Battlefield 2 Announced

KoDt

Gawd
http://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=news&id=2849

Looks like BF: Modern Combat but for PC (so it will obviously have more / different / better content) - develped by DICE and trauma studios (desert combat team)

Well all of you worried that the 3rd BF game was PS2 only, you get something better for PC.

hmmm can anyone say DESERT COMBAT RIP OFF. Err looks cool but this is the second time EA has taken a MOD and made it into a retail version....Lets hope the net code is better.

Killermac

DC is still in a pretty rough stage so this will probably been one massive improvement (provided it is similar). But after buying Bf: Vietnam, EA/Dice had really get their act together on this one (w00! 35 fps on a 9800 pro in vietnam.. spectacular!)

Originally posted by Mojo3k70
DC is still in a pretty rough stage so this will probably been one massive improvement (provided it is similar). But after buying Bf: Vietnam, EA/Dice had really get their act together on this one (w00! 35 fps on a 9800 pro in vietnam.. spectacular!)

I get 50 fps on a GeForce Fx 5200.....
and this new game is just Desert Combat gone retail... bound to happen after Trauma signed with EA/DICE.

Originally posted by Killermac
hmmm can anyone say DESERT COMBAT RIP OFF.

not really. if this is true, it appears it is also being developed by trauma studios (the makers of desert combat)

Looks interesting but what I'm looking forward to is the Star Wars based one by Pandemic.

Originally posted by Killermac
hmmm can anyone say DESERT COMBAT RIP OFF.

How can the makers of DC rip themselves off ??

Basically it looks like it's DC on the BF:V engine with some more improvements .. like better textures, physics and code ..

Nice. PAY of DC?!?! Sonofa.... should make it like CS, could download the mod or buy it retail. One of the reasons DC is so popular is because it's FREE, you basically get 2 games for the price of one. Oh well, I'll prolly buy it anyway. I'm a sucker for BF.

well, it will have better graphics (a little at least like bfv) and more maps / and other improvments.. but your right its basicly DC

Originally posted by SVTLightning
Nice. PAY of DC?!?! Sonofa.... should make it like CS, could download the mod or buy it retail. One of the reasons DC is so popular is because it's FREE, you basically get 2 games for the price of one. Oh well, I'll prolly buy it anyway. I'm a sucker for BF.

From what I've heard you'll still be able to download and play the DC mod for BF1942 for free. However Modern Combat will be a new game that you'll have to buy, not an expansion.

-Ace-

Originally posted by polydiol
Looks interesting but what I'm looking forward to is the Star Wars based one by Pandemic.

I take it you haven't seen Star Wars: Battlefront. It seems Lucas Arts is pulling a play out of Dice's playbook with making a popular mod into a retail game.

I think EA is involved with what type of games Trauma and Dice make.

Look the pattern they make games off good mods its kind of
like ripping off the developer that made the mod.

EOD-BFV
DC- BF2

There just trying to make money off the mods that are good if Battlefield Pirates were super popular EA would probably make a Battlefield: 7 Sea's game :rolleyes:

Fuck get an original idea already. They've beat the hell outta it and not once have I really been wowed with improvements.

BF1942
BF1942: Road to Rome
BF1942: Desert Combat Mod
BF:V
BF:V Desert Combat.

Each time some new skins and minor changes.

Somone is hurting for an original idea I think.

Originally posted by polydiol

Yes ... you mean Star Wars : Battlefront. This game is going to own. Star Wars combat with BF gameplay, using dx9. I can't wait for my 880XT :D

Originally posted by SKiTLz
Fuck get an original idea already. They've beat the hell outta it and not once have I really been wowed with improvements.

BF1942
BF1942: Road to Rome
BF1942: Desert Combat Mod
BF:V
BF:V Desert Combat.

Each time some new skins and minor changes.

Somone is hurting for an original idea I think.

If I were EA / Dice I would beat the hell out of it too. It's a very good game and it's making them money. Thats what they're trying to do, and if we keep buying the "same" game with minor improvements they will keep selling it to us.

People need to lighten up. it's JUST A GAME! For christ sake people. If you don't want to buy the "same" game DON'T! I personally enjoy both BF1942 and BF: V and probably BF 2. No matter how much they resemble each other. I have friends over to drink, we jump on BF: V, and we all have fun. WTF is up with all the incessant whining about this game?!?

I personally have NEVER bought a game I didn't like because I wait, read reviews, try demos if available, and make smart choices as to if it's right for me. I guess I'll stop ranting now but I'm just tired of people acting as if gaming is their life (I'm sorry if it is) and it's ending because they bought a game that, IN THEIR OPINION, doesn't cut it.

Let the flames begin (I'll be long gone :D )

SVTLightning.

I was hardly whining was I?

Im not a fan of the game. As many others. I like most folks that werent impressed would just rather see them come out with something new.

Instead they keep recycling it. And even if you do like that game. Theres no way in hell you can sit there and say each release is significantly different.

EA is getting out cheap. Their reselling the same thing like you said. Good game or not, I just dont like handing over money like that.

And your right. noone is making me. But it'd be good too see their rescources go towards a new decent game.

SKiTLz,
Didn't mean to direct all that at you. The first little paragraph was my reply to your post. The rest was me ranting about how people whine constantly about the game and can't get over it. That post really belongs in the official EA BF:V forums ( http://tinyurl.com/2fob5 ). 99% of the posts there are "EA SUCKS / I HATE BATTLEFIELD" nothing useful. So, sorry if I offended you. I might have gotten a little out of control ;)

SVT

Back