Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Not seen any yet, from what ive read its lacking a crack so they won't be able to do shit with the iso for the time being. :)

Yup mp is definately the main attraction for this, dice pretty much said that the sp is more to familiarise people with weapons etc for when they jump intp the multi.

12 days left and counting (for uk\europe at elast)

Well, since BF3 needs Battelog to log into the game to play any mode, Origin to run, and no LAN support, I doubt anyone can get it to run.
If this places an impenetrable lock onto the game until the 25th, we can see more devs take the same approach. Genius.

I guess we can gripe about having to use Origin and Battlelog all we want, but if it is actually effective in keeping the game from being pirated - then that is fantastic news. Personally I really liked the Battlelog, though Origin didn't seem to serve any purpose. Haven't had any problems with Origin though.

Less/no pirates can only mean good things for the paying customers.

Rumor on the street is the game has been leaked :eek:

Here's an idea, don't download it, don't try that version, don't even think about it. Piracy is killing the PC gaming business... Do yourself/everyone a favor and buy/wait for the official release.

Here's an idea, don't download it, don't try that version, don't even think about it. Piracy is killing the PC gaming business... Do yourself/everyone a favor and buy/wait for the official release.

The PC gaming business is not being killed. Its not dying. Its not dead. Lets just stop with all that. ;)

From what I've seen, the leak was for the Xbox 360. Go figure. Since I preordered months ago, I'd definitely download a leaked PC version to play a little single player until release.

I bet everyone who paid $60 for RAGE disagrees with you.

@Chris_B colour me corrected! it's just in their latest interview's they've been raving on about it.

Look at 13:15 There is ingame console explained.

There is some new information such as the console and some performance monitoring commands (such as FPS and CPU graphs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ekktuRD5ao

Even though I couldn't hear a single word he was saying (crowd really needs to STFU) This was nice to see:

unled1qjn.jpg

It's great that DICE are backing PC gaming with such a huge title like this, they are really trying to keep PC gaming alive - And they are very open publicly that this is a much better experience on the PC..

Who needs ID and that scumbag Carmack?

Anyone thinking about checking out the leaked iso, don't bother. I did some research on it, and DICE/EA/Origin really did a good job of locking this one down. I would be *highly* skeptical of anyone claiming to be playing the single player. I think that's why they're allowing us to preload 3-4 days early.

Anyone thinking about checking out the leaked iso, don't bother. I did some research on it, and DICE/EA/Origin really did a good job of locking this one down. I would be *highly* skeptical of anyone claiming to be playing the single player. I think that's why they're allowing us to preload 3-4 days early.

So we will get to play single player early?

So we will get to play single player early?

I highly doubt it based off of what I read from people that actually took the time to download the torrent. The basic idea is that the installer always takes you to Origin, and even if you manually extract the files it still has another layer of security in the form of a date checker.

Basically from what I understand the game is completely locked down until it gets a legit response from a real Origin server. Where there's a will there's a way though...just not sure it will be found before the game goes live.

After the BETA i have enough of SHOOTERS for some time now.
It's almost the same as Bad company 2.......
It's getting boring playing same game over and over again, not to mention COD franchise.

This attum will stick with new Batman.

After the BETA i have enough of SHOOTERS for some time now.
It's almost the same as Bad company 2.......
It's getting boring playing same game over and over again, not to mention COD franchise.

This attum will stick with new Batman.

It was only like BC2 if you played Metro Rush. Conquest on Caspian was literally nothing like BC2. The new batman will be far more like the old batman than Conquest maps will be to BC2.

I highly doubt it based off of what I read from people that actually took the time to download the torrent. The basic idea is that the installer always takes you to Origin, and even if you manually extract the files it still has another layer of security in the form of a date checker.

Basically from what I understand the game is completely locked down until it gets a legit response from a real Origin server. Where there's a will there's a way though...just not sure it will be found before the game goes live.

lol Genius. Even if they get through the Origin layer, Battlelog still needs to be active on the second layer. The game itself doesn't have a in-game browser and it's broken without it.

Give that person a raise.

The CloneDVD leak will allow you to play single player, supposedly.

All of the information I've found points to the contrary. There are already several "news" sites posting that single player is fully functional, but that just isn't the case. Really makes me doubt their credibility.

You know what's killing the PC gaming business? Devs putting out console ports.

It's easy to bypass a website: make a local site, update hosts file. Date checked? lol...easy to bypass. Basically, nothing is ever locked down. It sounds like the hardest part of this is figuring out how to launch the game into the single player. A little tinkering and I'm sure someone will figure it out. I bet it's out today or tomorrow.

Is there a best place to pre-order this from? I'm thinking in terms of a "pre-order bonus".

Is there a best place to pre-order this from? I'm thinking in terms of a "pre-order bonus".

Origin has a weapons bonus - Type88 LMG, DAO Flachette ammo, and SKS flash suppressor (if i recall correctly). don't know if this is the 'best' pre-order deal...just one that i'm aware of.

lotta places have their own pre-order bonus. i ordered from amazon and they have exclusive dogtags to offer.....(this is of course besides the already given karkland preorder limited edition bonus) that said...

original.jpg

It isn't a weapon bonus, merely early unlocks. You get those weapons regardless of where you order from, just not directly at the start.

Insomniac's picture defines the current gaming industry too well.

Actually the type-88 is exclusive, the dao-12 and other unlockables are just early access though. I think the SKS flash suppressor will only be avail through this as well(perhaps made avail. down the line for everyone through a patch).

Actually the type-88 is exclusive, the dao-12 and other unlockables are just early access though. I think the SKS flash suppressor will only be avail through this as well(perhaps made avail. down the line for everyone through a patch).

So if you pre-order from say Bestbuy you dont get the same bonus as if you pre-order from origin?

Back