Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038142662 said:
I'm able to login, playing at work right now...

Im sure that would improve productivity. Get your work done people, get 30-1hr of BF3. People would work so much better lol.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35702640&postcount=4208
Anyone experiencing massive frame rate drops when zooming in with scopes with AMD video cards, I found a fix.

In the Catalyst Control Center - disable "AMD Optimized Tessellation" and set it manually to 2x or off.

I have an AMD 6950 shader unlocked to 6970 and get 50-60 fps on ultra at 1920x1080. When zooming in I would get 24-30 fps and have extreme studdering. Turning tessellation down to 2x, my fps actually increases when zooming in.

Well, while the game is down some clanmates and myself are using this opportunity to edit TS3.

Origin does something for BF3 - it provides DRM for it, just like Steam provides DRM for Valve (and many others). Your complaints may be valid, but welcome to the world of online authenticated DRM-restricted gaming. It's only going to get worse.

Ugh...yeah. The difference is, Steam does most everything that Origin + Battlelog does. Origin really has zero purpose for BF3 other than, like you said, annoying DRM.

That's why I don't mind Steam, whereas Origin just pisses me off.

Ugh...yeah. The difference is, Steam does most everything that Origin + Battlelog does. Origin really has zero purpose for BF3 other than, like you said, annoying DRM.

That's why I don't mind Steam, whereas Origin just pisses me off.

Depends on the game. With BF3 I don't like it. With ME2 it was fine.

and steam breaks for big releases ALL THE TIME!

I've never had that problem with Steam. Not saying it can't or doesn't happen, but I've never seen it.

Also, I thought most of the data was already downloading in that 4 GB patch for BF3...why is there such a strain on the servers now? Doesn't really make sense.

Origin still not working for me...so it's been down for what, 5 hours now? That's a bit excessive.

Depends on the game. With BF3 I don't like it. With ME2 it was fine.

True, but BF3 is the only Origin game I have (and probably ever will have if I can help it).

Damn it, this is the worst case scenario for the launch of BTK. Can't believe I'm about to go play Minecraft right now.

I've never had that problem with Steam. Not saying it can't or doesn't happen, but I've never seen it.

Also, I thought most of the data was already downloading in that 4 GB patch for BF3...why is there such a strain on the servers now? Doesn't really make sense.

Origin still not working for me...so it's been down for what, 5 hours now? That's a bit excessive.

True, but BF3 is the only Origin game I have (and probably ever will have if I can help it).

Well Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield 3 are the only ones I have right now. Though my SWTOR preorder appears there, but the preload didn't go through Origin so I don't know how that will work.

what is going on w/ Origin/BF3....anybody able to log in?

They are doing maintenence. They had a notice on their site yesterday, and in BF3 that they would have the servers offline starting at 10AM today.

5 hours downtime ...wtf 2 hours more and EA have 99 % uptime, someone someplace have not make is job for sure....maintenance ???, we are in 2011, you don't shutdown all the loggin servers at same time to make maintenance, not in 2011

5 hours downtime ...wtf 2 hours more and EA have 99 % uptime, someone someplace have not make is job for sure....maintenance ???, we are in 2011, you don't shutdown all the loggin servers at same time to make maintenance, not in 2011

some are still up because people on my friends list are playing apparantly

Thanks for this - I'll have try it out. I do get some FPS drop while zooming in but nothing that drastic. I also have a 6950 unlocked to 6970.

np I'll checking into it at home as well

most major games, sun-wednesday is a nightmare for getting big releases(notice now they start friday alot??). steam not responding etc. steam will work for other games(so not as bad as this outage) but when THE one game you want wont work, its frustrating

also, whats even more odd, is origin provides much better DL speeds than steam

I pay $160 a month for my cell phone. You bet your ass I loose my shit when service goes down. You ever want to see a CSR cry? goto the telus call center when my phone looses service and I call to rape their ears.
Abuse like that eventually gets you cut off. I can guarantee that your cellphone account has notes a mile long on it. I still recall reading comments like "little dick bitch" on customer accounts for the abusive callers. I loved every minute of calls like that in escalations. Got quite the enjoyment out of listening to someone acting like a bully and throwing tantrums like a child to get their way, all because they had the safety of a telephone line to keep them from actually proving how tough they really are. Very few people who raged that hard actually had a legitimate complaint, most fail to read the full term's of service and realize the service they signed up for does not make provisions for what they are mad about. In your case, uptime.

If you are reliant on a service for work, health, safety, etc., then you would have a right to rage since companies that provide services like this give guarantees on uptime.

Any service that is for personal or leisure use there are no guarantees of uptime. All the ragers in this thread mad are getting mad way too soon. If the service was down for 2 weeks, I could understand. A few hours for maintenance will not kill you.

You all need to take a step back, take a deep breath then realize there is a sun outside. If you still need to relieve stress, try rubbing one out or go find a woman that will do it for you.

seeing twitter traffic that its coming back up

some people are having to shut origin down and restart it to log in

HA..

Getting funny errors.. Cant login to origin because of a invalid Cache folder...

"OMFG EA/ORIGIN YOU POS WTFBBQ I WAANA COMPLAIN AND MOAN STEAM > ORIGIN OMFG!!1!!!1" :rolleyes:

Ugh why did they change the flag locations compared to the original karkand. The west side of the map is useless

Do we get that automatically or something?

Im not sure since I re-downloaded everything, although you can right click on the BF3 icon within the Origin menu to force check update

bf3wf.jpg

:confused: Umm wtf?

As a side note, some of you are no different than the Black Friday Walmart mob mentality.

...Hopefully all will be fixed by the time I get home from work in 2 hours. :eek:

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038142662 said:
I'm able to login, playing at work right now...

Goddammnit ..if I didn't make my disgust for you already clear in this thread, I fucking hate you so much....

...Happy holidays Shiz! :)

:confused: Umm wtf?

As a side note, some of you are no different than the Black Friday Walmart mob mentality.

...Hopefully all will be fixed by the time I get home from work in 2 hours. :eek:

obviously you know nothing about servers , I was not refering to the fact that I can't play, but a the bad job the guy in charge of thoses servers at EA is doing, if it was well disign or manage, it will not happen

obviously you know nothing about servers , I was not refering to the fact that I can't play, but a the bad job the guy in charge of thoses servers at EA is doing, if it was well disign or manage, it will not happen

:rolleyes: Yes I know nothing about servers please share your wisdom mr expert.

Wow. I'm so fucking disapointed in these new maps right now. I get 20 to 30 fucking FPS with a 6970 on gulf of oman, 1920x1080 with mixed ultra settings...WTF.

Back