Battlefield 1943 demo up on Xbox Live Arcade now

ddb120

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a heads up, it's on the marketplace right now under the Spotlight tab. It wont let me download it (I get a blank screen saying "This content is currently unavailable.") so I'm just assuming the server is getting hammered.

:D

the trial should only be available when the game is released on wednesday, that's how it works for all xbox arcade games. I'm guessing MS just put the link up early.

I'm getting this as soon as its released. I can't believe more people aren't excited about this.

It looks like its just 1942 with a reskin... and I love it haha

I'm getting this as soon as its released. I can't believe more people aren't excited about this.

It looks like its just 1942 with a reskin... and I love it haha

LMAO nice sarcasm comparing this to the 100 times better Battlefield 1942. You always had me fooled:D:D

I cant wait for it either, I loved 1942, and even if this is just 4 maps, it should be a blast!

The price makes me nervous. I really don't want to spend 10 dollars for two maps every month.

^ Amen. People gobble this stuff up though so it'll become the norm.

Great game anyways.

All i remember is when I first got battlefield 1942, i had a shit load of fun. Bad Company demo i had a ton of fun with also, just never bought the game.

For $15 i can't see myself going wrong getting this on the Ps3. I just hope there are a lot of players..

BF 1942 was probably my 2nd favorite online FPS after Quake 1. I'm sure it was that way for a lot of other people too

Definite purchase, I loved BF2 but I never found good servers. If anyone is purchasing first day you can add me, my Xbox gamer tag is opazhman. Btw you can get 4000 Xbox points for 29$ on eBay.

Definite purchase, I loved BF2 but I never found good servers. If anyone is purchasing first day you can add me, my Xbox gamer tag is opazhman. Btw you can get 4000 Xbox points for 29$ on eBay.

Have any good sellers?

LMAO nice sarcasm comparing this to the 100 times better Battlefield 1942. You always had me fooled:D:D

No I think your confused. Take BF1942 add destructible environments and (I hope) the Bad Company engine's awesome sound and that = 1943 teh win.

Guess we'll see in a day :D

No I think your confused. Take BF1942 add destructible environments and (I hope) the Bad Company engine's awesome sound and that = 1943 teh win.

Yea his comment confused me too. I'm seriously looking forward to this. Gamertag is NismoGrendel if you want to add me, I'm always down to drive a jeep, man a gun, anything team related :)

yes add destrucble environments minus getting rid of alot of class,s, adding regen health and unlimited armour, cut the number of maps to a quarter, cut the player count to a quarter too and you have a watered down piss poor FPS game.

i doubt you even played 1942 as you would have realized that many things have been dumbed down

yes add destrucble environments minus getting rid of alot of class,s, adding regen health and unlimited armour, cut the number of maps to a quarter, cut the player count to a quarter too and you have a watered down piss poor FPS game.

i doubt you even played 1942 as you would have realized that many things have been dumbed down

It's an arcade title guy. Do you own a console?

I just played a few games.. it's ok. Not what I was hoping for, but not terrible.

It's definately not a reskin of 1942 like I thought it was going to be.

It's an arcade title guy. Do you own a console?

Thats the problem though, us PC guys get stuck with a game that is dumbed down for the consoles. I'm sure it'll be a blast either way

Still waiting for Bad Company II and Battlefield 3

Please don't assume as to what I have and have not played.

Regards watering down, maybe you should play it first before claiming it as the devils spawn? You never know, you might like it.....

Anyone know when this will be on the marketplace, I cannot use the link above to send it to the xbox.Thanks

Edit: It worked through the above link thanks. Problem was with my comp, not the link.

Last edited:
I just played a few games.. it's ok. Not what I was hoping for, but not terrible.

It's definately not a reskin of 1942 like I thought it was going to be.

diddnt listen pal i told you it wont be as good as 1942. its dumbed down

Please don't assume as to what I have and have not played.

Regards watering down, maybe you should play it first before claiming it as the devils spawn? You never know, you might like it.....

i dont need to play it in order to know if its watered down or not. just read the features man:rolleyes:

Look at the other guy i quoted, he said its "OK" so i assume by his reaction that 1942 is better and that this game is NOT 1942 with a reskin. anyways its your money and time so hope its money and time well spent for you ;)

Yeah, I read a review of a book last week, so I know everything I need to know to slag it off too.

Yeah, I keep getting a failed to connect to EA Online message. Same thing for you guys?

Overall its exactly what i wanted it to be, a easy pickup and play version of BF1942 for the 360. Granted, i wish i could actually play it online, but playing the tutorial gave me a good feel and i like it.

The destructible environments gave the game a very cool feel even in the tutorial. I cant wait to see how it plays into actual online play. I like that tricks like the Jeep TNT trick still seem to work OK too. it sounds and looks AWESOME.

There are a few things that nag me feeling wise though. Flight seems good, but i would love to have more control over the throttle, but i think that will come with more practice. Apparently all the soldiers in the game are going to be ex baseball pitchers, since they seemingly can throw grenades quite far. Further there is no way to lightly throw or roll a 'nade, nor can you cook them. Also surprising were the lack of ladders on the ships. At least in the tutorial Wake Island, there is no way to get onto the ships if you have to ditch in the ocean.

Hopefully the EA servers will stop sucking and i can actually play a game tomorrow. Sure its watered down, but that's going to make it no less fun!

The destructible environments gave the game a very cool feel even in the tutorial. I cant wait to see how it plays into actual online play. I like that tricks like the Jeep TNT trick still seem to work OK too. it sounds and looks AWESOME.

Good news, one of the better things about BC was the amazing sound...especially thru a decent surround setup. Add to walls being blown away in front of you and this is sounding pretty tasty as a retro hit up.

No more camping in bunkers :D

It's really good if you can get into a game, for the past hour I haven't been able to get into any. EA/DICE underestimating/cheaping out on getting the minimum amount of servers they thought they'd need.

Flying is really fun, I've shot down many planes already, even a couple in an extremely laggy game somehow.

If you're on the fence about purchasing it I'd wait a couple days though for EA/DICE to get their server situation sorted out, right now the game even tells you at the message ticker at the bottom that it is over capacity.

so how do you actually get the game ? I just got back from work and i dont see anything new in the marketplace.

scuse me if im missing somthing, im a console nub.

edit: nvm , they listed it under videos ? that was somewhat frustrating.

Last edited:
How does it compare to BF1942?

Think BF1942 but using the Frostbyte engine or whatever Bad Company uses.. Takes a little bit to get used to, I can see it as an either you love it or you hate it kind of thing, I didn't care much for Bad Company but I think this is a blast to play when you don't have a bunch of camping snipers on your team.

so how do you actually get the game ? I just got back from work and i dont see anything new in the marketplace.

scuse me if im missing somthing, im a console nub.

On the main dashboard go up to the Game Marketplace tab and there should be a little advertisement like 5 spots to the right, or this link as posted above: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841097e/

thanks, i googles a bit and found u can also go through the videos section to get it.

Back