Bad Company 2

I just bought the spect act DLC through EA store ( I'm a sucker I know :D :D )

FYI spec act mg3 has increased accuracy and damage but lower rate of fire compared to regular mg3, its stats even best the mg36 now :D :D

edit : here's a pic for proof

r1zbxd.jpg

Last edited:
FYI spec act mg3 has increased accuracy and damage but lower rate of fire compared to regular mg3, its stats even best the mg36 now :D :D

Those numbers mean nothing. Hopefully DenKirson can check out R10 and see if the SPECACT weapons are in fact changed, but I doubt they are.

I just bought the spect act DLC through EA store ( I'm a sucker I know :D :D )

edit : here's a pic for proof

Are you sure about that? My understanding of the DLC weapon skins is that they are just that, re-skins of the weapons which are functionally identical. Can you try firing it in-game in a quiet corner, and directly comparing to the normal one?

The in-game weapon "stats bars" are inaccurate and have been completely wrong pretty much since the game was released.

I haven't been able to find confirmation anywhere, but if I bought retail BC2 can I get Vietnam on Steam? I'm afraid I won't be able to and that pisses me off in advance :mad:

I think you can for retail, but not for people who bought it through the EA downloader like I did.

if you have the game added to your steam account then yes you should be able to. otherwise you have to use EA's store to unlock it.(note the word "unlock")

I found the M14 + dot or ACOG to be very effective. It's like taking the Type 88 or SVU and giving it to any class. The G3 already had great ironsights so it's kinda a waste to take over lightweight or explosives. Fortunately both guns have heavy recoil so I don't see them being overpowered.

Needless to say I hope we get confirmation that retail BC2 owners can activate Vietnam from Steam. I'm really wishing I bought it on Steam originally at full price, since it's damn near my favorite game ever.

Woot, new maps! BC2 has desperately needed new maps. Since I got my boxed copy from EA I got my BC2 Vietnam pre-ordered through them. Thanks EA for 25% off coupons for birthdays! I got BC2 for $37~ and I'm getting Vietnam for $11.25. :D

No new maps? We have to wait for vietnam? I thought we were getting some new BC2 maps first?

I just tried logging in and it's saying update available which I'm downloading and it's fucking huge from the looks of it.

Is this the map pack or them fixing a bunch of stuff again? If it is the map pack, any chance they're releasing it early ready to go NOW or will these only go 'live' tomorrow?

I just tried logging in and it's saying update available which I'm downloading and it's fucking huge from the looks of it.

Is this the map pack or them fixing a bunch of stuff again? If it is the map pack, any chance they're releasing it early ready to go NOW or will these only go 'live' tomorrow?

Welcome to Tuesday. This is the Bad Company 2 thread.

Just got into a couple different servers and they apparently fucked up the free red dot on MG-36 in HC again.

Also, it seems it will take a couple days for all servers to update; just got booted for PB timing out on the two I tried. :mad:

Just got into a couple different servers and they apparently fucked up the free red dot on MG-36 in HC again.

Also, it seems it will take a couple days for all servers to update; just got booted for PB timing out on the two I tried. :mad:

Well I guess its CoD Black Cocks for the next few days until things are smoothed out :p

EA mentioned that you should do a manual PB update once this patch is installed. I didn't have any issues earlier with it, so I'm waiting on bothering with it. But the MG36 definitely is messed up again. Sigh... You'd think it wouldn't be that difficult. At least we'll finally have new maps to play!

Well I guess its CoD Black Cocks for the next few days until things are smoothed out :p

I got tired of the game. Too much camping and the worst spawn system that was never fixed since COD4... which is really sad.

seriously, the g3 is so incredibly accurate. 90% of the time i dont see who im shooting at across the map, i just point at the red triangle, every shot is a hit.
I agree... Just got done testing it out running as assault - G3 no red dot, light weight pack, magnum ammo and C4... AWESOME SETUP.

not sure about the names but I just played in the 3 new maps (rush)
cold war > some areas are too white
harvest > sniper map, impossible for offense
oasis > join defense and platin your AT mine NOW :), a good heli pilot and gunner with the attackers will dominate the other team

Even new maps won't rekindle my interest in the game. Got to 50 and stopped dead. I must say it's been refreshing getting all my free time back and my wife says I've been in a much better mood since I stopped. :)

The PB Permabans look nasty. Evenbalance are going to be busy!

Last edited:
not sure about the names but I just played in the 3 new maps (rush)
cold war > some areas are too white
harvest > sniper map, impossible for offense
oasis > join defense and platin your AT mine NOW :), a good heli pilot and gunner with the attackers will dominate the other team
NICE! Can't wait to try it ouy!

Here's another big discussion thread about the PB bans issue..

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1378579-wow-massive-ban-going.html

I'm gonna be sticking to servers that are not streaming PB till this gets resolved.

This maybe be a stupid question, but is there a way you know you have been banned from a server??

Also, does anybody's game ever lock up and freeze their computer? This seems to happen to me whenever I am doing really well

Even new maps won't rekindle my interest in the game. Got to 50 and stopped dead. I must say it's been refreshing getting all my free time back and my wife says I've been in a much better mood since I stopped. :)

The PB Permabans look nasty. Evenbalance are going to be busy!

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you've a new family member roaming around, assuming it's dropped yet.

I'm not a fan of these new maps really. Oasis seems complete gash, it's just like Arica Conquest with a broader field of play and all the points along the bottom. It's too unfocused. Harvest just feels like it's designed to encourage the shittiest type of gameplay, sniping from the periphery.

Heavy Metal seems to be the best and most Battlefield-esque of the maps. Taking out Havocs with the Blackhawk is pretty fun, and the giant field and room to sneak is good. Everything else just seems a bit bleeeuuurgh. I guess they work for the people that liked them in Bad Company, but never having played it myself Oasis and Harvest, they feel a bit directionless and crap. To be fair I did get stuck with some catastrophic mongoloids so that might have affected my experience.

And I went ahead and got drunk and bought the SPECACT stuff. What a pointless expenditure of £4. At least the ACOG in the patch takes the M14 from reasonable with improved handling to decent without.

well that looks like glorious fun, thanks for the video. i burned out on this game after playing it, and only it, for a few months. i might have to load up a game tonight and see if i can get back into it. i'm at rank 49.75 (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ANGRYmoose)....maybe it's time to finish it off :D

Posts like this make me wonder what I'm doing wrong. I've been playing since release day and out of everyone on my personal leaderboard and the people on the same page as me on the global leaderboard I have the highest team/squad/kill/whatever score, I've got all my weapons to gold and several to platinum, and I'm still short of 46.

Last edited:
well im kinda pissed with the Oasis map. they completely screwed up the original. they tried to split the area's. its not like the original map. the original map had the hills on the east side of it. but the city its self was all one level. not half of it raised up. also it wasnt as compact as that map is. the way it currently is just promotes flag rape. you have no reason to capture the flags. just sit on the buildings and wait for the other team to spawn then kill them. its no fun. all the other maps are perfect and look exactly like the original's.

what your doing wrong jelly is that your not a rambo stats whoring pig and you are actually a team player.

btw heavy metal isnt a BC1 map. its a rendition of part of the single player in BC2(i think, been a while since i played the SP).

Last edited:
well im kinda pissed with the Oasis map. they completely screwed up the original. they tried to split the area's. its not like the original map. the original map had the hills on the east side of it. but the city its self was all one level. not half of it raised up. also it wasnt as compact as that map is. the way it currently is just promotes flag rape. you have no reason to capture the flags. just sit on the buildings and wait for the other team to spawn then kill them. its no fun. all the other maps are perfect and look exactly like the original's.

what your doing wrong jelly is that your not a rambo stats whoring pig and you are actually a team player.

btw heavy metal isnt a BC1 map. its a rendition of part of the single player in BC2(i think, been a while since i played the SP).

I tend to be both, though. My team score is high but I almost exlusively play solo since I can never find more than one game in twenty where people are interested in attacking instead of plinking at distant targets and maintaining their KDR.

Anyway, you basically nailed the problem with Oasis. I tried playing it like I would most maps, running from point to point and resupplying people or whatever. Turns out the only way to win in Oasis is to take the NS2000 and some motion sensors and streak around raping the other team, the flags barely seem a concern.

Posts like this make me wonder what I'm doing wrong. I've been playing since release day and out of everyone on my personal leaderboard and the people on the same page as me on the global leaderboard I have the highest team/squad/kill/whatever score, I've got all my weapons to gold and several to platinum, and I'm still short of 46.

i've put in 303 hours to get to rank 49, so i've put in quite a bit of time. i'm a mediocre player at best.

don't know if you're insinuating anything about me with this comment, but when i played i was always objective-oriented. my experience was about 50% of the time you join a squad that works together, and the other 50% of the time you get stuck with people who could care less about the objective and you have to go it alone.

Cheats are already active. Got two so far. One guy went 53-0 on Oasis. He was AN94 on the FRONTLINE the whole time. I do not care how good you are. Anyone dies in that situation at least a few times. He was just spamming the trigger and knew exactly where we were. Cold Front I was on the lake side of the hill, down a bit so that you could not "spot" me. Not making any noise b/c I suspected this other player of something and guess who came running up on me? Uh huh. Unbelievable how fast they can get new code up.

Back