Battlefield 2 Complete Pack on Steam...

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
I was surprised to see BF2 on steam after so long. I wonder if this means future BF titles will be released on steam on launch day.

The Battlefield 2: Complete Collection features the following:

Battlefield 2 (v1.50)
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Battlefield 2: Euro Forces
Battlefield 2: Armored Fury

Does this mean EA finally fully conceded to Valve and their horrible digital download service is kaput? I might have to pick this up now.

O god...does this mean that I dont have to go through the 4 hour process of Install, patch, install expansion, patch, install expansion, patch, get unmodified content error, patch patch patch patch patch every time I want to play BF2! Worth 30 bucks IMO.
Anyone bought this and confirmed no annoyances?

Does this mean EA finally fully conceded to Valve and their horrible digital download service is kaput? I might have to pick this up now.

EA has been selling on Valve for sometime, but still run thier own crappy service too.

O god...does this mean that I dont have to go through the 4 hour process of Install, patch, install expansion, patch, install expansion, patch, get unmodified content error, patch patch patch patch patch every time I want to play BF2! Worth 30 bucks IMO.
Anyone bought this and confirmed no annoyances?

If you get BF2 and SF off the EA download store it's cheaper: only $20 for the two. The booster packs are free in the latest patch.

I would recommend just buying BF2 (since the booster packs are free now). I was never able to get into SF and ended up spending most of my time on the Armored Fury maps. Even though EA's Downloader is a steaming pile of trash it'll save you $20.

I wonder if they offer where you can add the games by entering your cd-key? That would be nice.

EA has been selling on Valve for sometime, but still run thier own crappy service too.

I know they have but BF is their love child and it's finally on steam as well as a few others added at the same time. I hope this means that stupid download manager crap goes away. :

I bought this... after 30 mins I remember why I stopped playing

enemy spotted, enemy spotted, enemy spotted, enemy spotted, x 100

God dammit I hate that fucking voice.

Also clunky ass guns don't help it much either :(

does this mean I can use my existing cd key and add BF2 to steam?

would joining through steam still put you through that awfully long EA Account log in?

I picked it up. Lost my BF2 cd's a while back and hadn't played for years. Definatly still fun, and the 1.5 patch fixed a lot of issues. I figure it was worth it, as I never spent the money on SF back in the day. (Which was 30 bucks). While the SF maps are stupid, the SF weapon unlocks are definatly worth it. (SCAR-L is for the special forces class is amazing)

does this mean I can use my existing cd key and add BF2 to steam?

would joining through steam still put you through that awfully long EA Account log in?

Wondering this myself. I've already bought 3 copies of this game but if I have to grab another I will.

EDIT: After visiting Steam forums it looks like you can't. Looks like I'm the proud owner of yet another BF2 key. So glad it's on Steam now, I can die today a happy person.

Back