Bad Company 2

I've seen a lot of guys running with that thing now...When I used it just to get silver with it it left a bad taste in my mouth.

all i gotta say is....RAHHHHHHHHH

do we really need 6 snipers on a team of 16? even when we are attacking in rush...How the hell am i supposed to revive all of you when your spread across the map.

do we really need 6 snipers on a team of 16? even when we are attacking in rush...How the hell am i supposed to revive all of you when your spread across the map.

Welcome to BC2.

That's actually not too bad. I've been on servers with 13 snipers on the attacking team. Guess which team won?

Welcome to BC2.

That's actually not too bad. I've been on servers with 13 snipers on the attacking team. Guess which team won?

yeah its ridiculous...i didnt wanna pick up MOH, but after the open beta.. i may have found my new online game.. im going the boycott the new "COD" game. mainly cuz i feel scorned by MW2. but thats a personal thing lol :)

Attack and defend by any means possible. That is how the game is meant to be played. Even the game says so...destroy MCOM's by any means.

We all have access to the same weapons it IS a level playing field. I just don't get why so many complain about the weapons available. I think the problem is that they don't adapt and get pwned that is the gripe here.

It may be a level playing field but with just one or two clear cut superior weapons, especially when it's EXTREMELY EASY to use those weapons, is it a playing field you even want to bother playing on anymore?

Why use any other weapon other than the gustav or m60? Why bother even having any other guns in the game? "Adapting" shouldn't be defined as "That weapon is bullshit, so I am going to use it now!" ANYONE can do that. It's not like you're more skilled because you decided to pick up a Gustav (for example) when other people don't want to use it. People don't want to play with the Gustav not because they aren't good enough to use it, not because they don't understand it's effective, but because it's takes ZERO skill to use and is way TOO effective to the point of ridiculousness. A game where 10 people on each side are just spamming gustavs isn't fun or skilled in the least.

This particular game becomes vastly more interesting when you throw in weapon restrictions, which as it turns out, encourage more versatility in weaponry choices. Take away the stupidly OP gun that 10/10 people were using, and all of a sudden you have those 10 people using a variety of weapons.

Example:
10/10 medics may have been using the m60... restrict that weapon and now you have 4/10 using the MG36, 3/10 using a PKM, 2/10 using a shotgun, and 1/10 using an XM8. Now the game isn't so boring.

I wouldn't mind it happening every once in a while but even if I get really lucky and connect to a decent server with a good connection I still find myself getting knifed by people my own failed on seconds before. No objection to dying because I'm the worse player, but getting killed because the game was busy staring at its navel for a moment is pants.

Fan of the Garand now. Used to think it was crap but took it to gold in two maps. Feels like a slug shotgun with the benefit of a higher rate of fire and larger capacity.

Got 8 stars on the garand before moving back to assault rifles. The hit reg on the single shot rifles (m14/garand) seems especially bad, even with the aim boost. I can sit there taking my sweet time shooting 1 shot at a time pointed right at the guys center mass, only to have it miss 6 shots in a row as he finally finds me and 2 shots me. When the rifles do hit though they are nice, and it's hard for the enemies to find you.

The hit reg on the single shot rifles (m14/garand) seems especially bad, even with the aim boost. I can sit there taking my sweet time shooting 1 shot at a time pointed right at the guys center mass, only to have it miss 6 shots in a row as he finally finds me and 2 shots me. When the rifles do hit though they are nice, and it's hard for the enemies to find you.
When this happens to me, it's usually because the enemy is both far away and moving. I'm sure you've noticed the bullet drop and the (very slight) delay for a shot to hit someone. That sound about right in your case, or was it more drastic and "off" than that?

When this happens to me, it's usually because the enemy is both far away and moving. I'm sure you've noticed the bullet drop and the (very slight) delay for a shot to hit someone. That sound about right in your case, or was it more drastic and "off" than that?

Yes I'm aware of the bullet drop and compensate for that. The enemies are standing still as well. In fact it seem easier to hit a moving target in this game. Thats why its so frustrating, these shots SHOULD be hitting the target but aren't. If I get my ass kicked and know that I wasn't even close to hitting the guy, I'm not going to blame the game. But when i shoot directly at him, not moving, and nothing hits, something is wrong. Plus I'm not the only one complaining about it either.

For Reference: http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/h4xonm4x

I played against you last night Biznatch - don't remember the server but I remember seeing h4xonm4x. You seem to be a big recon/assault player based on your stats. Maybe I'll see you around another night.

I also ran into a guy that was only using the Gustav and was bragging he had 7000+ kills with it. Man that got the server talking.

Got 8 stars on the garand before moving back to assault rifles. The hit reg on the single shot rifles (m14/garand) seems especially bad, even with the aim boost. I can sit there taking my sweet time shooting 1 shot at a time pointed right at the guys center mass, only to have it miss 6 shots in a row as he finally finds me and 2 shots me. When the rifles do hit though they are nice, and it's hard for the enemies to find you.

I only find that with the M14, which I still despise. The Garand seems ok now - it was torturous to get it to bronze and I dropped it when it didn't even register. Since they updated it seems better now.

Yes I'm aware of the bullet drop and compensate for that. The enemies are standing still as well. In fact it seem easier to hit a moving target in this game. Thats why its so frustrating, these shots SHOULD be hitting the target but aren't. If I get my ass kicked and know that I wasn't even close to hitting the guy, I'm not going to blame the game. But when i shoot directly at him, not moving, and nothing hits, something is wrong. Plus I'm not the only one complaining about it either.

For Reference: http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/h4xonm4x

Same issue with the M14. Can't hit shit with that one unless someone is right in front of me.

I played against you last night Biznatch - don't remember the server but I remember seeing h4xonm4x. You seem to be a big recon/assault player based on your stats. Maybe I'll see you around another night.

I also ran into a guy that was only using the Gustav and was bragging he had 7000+ kills with it. Man that got the server talking.

Haven't played recon in a while, mainly assault. I like being in the action. Engies are just a pussy class to me, and medics are so overpowered with the LMG spraying, so I just refuse to play either of them.

7000 kills with a gustav? He should pat himself on the back for being the biggest bitch in the entire game. And a retard, unless he's lvl 50 why would you use a weapon past plat?

Since 50 I pretty much only played engineer with the shotgun and an explosive. Any class can use the shotgun and the explosives have so many uses I just love getting tank mine kills. I get so many on Laguna Presa on that waterway off the to the side of the A mcom at the start it is rediculous.

all i gotta say is....RAHHHHHHHHH

That's when you up and leave the server. :)

Why? Killing someone with a Gustav is just like killing someone with a tank. So why is it any different? Because you have more mobility? I swear you people will always find something to bitch about in every FPS game, be it AWP noobs in Counterstrike or Gustav noobs in BC2. You people that constantly whine about other peoples actions are the real bitches. Let people play how there gonna play, if you can't adapt well then thats your own fault.

Well between the crappy hitboxes, the rubber knife, and the terrible netcode, I think it's time to stop playing. Made it to rank 45, but this game just ends up pissing me off every time. Every time I go play it's just bullshit deaths over and over. Constantly putting 6-8 burst assault rifle shots into a guy only to have him 2 shot me with the mp-443. Or missing 2 knifes against an enemy who hasnt moved, only to suddenly have his knife suddenly kill me while I'm facing his back. There are very few times where I die from being a dumbass or someone getting the jump on me. So I dont really see the point, it just isnt fun anymore.

Damn, you read mind. These are my thoughts, exactly. I made it to level 40 but have had enough. I'm glad I just picked up my MoH preorder. :D

Why? Killing someone with a Gustav is just like killing someone with a tank. So why is it any different? Because you have more mobility? I swear you people will always find something to bitch about in every FPS game, be it AWP noobs in Counterstrike or Gustav noobs in BC2. You people that constantly whine about other peoples actions are the real bitches. Let people play how there gonna play, if you can't adapt well then thats your own fault.

This is a disabled non-argument. People aren't objecing to one playstyle over another in the case of the CG, they're objecting to the overuse of a one-hit no-challenge weapon which is powerful enough to be of real detriment to the quality of gameplay.

CG = fine. Going CG as main weapon with leg pouch and explosive perk round after round with half of your team doing the same = dickhead.

This is a disabled non-argument. People aren't objecing to one playstyle over another in the case of the CG, they're objecting to the overuse of a one-hit no-challenge weapon which is powerful enough to be of real detriment to the quality of gameplay.

CG = fine. Going CG as main weapon with leg pouch and explosive perk round after round with half of your team doing the same = dickhead.

oh for sure. Man this weekend was carl gustav weekend (isn't every weekend now?). I played on one server where just about the entire opposing team was using (as one of their players called it) the "Carl Noobstav".

Just about every death that round was attributed to it. I came across an engy, tried knifing him twice while we was scoped in on his cg. He never unscoped to kill me, even as I pulled out my gun to shoot him to death. Of course, that's when he point blank CG'ed me. Guess who died and who lived?

Anyway, next round me and my friends pulled out iCarly and proceeded to whip their asses with it. Turnabout is fair play.

(cool story bro...I know)

This is probably the best explanation for this I have seen....thank you sir, for your fine contribution to digital living.

Well those people camping with the only tank available on the map are pussies to, but hopefully my team has enough noobs with CG to overcome their noobs repairing. Just because something is part of the game, doesn't mean it takes any skill. At least in CS the AWP had to hit the guy and didn't have infinite ammo. But a rocket launcher that has no negatives to speed, and potentially infinite ammo that can 1 shot you from 10' away..... That's just pathetic. You want to run around with the CG and get a platinum noob star? Go ahead, just remember RPGs are for pussies with no skill. Period (unless used only against vehicles).

I found that my first pin to be recieved over 1000x was the Shotgun Efficiency pin lol....niiiiiiiice.

Well those people camping with the only tank available on the map are pussies to, but hopefully my team has enough noobs with CG to overcome their noobs repairing. Just because something is part of the game, doesn't mean it takes any skill. At least in CS the AWP had to hit the guy and didn't have infinite ammo. But a rocket launcher that has no negatives to speed, and potentially infinite ammo that can 1 shot you from 10' away..... That's just pathetic. You want to run around with the CG and get a platinum noob star? Go ahead, just remember RPGs are for pussies with no skill. Period (unless used only against vehicles).

That's BS man. Let's be real here. The CG is available. You want to voluntarily use another weapon be my guest. I'll be over here, shooting you with a CG.

LOL

I do tire of the abuse of the CG, however.... let's face it, submachine guns lack range.

If you are an Engineer and you want to take out a sniper in a building far away in Atacama Desert or Arica Harbor, good luck doing that with your SCAR-L... every class has weapons with really good range available except for the Engineer (I am talking about class-specific guns). Yes, you can take out someone far away with a one, but that sniper is going to take you out alot quicker.

I think the RPGs even your odds, but I agree that over-using them sucks monkeyballs. They should only be used as ranged weapons and to take down vehicles, not as a main "gun".

Let the flaming begin!

I'm glad I just picked up my MoH preorder. :D

Let us know what you think. A lot of people seem to be hatin' on that game, but I am curious.

I actually think the range on snipers is to short - no way in heck a medic with a LMG should be trading shots with a guy using a 12x scope.

I do tire of the abuse of the CG, however.... let's face it, submachine guns lack range.

If you are an Engineer and you want to take out a sniper in a building far away in Atacama Desert or Arica Harbor, good luck doing that with your SCAR-L... every class has weapons with really good range available except for the Engineer (I am talking about class-specific guns). Yes, you can take out someone far away with a one, but that sniper is going to take you out alot quicker.

Are you joking? I get killed at range by SMG's almost as much as sniper rifles.... Those guns are retardedly accurate. Nothing like getting killed 1 spawn point away by the PP2000. If you can't hit people at range with the SMG, it's you, not the gun.

That's BS man. Let's be real here. The CG is available. You want to voluntarily use another weapon be my guest. I'll be over here, shooting you with a CG.

LOL

Never said it wasn't available, I said only pussies with no skill use it. If you want to keep using it, go ahead, you will just be labeled as a bitch by, I dunno, everyone else in the game. I guess if that's the only way you can win or get kills.... you gotta play your strengths, however crappy they may be.

I think umad.

Only reason I use it is because it's hilarious when people get mad about it. Same with the AN-94... or shotgun with slugs. For some reason that's the only entertaining part about BC2 anymore... I only play on pubs so it's hard to find a team that can actually work together and win, so I'll just make people rage to entertain myself.

The AN-94 is the bane of my BC2 existance. It is totally overpowered. What's funny is I can't stand using the thing for some reason. It's only slightly above the XM8 in my preferred order and the XM8 is the worst assault gun IMO. Look at my stats with it - I don't think I even have 200 kills with it yet I plat the Aug, M16A2, M416, and the AEK Vent.

It's so easy to use... I hate using other assault rifles mainly for the lack of power / burst / accuracy.

You can pick off people from across the map with the 4x scope, even when they're running, just tap tap tap... they're dead... point-blank you'll still have accuracy for the first few bursts without scoping in, so it's quick to kill up close, especially if they're headshots.

It is overpowered but whatever.. I haven't played this game in forever, no time with school.

Well those people camping with the only tank available on the map are pussies to, but hopefully my team has enough noobs with CG to overcome their noobs repairing.

So basically your strategy is "Wahhh, someone's killing me with a tank, I hope the rest of my team can do something about it!"

Are you joking? I get killed at range by SMG's almost as much as sniper rifles.... Those guns are retardedly accurate. Nothing like getting killed 1 spawn point away by the PP2000. If you can't hit people at range with the SMG, it's you, not the gun.

I didn't say you couldn't do it... I just said you can't do it as quickly, especially if you are REALLY far away. If it an Engi vs a Sniper, usually by the time you see them looking at you, you are dead. His one shot will take you down quicker than your SMG will unless he really sucks.

I think the RPGs even your odds, but I agree that over-using them sucks monkeyballs. They should only be used as ranged weapons and to take down vehicles, not as a main "gun".

Let the flaming begin!

OK, I'll start. Snipers are long-range classes, engineers aren't. There's absolutely nothing broken about them being unable to out-snipe a sniper.

Duh?

Run to cover or something. That was a clinically disabled thing for you to write and I call troll.

OK, I'll start. Snipers are long-range classes, engineers aren't. There's absolutely nothing broken about them being unable to out-snipe a sniper.

Duh?

Run to cover or something. That was a clinically disabled thing for you to write and I call troll.

Oh God.... you guys take this crap way too seriously.... it is just a game. :confused:

I am just saying that the classes should be more well rounded and the RPGs give you a ranged weapon (like eveyone else has).

I am not trolling; I thought this was a discussion. Can't disagree with anyone else, I guess :rolleyes:

Oh God.... you guys take this crap way too seriously.... it is just a game. :confused:

I am just saying that the classes should be more well rounded and the RPGs give you a ranged weapon (like eveyone else has).

I am not trolling; I thought this was a discussion. Can't disagree with anyone else, I guess :rolleyes:

yes, all the classes should be the same.

hows that for rounded.

Extreme mobility compared to a tank, no dead zone, much easier to conceal, and in general the benefits of a tank without the downsides of a tank. So what does that say about a player abusing the Gustav on infantry heavy maps that lack heavy armor?

The AN-94 is the bane of my BC2 existance. It is totally overpowered. What's funny is I can't stand using the thing for some reason. It's only slightly above the XM8 in my preferred order and the XM8 is the worst assault gun IMO. Look at my stats with it - I don't think I even have 200 kills with it yet I plat the Aug, M16A2, M416, and the AEK Vent.

I'm the complete opposite. The entire XM8 series are held in high regard by me. The XM8 LMG is the quickest primary weapon I hit platinum with second only to the AN and the XM8C is still my favorite SMG...second only to the AKS. :p I also think the AUG and M16A2 are complete rubbish.

Didn't you know that on the internet your opinion is always wrong? :D

Considering the engineer is my favorite kit, I'd go as far and say the entire spectrum of guns available to the engineer have a much higher average of "good weapons" compared to the other kits. I loved almost every SMG, not too big a fan of the UMP since it's like the 9A-91 but without the latter's stopping power. I also love the pitter-patter of the suppressed guns.

I assumed you were trolling by the flamebait coupled with "flame on" remark. It is just a game, you're right, though I don't see how that discredits my point. Games like this have different classes for different roles. Are you going to complain about how engineers can't heal themselves and teammates or something? It's not a case of differing opinions, guys, it's a case of common sense.

its frustrating when you play this well, yet your team loses anyway.

captureasr.jpg

Back