Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Yeah I get VERY tired of being stuck in squads with nothing but snipers who never leave the spawnpoint, unless it's to run further back away from the enemy. Squad spawn is useless if your entire squad never leaves the spawn site.

I was on metro server on Sunday where 9 of the 16 players on the team were camped out in 3 different clusters around the spawn site and trying to snipe, and this was when we were the attackers. WTF?!?!

Some people just care about K/D, so that's the way they play. Seems boring, but to each his own I guess.

I care about total points, and I lead the scoreboard by helping my squad and completing objectives, even if I only have half or less the K:D of snipers who do nothing else.

I really feel persistent stats inflated the need to have "good" stats. But people in general care about good stats, which is why persistent stats came about.

Those people belong in Call of Duty, not Battlefield.

Why don't you let the people who pay $60 decide where they belong :p? If you don't like the way they play, find a server that enforces your way! or better yet, go pay for a server and push all the rules you like.

downsides: no pretty box to add to the collection

that said i hope theres a booklet or something in the box version other than just a dvd and some mass effect 3 ads or what not. stupid bfbc2 limited edition was a letdown. disc+ads and that was it. call me lame but i like box sets like doom3 that had a booklet

Well the same could be said to justify griefing or any other "undesirable" behavior.

I guess, but the campers aren't actively trying to hurt the team, just playing a different way, while griefers on the other hand...

that said i hope theres a booklet or something in the box version other than just a dvd and some mass effect 3 ads or what not.

When was the last time any game had anything in the box except the disc? Seems like forever. Remember Falcon 4? That thing came with an actual binder.

this makes me sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hspYel3WPjQ

Guided Shell (Tank) really? WTF! Whats next guided bullets from your gun?
Guided tank shells have been around since the 1960's. Back then they weren't autonomous, but TV guided. There have been modern versions put out with laser and IR guidance. IIRC, the Russians have had the Sokol-1 guided tank shell for a few years now, and the USA has been developing their own advanced guided tank shells also. The USA version is the XM1111 and has been in development a couple years now.
Given that this game supposedly takes place in 2014 (preview videos), it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to include them in the game.

I'm gonna jump on that Amazon deal. I already got my free game with my Origin pre-order and the physical warfare pack is all unlockable anyway. Thanks for the heads up! Saved me $18 for the same amount of buggy fun! hehe :D

1rq6ht.gif

I'll just leave this here.

I'm gonna jump on that Amazon deal. I already got my free game with my Origin pre-order and the physical warfare pack is all unlockable anyway. Thanks for the heads up! Saved me $18 for the same amount of buggy fun! hehe :D

Can you cancel the origin pre-order if it came with Dead Space 2?

Still waiting on the $5 steam sale.......

Well, ok, that is a bit far off. I do see Amazon has it for $42.

This is true, whatever dwindles the enemies tickets faster and sustains friendly tickets longer is the name of the game. Well, for conquest anyway.

Yeah, and you know what does that the fastest? Having more flags than the other team. No someome having 20 kills and 14 deaths.

Its a game dude not a job.

True, a team game. The objective of the game is to have more tickets than the other team, and winning the map.

Sure people pay for their game, and they can play however they want to. However, you (not you specifically) being a useless blob on a map sitting on a hill, or hiding in a bush sniping the whole map is silly. When you have several on a team, you will lose, bottom line. Its a "recon" class, not a "sniper" class.

I have no problem when I dont have a 1/1 kill death ratio or better. Because often time I do a lot of the dirty work, and actually hold a flag, instead of cap it and run off. Only to have to return next spawn because someone already got it. Several times a map, I wont see anyone for a few minutes, then as they always do, they try to come and retake the flag. And Im there. Im often times still at the top, or towards the top of the of the leader board. Because I understand how the game works, find a role and stick to it. And I just started playing the game about 3 months ago, and really not that good. Much better at being a team player, than a pure shooter.

Im done harping on it though. Ive been annoyed with that type of gameplay since Q2 and the rail gun, and it was even appropriate there because it was deathmatch. Because kill/death is the only thing that mattered. Still didnt like it though. :eek:

Trading one pre-order for another. All the money circles back.
They still have to install Origin, which is the main goal of EA right now.

True, but I imagine they get a smaller cut from sales through Amazon than they do through Origin - plus it looks bad for Origin sales numbers. They'd rather have the Origin sales and add extra Amazon sales on top - but I'm sure they are cannibalizing thier Origin sales with Amazon's pricing.

I will however, give them huge props for making it easy to cancel the pre-order - some places are complete dicks about that.

I will however, give them huge props for making it easy to cancel the pre-order - some places are complete dicks about that.

You mean Steam or D2D?

Origin sales are good, but installs are better. Valve has made installs a priority, by even showing how many people are online daily. A good selling tool to get devs to take a smaller cut for more sales.
If the client is installed, they have more opportunities to sell you other things. These companies know those wallets will open up at some point.
I've added many games from members who were selling game vouchers, or cdkeys.com etc., money Steam never saw, but they have their client on my PC. So when the sale is on, they know I will buy.

Last edited:
Canceled my origin pre-order and nabbed the Amazon one for $42

I actually loaded up Origin and asked in chat about canceling the order due to the price on Amazon and not only did they cancel it without any issue they gave me a 20% off coupon for any future order on Origin "for my inconvenience."

I have to say I was surprised, but happy.

I actually loaded up Origin and asked in chat about canceling the order due to the price on Amazon and not only did they cancel it without any issue they gave me a 20% off coupon for any future order on Origin "for my inconvenience."

I have to say I was surprised, but happy.

They actually gave you a future discount for canceling a pre-order based on a lower price elsewhere? Wonder why they didn't just offer to match Amazon's price (and refund you the difference).

They actually gave you a future discount for canceling a pre-order based on a lower price elsewhere? Wonder why they didn't just offer to match Amazon's price (and refund you the difference).

my guess is CSR's are still learning the swing of things, with all of the variance in service people are reporting.

Maybe if you specifically ask for a price match they would. CSR's typically aren't suppposed to "think" and need to respond via a predetermined script. So what you specifically ask for and how you phrase it, even if the variance seems minor, can change the result.

Wonder how many times you could order and cancel (collecting 20% vouchers each time) before they caught on?

I actually loaded up Origin and asked in chat about canceling ..

wow, I chat 2 times, email my driver’s license to change my Username, and it was still denied, I have to finally give them a phone call to make it work.... If I know I should say ok I cancel and register under another name to the first one I chat with.

Back