Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

You can shoot out lights in Grand Bazaar.... :eek:!

Good god the graphics are amazing on the maps I've tried so far...

The framerate im getting is very good, but there is some jerkiness here and there that pops up. Not sure if it is the server lag or microstutter. I might be able to tell if there was a ping display.... Not being able to bind anything to mouse buttons 3,4 and 5 is a HUGE problem too.

Crashed again after a full round of play, right as the NEXT ROUND timer hit 0, same as last time.

I put quality setting on ULTRA and gotta say, performance so far at 1920x1080 is stellar.

Just got back from BB and installing now. Everyone I saw was picking up 360 copies. A line outside of gamestop, too cold for that sheeit.

Free dog tags too, purty nice.

I am really liking these maps and I love how smoothly this game runs compared to BC2. I don't know if the attachments are glitched right now or if it's just from the Physical Warfare Pack but I have a ton of attachments and like tier 2 sprint and explosive perks.

The framerate im getting is very good, but there is some jerkiness here and there that pops up. Not sure if it is the server lag or microstutter. I might be able to tell if there was a ping display.... Not being able to bind anything to mouse buttons 3,4 and 5 is a HUGE problem too.

I am able to... just click in the mouse column for keybinds, then press a mouse button. MX518 mouse here.

HEY! For all those with driver issues, there seems to be a new Nvidia driver WHQL certified released yesterday. Be SURE you guys have it. May have something to do with the stutter issues. the nvidia drivers for the beta was in fact a beta itself.

This. Game. Is. AMAZING.

RPGs should not have as much splash damage as they do, but so far I'm loving it. The immersion is top-notch.

Dude concur concur concur. This shit is awesome. I've never seen such teamwork either...

I'm planning on playing the SP campaign first as I bet there are still a lot of bugs in MP. But then I cannot wait to try out the MP maps.

I'm getting REALLY bad negative mouse accel for some reason. Was nowhere near this bad in beta. This is almost unplayable.

Hmm the new driver doesn't show up in the auto-update for me when I click check for update. I had to go to Nvidia's site to get it.

I've crashed a 3rd time, but it's always between rounds so far. I'm okay with that on the first day. I've never been fanatical about progressing my rank or getting unlocks. I find all that shit immersion-breaking... but I'm glad they put it in to motivate other people to keep playing.

This. Game. Is. AMAZING.

RPGs should not have as much splash damage as they do, but so far I'm loving it. The immersion is top-notch.

In the beta, there was no splash damage and had extreme bullet drop.
At least it's effective in the retail version. Leave it as is I say.

I just went back to AMD, no crashes so far. Only issue is the driver stutter.

Hmm the new driver doesn't show up in the auto-update for me when I click check for update. I had to go to Nvidia's site to get it.

I've crashed a 3rd time, but it's always between rounds so far. I'm okay with that on the first day. I've never been fanatical about progressing my rank or getting unlocks. I find all that shit immersion-breaking... but I'm glad they put it in to motivate other people to keep playing.

Zero crashes for me, and I've been playing much of the day/night.

Call me old fashioned, but man I like having that box.

IMG_20111025_011551.jpg

Dunno bout anyone else, but performance seems improved over beta on 11.10p3 CAP3 - xfire 6950s with mild oc are getting me to ultra with 2x AA at 2560x1600 with rare dips. 4x drops my fps to 30s, tho I'm not too disappointed if it lets me get by with any.

I've been playing the single player since for some reason multiplayer wont work (even with the patch).

It runs great maxed out on my system, except one major problem. Every 30 seconds or so there is like a huge 1-2 second freeze. Is this what people refer to as microstutter?

It seems the game is paging the hard disk, is 4 gigabytes of ram enough for Ultra settings?

I've been playing the single player since for some reason multiplayer wont work (even with the patch).

It runs great maxed out on my system, except one major problem. Every 30 seconds or so there is like a huge 1-2 second freeze. Is this what people refer to as microstutter?

It seems the game is paging the hard disk, is 4 gigabytes of ram enough for Ultra settings?

No microstutter is something different, that many people can't even perceive. Meanwhile, to others it ruins the game experience.

Your browser is not fully supported, soldier!
You will be able to look around and talk to your friends, but not join their game.

fuckkk

if you buy the game you will get the code

I bought it digitally at origin. I figured it out, it was a bug. I just needed to restart origin. Typing the code wasn't necessary. BTW, has anyone noticed that the SP FOV cannot be changed? The FOV slider is for MP only.

Call me old fashioned, but man I like having that box.

[*IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/pigwalk/IMG_20111025_011551.jpg[/IMG]

I'll make my own backup of it, but... I would love the case, if it weren't so much more expensive. I paid $45 for BF3 + mass effect 2 and deadspace 2 total... so, yeah... :).

God dammit, I install from Origin and then when it finishes it just says "Read to Install" wtf?

You need to move the BF3 folder, then start a new download. Close origin, then move folder back. Then relaunch origin and it will download a little then finish properly :).

Just got my preorder from gamestop and Im having installation issues. Put the disk in, do autorun, it starts up origin, then tries to download the effing game. I did not buy a fricken physical copy to have to download the goddamn thing with my shitty internet connection. :mad: Anyone know how to make this damn thing install from disk?

The game is pretty amazing... but I still haven't figured out how to really get in the flow of the battle and coordinate with my team.

Also, had to lower settings below ultra everything to get rid of microstutter :(

Back