Bad ghosting on a 2405FPW

SolidFeather

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I bought the 2405FPW few days ago and I've been noticing some pretty bad ghosting on it, atleast I think it's ghosting, white trails appearing on things. Previously I had an three year old 17" IIYAMA LCD monitior and I didn't notice any ghosting on it (It's 20ms). Is it supposed to ghost like that?

BTW, it's hooked up to an 6600GT via DVI with the driver installed.

SolidFeather said:
Hi,

I bought the 2405FPW few days ago and I've been noticing some pretty bad ghosting on it, atleast I think it's ghosting, white trails appearing on things. Previously I had an three year old 17" IIYAMA LCD monitior and I didn't notice any ghosting on it (It's 20ms). Is it supposed to ghost like that?

BTW, it's hooked up to an 6600GT via DVI with the driver installed.

White trails? Ghosting is when the stuff on the screen gets blurry when you move it around fast, but the color should not change. I have no idea wht the white trails could be. Maybe someone with more experiance with LCDs has an idea.

faulty Id say, do you allways get white trails with any colour displayed on the screen?

This is definetly not ghosting, could be a problem with the electronics or the PSU of the monitor.

I notice it alot in BF2, white trails appear after characters and walls. It's going back monday I guess.

Too many factors involved. I wouldn't put all blame on the 2405FPW yet. There's no way your 6600GT can handle the native res of the 2405 in BF2 or even 1600x1200 (I believe that's the max you can go in BF2). You are going to get abnormal behavior, unless you crack down the res. If you are not getting "white trails" in Windows (desktop), then I highly doubt it's the LCD.

I have BF2 at 1280x1024, the same as I used for the IIYAMA. Also, I have my PS2 hooked up
to the monitor via composite and I noticed the trails In The Getaway game, although i dont see the in windows.

Not much to add. But I can say the thing definitely blurs to a keen eye, but not like what you're describing. Thing is awfully bright also. Do a search on the settings thread. They have RGB and brightness that someone with a color calibrator or something posted and it works nice for me.

Back