Banks Using Twitter?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Banks are now using Twitter? Lovely. That’s all I need, my bank tweeting my lack of funds to the world. :eek: Then again, it could be handy the next time there is a bank crisis / bail-out: “The manager is in the vault again making another personal withdrawal. Lol!”

Wells Fargo (WFC) and Bank of America (BAC) have begun to "tweet" — post messages of 140 characters or less on Twitter.com — with customers about everything from bank fees to product features. Discover Financial (DFS), American Express (AXP) and Citigroup (C) have launched Facebook or MySpace pages. Some banks even put marketing videos on YouTube.

Somehow I can see this attempt to be "technologically relevant" going very badly. I barely trust my bank to keep their website secure. . .

Somehow I can see this attempt to be "technologically relevant" going very badly. I barely trust my bank to keep their website secure. . .

+1

My bank is one company I want to see as little of as possible on the interwebz.

NathanM said:
Let this be the last f'ing post about Twitter. Seriously.
Amen to that. I am so over it. Now all the local news stations are throwing the "twitter with us now at....." (yes I know it's tweet, but the teleprompter idiots say that) and so forth every 5 damn minutes.

Back