Bad_Pool_Caller?

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone have any experience in dealing with this error. I tried to do some research on the error, but all I found out was that there is a stupid amount of problems that this could point to. I can't boot into windows because of it saying that a system config file is missing/corrupted so I need to repair windows. Whenever I try to do a repair installation or go to the recovery console from my windows disc it blue screens with this error. I already did a full set of memtest tests with all of my ram, and a full set of diagnostics on my hard drive and they all came up clean, so I'm at a loss at what to do next. Anyone have any suggestions?

Um, you didn't provide any useful information regarding your current config.

Machine specs?
Operating system?
Version of operating system?
Is the system fully patched/upgraded?
What programs are running when the error occurs?

You gotta' give relevant info, not a vague description of a generic string of text.

The OP has limited machine specs and there's no way of telling if its OCed at all.

The OP has limited machine specs and there's no way of telling if its OCed at all.

How do we know that the machine specs in the sig are accurate? There's no indication that they are current or that it's even the machine he's experiencing the issue on.

List the actual error code and its parameters. It'll be similar to this, except with actual numbers:

STOP: 0x####### (0x########,0x########,0x########,0x########)

How do we know that the machine specs in the sig are accurate? There's no indication that they are current or that it's even the machine he's experiencing the issue on.

Never thought about that... very true indeed.

I keep picturing someone calling 8-ball in side pocket but got the corner pocket instead.

Bad pool caller.

No overclocks, and the specs in my sig are accurate. Also no programs are running as this is on the windows XP recovery console/install screen, and everything is fully updated.

Also, the error code is

0x000000c2 (0x00000043 0xC2668000 0x00000000 0x00000000)

what did you do prior to the initial error preventing you from booting into windows?

can you recover any important data off of the drive and then reformat then reinstall?

Just read a thread where someone else fixed their same error while trying to load windows by removing a particular device (modem) from the computer and then all was well ...

[F]old|[H]ard

I was just on break.com in one of the picture galleries, clicked next picture, firefox froze, i attempted to exit, started a new copy of firefox, the old one came back and completely froze the computer. I held down the power button to turn it off and the corrupt file error greeted me upon reboot. I can reformat, it's just that it's a massive pain in the ass as I have to drive home, disassemble my dad's external drive, drive back to school, reassemble it with my hard drive, transfer my stuff to my friend's computer, then to his external drive, take the external apart again, drive back home, and put my dad's hard drive back in it, so I'd rather avoid that if at all possible.

As it is now, the only devices connected are my mouse, keyboard, and printer (mouse pad is as well, but that just draws power for a light on it). Only cards I have in there are my video card and a wireless card that I use when I'm at home and is currently inactive.

*bump*
Laptop died tuesday so I really would like to get this working again so I actually have a computer to do my homework and stuff on instead of just hopping on my roommate's whenever he isn't using it (rarely)

Back