Battlefield 1942 Free

Yea i grabbed it for free when they first announced it. Sadly it doesn't hold up well IMO.

Last time I played it, I think I had a issue with Punkbuster since it is nolonger supported. Anyone here up for a game on Omaha beach :cool:

I signed up and grabbed it however when I go to play all I get is a beep. Perhaps it does not like running on a server version of windows?

I have the version that doesn't require shitware and runs the Desert Combat mod still. Still entertains me from time to time..shame there are no servers anymore. :(

I hated it 12 years ago.....
Give me something to work with here EA!
Let's get PONG next!

I loved BF 1942 back in the day, I think I spent most of my free time in high school playing it.

How could you not like it?

I loved this game, especially the earlier desert combat mods (but only before they nerfed the helicopters).

Problem is the support for widescreen custom resolutions sucks and it crashes a lot with windows 7/8.

I loved BF 1942 back in the day, I think I spent most of my free time in high school playing it.

How could you not like it?

had fairly awful graphics at the time, along with a ton of fog, but by far the worst thing about it was the hit detection. I didn't think it was playable at all.

I've been playing it a bit and it is fun for the nostalgia factor but the game play definitely shows its age.

Desert Combat was the LAN game of choice when I played with friends.

This has been free for some time. I tried to download this game last year and it wouldn't work. Looks like that is still the case. Guess I'll still have to pop in those old discs.

This week in news @ [H] - Download Windows XP SP3!

Back