Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Ok back on the topic, what can we do to improve the game play, because it's sucks, how many time I need 1 or 2 persons to come to help me to take a position, how many time I neutralize a flag, to be kill few seconds after because no one come to help . All this because EA don't care about team play , they remove the voice chat; how can I say to a squad team mate to take left and I take right as example, it's not always easy to stay alive and type on the keyboard.

It's not a rants, how can we improve it, can we start a clan? Can this clan be effective? , I guess we can use the party voice? I'm sick and tire to kill and be kill, I would like to see some team work...

There's really only so much a DICE can do to encourage team play. I'm not saying they did a great job on that front, I certainly think they fell short in several areas, but when you're aiming to take a chunk out of the COD market, you're bound to end up with a lot of run-and-gun retards running around.

However, thus far I've had a pretty similar team play experience in BF3 to that of BF2. Sometimes I end up in a squad that is balanced, has a great squad leader, and we can dominate a large section of the map and cap points at will. On the flip side, sometimes I'll be in a server where I can't get into a squad that isn't at least 50% recon and our team can't get out of our spawn because nobody knows what they're doing.

Still, there's no "easy" fix. I think it was a mistake to limit squads to 4 people. It should have been 6, IMO. It was a mistake to leave out the commander as well. That role was very important to bringing the individual squads together as a team. Integrated VOIP was really the biggest omission though. I understand the use of alternatives like Teamspeak, but it really should have been included in the game.

Having to rely on outside alternatives like Teamspeak really only works if you're always going to be in a squad with your friends.

So I nearly doubled my playing time this weekend alone; for the most part it seems that at least if team play isn't quite getting better, at least people are very active in capping flags and taking objectives. Was in quite a few very good games where flags were constantly changing and my team actually reacting quickly to it; nice seeing 6+ guys run to an objective, cap it, then head on out together to the next.

Having to rely on outside alternatives like Teamspeak really only works if you're always going to be in a squad with your friends.

That's not nec. true...pls see my new thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038048324#post1038048324

Tactical Gamers has taken the game play up one notch/level....I've tried it, and it works pretty good. And you do NOT have to "organize" your own "friends". You log into Teamspeak, log into your game server, join a squad, and the TeamSync connects you up w/ voice chat.

I don't play the game solo with pubs anymore. I cannot stand the stupidity of people not sticking with their squad. They just run off and herp and derp and get mowed down by everything. Either that or they try to snipe people 500 meters away from any capture point, get 3 kills in a round, and dont defend or cap anything.

I'll only now play when my friends are online. We party up in battlelog to get the voip going, and then we're unstoppable. Usually its just the 2 of us, but sometimes we have 4 people all in one squad.

Its much easier to cap points when you have people talking to you and watching your back.

Room entries like that are hilarious. Typically i'll go medic and my friends will be engie and support respectively. If we know people are in a building, we start by putting grenades in every window, then the engie and support take seperate doors and spray and spot. The instant my friends die, i know the enemy is reloading so i rush in with the m320 and finish them off, and then rez my squadmates.

What concerns me however is DICE's classes. I find that i'm most successful as a medic staying back behind my team mates, and using them essentially as a meat shield if lose a fight, and then rez them after i avenge them. For this role, i do think an LMG is better suited, like BFBC2. Medics with AR's make me think that i should be out front, but its clearly not an optimal strategy because if i die first i cannot resurrect my squad.

Anyways, what i'm seeing with this iteration of battlefield is that teamplay and socialization is based on people you know and have in battlelog. It is not like previous battlefields in which you could talk to your team mates and coordinate on a pub level. You have to organize before you join a game, set up a party or a platoon, get in the voice chat together, and then join.
And i do understand the necessity to do this. I think of the stress a 64 player server goes under with all of the vehicles and layers of destruction, and how its going to get worse when dice actually enables destruction after they fix the fall-through glitch. Adding 64 voice streams to it probably doesnt help. And it would probably be a pain to implement with all the problems on the servers already. Separating the voip from the servers was probably a time and money saving measure.

Anybody looking for a medic to tag along should send me an invite. I play the assault class exclusively but rarely actually play with anybody on voice comms. ArazuX is my battlelog name.

Playing with somebody on voice comms changes this game completely.

And i do understand the necessity to do this. I think of the stress a 64 player server goes under with all of the vehicles and layers of destruction, and how its going to get worse when dice actually enables destruction after they fix the fall-through glitch. Adding 64 voice streams to it probably doesnt help. And it would probably be a pain to implement with all the problems on the servers already. Separating the voip from the servers was probably a time and money saving measure.

What? As far as I've seen that was fixed in Beta...

if you're playing with random people, you've got to type. seems like people are starting to get the hang of things. when i'm capturing a flag and team chat "need help capturing B" people come running. at least more so than before. you still get the occasional clueless Support class that won't drop an ammo pack if his life depended on it. not sure what some people are thinking.

i stand in front of them, press Q and my guy screams "i need some fucking ammo!"...blank stare.
i jump up and down dancing around like a monkey in front of them....blank stare.
type in team chat "i need ammo please"...blank stare, and they run off.

but like i said it's getting better.

interesting, I think I will try harder to communicate by typing until they sort out squad voice chat or whatever. I hate it when people dont revive you or drop med kits or ammo boxes...

they fixed fall through by removing ground destruction. Notice how you cant dig craters and trenches anymore with C4?

aka they didnt fix it, they just removed it. I'll consider it fixed when destruction is in, and fall through doesnt happen.

It was fixed in the beta by completely turning off terrain deformation as far as I can tell. Mortars/explosives no longer leave craters in the earth. Those craters were actually excellent cover, would be nice to have them back. ;)

they fixed fall through by disabling ground destruction. Notice how you cant dig craters and trenches anymore with C4?

I've fallen through the main building floor at Checkpoint multiple times in the past few weeks. It's like your head is coasting across the floor. I "assume" they know about it.

It was fixed in the beta by completely turning off terrain deformation as far as I can tell. Mortars/explosives no longer leave craters in the earth. Those craters were actually excellent cover, would be nice to have them back. ;)

Agreed.

Theres nothing like digging trenches and filling them with mines.

As someone who didn't play during the beta, huge craters and trenches sound awesome!

Nerf IRNV scopes, they shouldn't work during the day.

Mortars need to be tweaked as well.

Fix Metro on Conquest Large by giving side routes on the ticket point. It turns into an RPG spam fest as it is right now.

Nerf IRNV scopes, they shouldn't work during the day.

Mortars need to be tweaked as well.

Fix Metro on Conquest Large by giving side routes on the ticket point. It turns into an RPG spam fest as it is right now.

The first two items are being addressed in the client patch.

To balance metro on conquest they need to have a route that goes directly from C to A or perhaps 2 routes, that would force teams to spread their lines out and not make it a giant cluster fuck on the escalators. The game would flow a LOT more. Wouldn't hurt to toss in an extra control point either.

Currently the game turns into a boring RPG/320 spam fest with the US side 90% of the time being dominated due to the unbalanced spawn distance to B.

It would of been really cool if they opened up 2 more "levels" of terrain, something sub metro and a 2nd floor to the station.

To balance metro on conquest they need to have a route that goes directly from C to A or perhaps 2 routes, that would force teams to spread their lines out and not make it a giant cluster fuck on the escalators. The game would flow a LOT more. Wouldn't hurt to toss in an extra control point either.

Currently the game turns into a boring RPG/320 spam fest with the US side 90% of the time being dominated due to the unbalanced spawn distance to B.

I'm pretty sure DICE wanted a map like this. There are 8 other maps you can play.

For this role, i do think an LMG is better suited, like BFBC2. Medics with AR's make me think that i should be out front, but its clearly not an optimal strategy because if i die first i cannot resurrect my squad.

I hate you. LMGs should never be issued to a corpsman, ARs all the way.

It would of been really cool if they opened up 2 more "levels" of terrain, something sub metro and a 2nd floor to the station.

I have won being on both sides, really comes down to which team has less stupid people.

The US side will win if it is significantly better. Typically if the US side wins, after the switch they will either comfortably win or even often dominate, often pushing the US back to C, or sometimes to the point of pushing the US all the back to deployment.

But despite all this the map is very popular, and I've seen more 24/7 Metro Conquest 64 player servers than other types. Because of how it is setup, people like it in terms of action and the ability to score high. Right now it does what it does very well, any change to it would probably ruin this dynamic for those that like it.

Yeah. People seem to like metro but I get bored with the spam fest pretty quickly.

Metro reminds me of CS_Assault for Counter Strike. The Ts are fortified in the building and the CT have to break in. Sure its fun on the Ts side but the real fun is trying to get inside without being killed. The same for Metro. The US side is a real blast when you have a decent team that actually tries to cap points instead of spaming RPG/nades.

I like the Metro map for that challenge and chaos. However when the spam gets to bad, I find a different server.

Metro reminds me of CS_Assault for Counter Strike. The Ts are fortified in the building and the CT have to break in. Sure its fun on the Ts side but the real fun is trying to get inside without being killed. The same for Metro. The US side is a real blast when you have a decent team that actually tries to cap points instead of spaming RPG/nades.

I like the Metro map for that challenge and chaos. However when the spam gets to bad, I find a different server.

I dropped into a 64 player metro once and it was very stupid. Both teams face off at a standstill at the stairs and its just a rocket battle. I was on the US side and after 10min of playing, was unable even see an enemy player with all the pyro spam.

I dropped into a 64 player metro once and it was very stupid. Both teams face off at a standstill at the stairs and its just a rocket battle. I was on the US side and after 10min of playing, was unable even see an enemy player with all the pyro spam.

Havent done 64 Metro. I stick to 32 player servers for that.

Try prone and facing the escalators.

Oddly this is the only map I snipe in. M98 US recon using ACOG picking at peoples shins :p I don't really like to snipe but wanted to level that gun and the recon class lol...

just need a coordinated attack. i like spamming smoke grenades and making a run up the escalators on US team, works like 1/5 times. lol !

just need a coordinated attack. i like spamming smoke grenades and making a run up the escalators on US team, works like 1/5 times. lol !
Exactly. As the USA team, you have to have at least a couple squads with a couple guys equipped with smoke. Then these 2 squads need to rush up to the second set of escalators that is behind the ticket counter flag. There are usually 10 or less defenders back there. You have to spam the smoke and run like hell to the cafe outside. Inevitably 2-3 of you will get picked off, but if you get cafe, the whole map begins to swing in favor of the USA team. I've seen this happen almost 10 times now.

This is also the reason you see so much m320 spam on this map...everyone is trying to unlock smoke grenades so they can use smoke to advance...;)

Last edited:
LMFAO dude please don't talk. 41 noobtube kills on a 64 player Metro server? I don't think anyone here will respect your words anymore or cares what u have to say.
You guys should take it easy on Vega, honestly sometimes the only thing to do on Metro 64 conquest is to use rockets or grenade launchers to defend or attack in order to hold or defend B.

Vega, I'm surprised you have so little time using the assault class. The guns are awesome, take it easy with engineer class with the rockets and try running assault.

Your top 5 vs my top 5, *I've got ~30% more play time then you...

assaultclass.jpg

Last edited:
Havent done 64 Metro. I stick to 32 player servers for that.

I got the game on PS3 first(didnt think my PC would run it) and was so dissapointed with the 24 player limit, I got the PC version anyways(was $20cdn) just for the 64 players(and mouse/keyboard). Anything less then 64 seems wrong, but yah, I can see 32 working better.

Exactly. As the USA team, you have to have at least a couple squads with a couple guys equipped with smoke. Then these 2 squads need to rush up to the second set of escalators that is behind the ticket counter flag. There are usually 10 or less defenders back there. You have to spam the smoke and run like hell to the cafe outside. Inevitably 2-3 of you will get picked off, but if you get cafe, the whole map begins to swing in favor of the USA team. I've seen this happen almost 10 times now.

i think alot of people's problem with the map is that they dont understand the need to help their fellow teammates suppress the enemy from their vantage

Kind of like how the guys coming up the first escalators can peak both left and right sides but the guys on the stairs can only work on the left. But if they start working together, they can clear one side then move forward and then continue pushing forward.

Sadly, most of the time i just see people huddle behind a corner waiting to get rocketed/M320'd. They just dont get it

i think alot of people's problem with the map is that they dont understand the need to help their fellow teammates suppress the enemy from their vantage

Kind of like how the guys coming up the first escalators can peak both left and right sides but the guys on the stairs can only work on the left. But if they start working together, they can clear one side then move forward and then continue pushing forward.

Sadly, most of the time i just see people huddle behind a corner waiting to get rocketed/M320'd. They just dont get it

Hard to coordinate that without voice chat though. So that pretty much kills any public server.

I'd say op metro is decently balanced on the 1000 ticket servers. If US breaks through at all anytime in the first 300 tickets or so they win. People just need to have a greater awareness of how the game mechanics work. For example, if you die on the escalators your body slides down and can be revived at the bottom. It's easy for a group to hold the bottom and clear the top of the escalator with nades, rpgs, and m320's. Once this happens u get a few guys to push up and fire rockets and m320's into the locker room, and also you can stand on the escalators and empty your clip for 2-3 kills at a time, and no death since u get revived every time. Then you can start to claim the territory upstairs which is already in the cap.

This can be countered by spamming rockets and m320 into the escalators from the locker room, but thats hard to do when theres a really strong push from the right side.

Anyways it's an awesome map because it lets you rank up and unlock things quickly without having to invest too much time ino the game.

A friend converted me to the BF series about a year ago. MW2's not installed, but MW1 was, so I fired it up for a few minutes. I played TDM for 2 rounds, I was ~middle of the leaderboard for both rounds.

I can't believe I used to play CoD :confused: Every round feels like 64 player Metro :eek:

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038049837 said:
Vega, I'm surprised you have so little time using the assault class. The guns are awesome, take it easy with engineer class with the rockets and try running assault.

Your top 5 vs my top 5, *I've got ~30% more play time then you...

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8930/assaultclass.jpg

the AEK is lethal. high ROF and packs a punch. have you unlocked the KH2002 yet? it's burst fire or single shot only. it's extremely accurate and deals a lot of damage with the heavy barrel equipped. i went 40-18 with it last night on Metro Conquest (was in the mood for chaos) which is much better than a typical round for me. give it a try sometime if you haven't already, it's very fun to use.

wow. tried jumping into a game, after a reinstall. (havent played in a few weeks) I just cant do it.. IRNV here, IRNV there.. like come on fucking pussies.. I may as well just download some wall hacks.. That and I see nobody on the [H] servers.. :( (only servers I really played on)

Game is pretty much dying to me.. Damn shame too, as I loved it, when I first bought it.

Maybe its just a bad night.. Who knows..

the AEK is lethal. high ROF and packs a punch. have you unlocked the KH2002 yet? it's burst fire or single shot only. it's extremely accurate and deals a lot of damage with the heavy barrel equipped. i went 40-18 with it last night on Metro Conquest (was in the mood for chaos) which is much better than a typical round for me. give it a try sometime if you haven't already, it's very fun to use.

I have not yet unlocked it. I will do some coop tonight so I can try it out.

Yep AEK-971 is my favorite gun, then M416, then F2000.

I like the russian Kobra red dot(upside down T) scope on the AEK.

lol, I just noticed that I have 2000 kills for the f2000, might keep it like that for a while lol.

Back