I SO HATE when mortar aims to the grass where I sit instead. EPIC FAIL :) when i kill myself with my own mortar.

This happened to me for the first time last night. I was furious when I mortared myself and then was told it was epic fail on MY part. BS! Stupid twig from a bush caused my mortar to not register properly.

Maybe they should show the distance somewhere so that you know you're aiming 1m away?

Maybe they should show the distance somewhere so that you know you're aiming 1m away?

I don't know, I think just having it tell you "target too close" or something would be better, that way you don't turn the goggles into range finders as well.

Yea it's pretty goofy... I learned that as long as the little white dot is on your target you're generally fine. But yea I've mortared myself once or twice...

Yea it's pretty goofy... I learned that as long as the little white dot is on your target you're generally fine. But yea I've mortared myself once or twice...

and typically, if your dot is actually on an enemy...it becomes a lil red dot.

Well I have unlocked most stuff and have some questions about the last weapons on the medic. Everyone likes or I guess they like the m60.
yes its a low shot count to kill someone but I find it uncontrollable. same as the other weapon you get after it. What is the best medic weapon?
on the rocket launchers for the engineer rpg is not much on soldiers, the next one is great but the one with guided I find is really a pain since you have to stand still for it and usually end up dead am I wrong?

Burst fire with the m60 and your accuracy should improve. Paired up with the red dot and magnum ammo, its definitely still really strong. I personally like the XM8, Type 88, and MG3.

Most people skip over the rpg entirely once they unlock the carl gustav. The guided rocket is okay but it's too much work when you could use a tracer dart to lock on from cover with the rpg/cg.

you can unzoom the guided rpg and it will fly straight. generally not useful IMO especially with the faster tracer darts. in general all weapons are designed for burst mode firing. only difference is that some do it automatically, others require you to do it. if you don't do it what happens is that you have a couple of fairly accurate shots and then everything afterwards is just a random spray all over the place.

I don't know, I think just having it tell you "target too close" or something would be better, that way you don't turn the goggles into range finders as well.

I wouldn't mind being able to use them as range finders ;) But I dont think it should have "target too close" occassionally I do actually want to bring a mortar down on top of myself.

Generally doesn't contribute to teamplay, especially if you're on the offensive or you're not laying down motion mines. Snipers are the most solo class around, and squarely responsible for losing games.

Now, Recon with shotguns on the other hand..

Assualt Recon = fun!

Although I tend to go VSS with Red Dot/ACOG. I haven't even used shotguns yet but I'm going to start.

That said, when I unlocked every other class, my Recon was still at 12,000 points or so. It took some time to get to VSS :p Regular sniping isn't all too fun for me. I like being closer in.

2 questions.
1)If an enemy lands a tracer dart on your tank can you do anything to take it off?
2) If you hear an enemy motion mine beeping can you destroy it?

2 questions.
1)If an enemy lands a tracer dart on your tank can you do anything to take it off?

1) Smoke
2) I don't think you can. But you can simply not move and wait for the beep to go away.

2 questions.

1.) smoke, don't tell anyone else :p
2.) I just stop moving and people wind up coming to me and I shoot them. Don't think you can destroy them

1.) smoke, don't tell anyone else :p
2.) I just stop moving and people wind up coming to me and I shoot them. Don't think you can destroy them

You know, I just thought about it. Can choppers smoke away a tracer dart too? I haven't seen a pilot do this yet. I can't fly, so never tried it myself. But I know the UAV can smoke.

You know, I just thought about it. Can choppers smoke away a tracer dart too? I haven't seen a pilot do this yet. I can't fly, so never tried it myself. But I know the UAV can smoke.

You're talking about the vehicle smoke upgrade? I've never seen that, a heli popping smoke mid-flight...I might just have to go try it.

Edit: Didn't work in the Apache.

I have to share this- just exited a quick mid-day round about 2 minutes ago, and playing rush defense I jetskied to one of the remote islands on (Isla Inocentes?), knifed a sniper, took his GOL, and sniped a heli pilot hovering in a blackhawk, bringing the whole chopper down.

Best d_mn gaming moment of my decade. I **promise** this actually happened. The adrenaline rush is making me want to run through a wall.

(it was mostly luck, my k/d ratio is .67)

I have to share this- just exited a quick mid-day round about 2 minutes ago, and playing rush defense I jetskied to one of the remote islands on (Isla Inocentes?), knifed a sniper, took his GOL, and sniped a heli pilot hovering in a blackhawk, bringing the whole chopper down.

Best d_mn gaming moment of my decade. I **promise** this actually happened. The adrenaline rush is making me want to run through a wall.

(it was mostly luck, my k/d ratio is .67)

ha nice! i find this game FULL of "laugh-out-loud-did-that-just-happen?" moments. it's fun even when you're the victim of those awesome moments. last night i was defending on Nelson Bay (night map). i look down and see the glowing red strobe of a tracer dart that has been planted on me. i laugh a little at the thought of me running around a night map with a beacon on me saying "i'm right here...go ahead and kill me." just as i look up i see a rocket mid-air, coming right at me. i panic, turn around and start running. BAM, rocket to the back. i couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited:
noob question... @motion mines and scope spotting unlocked... when someone on my team tosses them or spots someone....i hear "enemy infantry spotted" but how do i check to see where they are? i hit m for map but dont see any distinct markings or anything. i recently unlocked spotting but really i dunno how to use it.... just like how i dunno how (what keys) to fly a plane =[

Best d_mn gaming moment of my decade.

BC2 seems to have a lot of these awesome moments. I havent played much yet, still learning the basics. On the desert map with the boats, one of my first times in a tank, an enemy heli was coming towards me at an angle. I wonder if I can...maybe...aim slightly ahead...the shell sails through the air as the heli zooms oblivious towards it and bam, nailed the heli with a tank round and down it goes. Classic.

I've also been guilty of running around like a TF2 soldier. Not many other options when you start off. Lets see, I can be a medic without a damn med pack. No thanks. Or a sniper with a crappy bolt-action that takes multiple shots to kill. OR I can have a rocket launcher...I'm sold. ;)

Something seems kind of fishy with those stats. The guy is lethal with EVERY gun in the game, getting platinum with ALL of the assault/engineer/medic guns. ALL of them.

But if he's so good how did 2 different guys get his dogtags 255 times? One of the two has 110,000+ dogtags, and the other has 43,000+ dogtags.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Dubzter/nemesis_dogtags

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ANNABIEN/dogtags 110,000+????!!!!!!

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ZeitNeits/dogtags 43.000??!!!!!!!!!

Come on; really?! This guy is a fucking stat padder or a fucking hacker or possibly both.

don't know if this was ever addressed, but the 255 dogtag thing is a glitch issue with the bfbcs page.

noob question... @motion mines and scope spotting unlocked... when someone on my team tosses them or spots someone....i hear "enemy infantry spotted" but how do i check to see where they are? i hit m for map but dont see any distinct markings or anything. i recently unlocked spotting but really i dunno how to use it.... just like how i dunno how (what keys) to fly a plane =[

You should be able to see the enemy on the minimap. If you have no minimap, time to filter out hardcore servers.

You should be able to see the enemy on the minimap. If you have no minimap, time to filter out hardcore servers.

I still don't get why people like hardcore, unless they're camping little pricks... The lack of spotting is the biggest issue. I spot constantly in regular and I think that saves our team a lot of the time from getting flanked. That and you just die so fast, usually to someone hiding in some obscure place and without spotting they'll never get dug out. Laguna Presa especially is where this pissed me off.

The complaint I here most is that guns don't kill fast enough in normal... that's because you're missing your shots, and it also means you live longer too.

boo. i only play on hc servers. i thought the spotting worked even before unlocking the recon spotter in normal and that spotting is generally disabled in hc but figured since its an unlock..does it not make sense that even tho its disabled for everyone else, after unlocking in hc, it can be used?

does that mean in hc servers, the spotting addon and motion mines....are essentially useless? (other than grabbing a few measly points)

edit: ninja'd post @blazestorm i wouldnt say only "camping pricks" play hc... personally i find it naive and offensive youd say that. there are plenty of reasons why i prefer hc over normal and a big part of it is the more reasonable damage with all weapons on people who dont stand and heal. the challenge there (to stay alive) makes it more fun to find that dead medic kit.

i personally suck ass at recon so i mainly play engineer and medic but why i asked in the first place was because i hear snipers yell out enemy spotted but it seems its only in vain.

Last edited:
motion mines still beep when a enemy is near them. but it works both ways. I kill alot of snipers when i am alone and i hear the beep beep of the motion mines which leads me to do a search of the area till i find a place to put my knife in his back.

:D

Was playing on the Isles level I planted on A 6 times in a row. My team was on the moutain playing TDM. :rolleyes: six time I planted and six times it was disarmed in seconds because no one would cover. Needless to say we lost that round

Game needs to be somewhere b/w HC and regular in terms of damage. For pubs, 3D spotting needs to be on but kill cam I can do without. Balance. Never going to happen but yeah. Wouldn't it be nice?

Was playing on the Isles level I planted on A 6 times in a row. My team was on the moutain playing TDM. :rolleyes: six time I planted and six times it was disarmed in seconds because no one would cover. Needless to say we lost that round

I stopped playing Rush and started playing Conquest because of stuff like that, although I avoided playing Isla Inocentes long before I quit playing Rush.

Nice one man. Gotta love pulling the 'perfect' moves; ones that no one can do better. This game is full of them too.

I've seen a trail from a sniper's bullet from somewhere deep in the brush, pulled out the 40mm (hardcore so no crosshairs) took a WAG (wild ass guess) and landed the round right on his head. That or see an enemy sticking out from behind cover, fire off a gustav round and see four kills rack up because his whole squad was there with him.

I stopped playing Rush and started playing Conquest because of stuff like that, although I avoided playing Isla Inocentes long before I quit playing Rush.

I can't stand playing Conquest and only play rush with Isla being the map I do best on. I have 48 ace pins and at least 15 of them are from Defending on Isla. 99% of the time as engineer by destroying vehicles, clearing the enemy off the island and dusting the occassional sniper. I love defending on that one and Arica Harbor the most.

I love it when they hide behind barriers... I shoot at random ones for fun and kill people half the time.

I got called a hacker because I saw some guys gun sticking out the side of a barrier, so I shot a gustav and killed his entire squad... they must have already been hurt or something but it was hilarious.

Don't know if it is PB streaming or net code but the lag is sometimes insane. Just seems to happen randomly though. Not just me.

Back