Bag of crap

mdameron said:
sold out... under 3 minutes, why even make a thread, lol

LOL, just one?! You're supposed to buy 3

Well yes. I meant three. But one "bag of crap." Made sense to me.

Yeah, boc threads are pointless. Its not like the stuff will last long enough for anyone to read it here, head over to w00t and order.

NOOOOOOOO

I was looking at what i had to do to install my lowering kit on my truck and I missed it :(

They must have really upgraded their servers. My last two craps have been very problem free. 4500 craps in only two minutes. 90% bought 3, 9% bought 1, 1% bought 2
First sucker: latebuy
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.380s

Wooter to blame for sellout: striker24
Sellout time: 12:02:00 AM Central Time

Order pace: 0m 0.024s
Woot wage: $133,931.89

Item quantity: 4500

Hot DAMN! I had a feeling it was going down tonight so I prepared my CC just for this. I got three poopies, my third woot and third Bulgarian-Olympic-Committe.

I got some iPod speakers last time that do me no good as I don't even have an MP3 player, can't wait to see what I'll get this time.

Did anyone find it odd that those hamster-powered servers of theirs were actually working tonight?

By Gosh I missed it again Ahhhh!
They need to have a woot alert for your pc to download to remind me of the BOC.

I was up this morning when the BOC went up. I got all excited when I saw the "I want one".

I clicked it and the screen then went to "Sold Out". I then woke the wife up with my cussing at the screen. After 10 mins of F5'ing to see if it came back up I went to bed.

That was the first time I've ever seen the BOC with an "I Want One" and I still didnt get one.

mavalpha said:
Usually just trinkets, but there was one case where some guy got a big screen TV. :eek:

So it's kind of like a lottery for nerds...with a small window of opportunity and good chances (compared to the lottery).

:p

God I visited the site at 1:10, 10 minutes in and it was lost -_-.

do they annouce these things before hand or do you preyy much just gotta be on the site at midnigh tto see the item change?

I hit refresh when 10pm struck PST last night, and went to go order it. I had to run to the other room to get my wallet, and when I got back ~30 seconds later, they were sold out. :( :eek:

Everfalling, from what I've seen (and checked every night), you pretty much have to be there for the item change. I've never heard of it being announced ahead of time.

Scorpionjwp said:
By Gosh I missed it again Ahhhh!
They need to have a woot alert for your pc to download to remind me of the BOC.

They have them, google around.

So what's the problem with those guys...not producing enough crap or not enough bags to put it all in?
Sheesh! Talk about a tease!

i think the real issue here is that woot makes a crapload of cash off this BOC. Has anyone gotten anything worthwhile? Yes, i've heard about the big TV, but i'd wager they make enough off the BOC each time to give away a TV

RooK said:
i think the real issue here is that woot makes a crapload of cash off this BOC. Has anyone gotten anything worthwhile? Yes, i've heard about the big TV, but i'd wager they make enough off the BOC each time to give away a TV

I got a DVD burner once. 16x DL, too.

missed it this morning.
The woot offs have notice, the BOCs dont. :shrug:

i got a curling iron once.

oh yeah.

it's more for "fun factor" and anticipation than what you're actuallly getting...

You can't have Woot w/o someone bringing up the Woot Urban legend of someone getting a big screen tv.

Before even trying to go for a BOC, you have to have your credit card # memorized.

I can rattle off both mine and my wifes credit card #, with both expiration dates and the 3 digit code on the back of them too.

We have the laptop set up in the bedroom to turn on at 12:58 so when it loads up (and plays music to wake me up if I'm asleep) it connects to Woot at 1:00am (eastern). (Even with this I still cant get a BOC.) I've only bought 3 things from Woot so far.

pstang said:
check the facts before you post and assume something is not true

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=324223&PageIndex=46

read the third post on this page

I know how to Read pstang, and thanks for the harsh treatment, you give people who post this about the person who got the tv through woot bag of crap. Did I assume, No I did not, nor did I say that, Usually Urban Legends are true and some are false, but you probally didn't think about that either.

I know it was no joke, but it's still funny that someone could get a Infocus 61" DLP TV as part of the BOC.

While I've never managed to get in on a BoC, I will say that by calling it an "Urban Legend" inherently implies that it is not true, bogus, full'of'XXXX, while the "Big Screen TV" Legend is actually 100% factual.

That's the basis of the ire I would wager.

Rofl, look at Scorpion trying to play it off. The facts were presented to him and he tries playing it off like he knew about the t.v. being real. Urban Legends are just that. Fake stories. There is no such thing as a "true" Urban Legend.

swy81 said:
Rofl, look at Scorpion trying to play it off. The facts were presented to him and he tries playing it off like he knew about the t.v. being real. Urban Legends are just that. Fake stories. There is no such thing as a "true" Urban Legend.

yea what he said.

urban legend n.
An apocryphal story involving incidents of the recent past, often including elements of humor and horror, that spreads quickly and is popularly believed to be true.

Back