Bad sticks?

gwai lo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm mostly just checking for confirmation from you guys, anyway I'll keep it short and to the point.

I have 2×1GB of a version of OCZ's PC2-6400 ( OCZ2SOE8002GK ), they're not working with either one stick or both.
I have 2×512MB of PC2-4200 from Mushkin and they work, one stick or both.
I stole 2×1GB of another version of OCZ's PC2-6400 ( OCZ2P800R21G ) from my brother and they work, one stick or both.

Not work = no POST, no beep, nothing, just fans spinning
Work = POST, Windows runs, me posting from "working" sticks

Relevant system information:
E6400
Gigabyte's G33M-DSR2
Seasonic S12 500W

Thus, I've come to the conclusion that my sticks are bad?

Anything I'm missing? I just like avoiding RMA's and dealing with support if possible.

Thanks guys

I am helping gwai lo by email.

Please don't take this as rude andyOCZ, as I really don't mean it that way.
But is there some reason for that. We mite all learn something here.
Mite get to see how great OCZs cs is.:)

Please don't take this as rude andyOCZ, as I really don't mean it that way.
But is there some reason for that. We mite all learn something here.
Mite get to see how great OCZs cs is.:)

Hi, no problem. It just so happened that he emailed me after posting this. I answered him and then found this thread. I gave him some troubleshooting advice and we found he still won't boot. Our next step could be an RMA or a swap for the other OCZ kit he mentioned that worked for him. It's gwai lo's call on the swap. We always take good care of our customers. :)

Yeah, I was just searching around on google to see if anyone had similar issues and ran into his email. I figure that if no one on [H] answers after a night, no one's going to answer. :p

and andy was quick about it and we got it sorted pretty quickly. =)

So I can vouch for OCZ customer service, well up to the RMA because I have yet to go through that yet. =)

Back