Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

BTW, the very first impression I had from the patch was that I was sitting as a gunner in a tank and killed a 5! people in a chopper (can chopper fit that many at all???) and chopper itself from the tank gun.

And people bitching here that tanks are underpowered now ? :)

Tank cannons one shot choppers now, but TV missiles one shot tanks now too. Tanks got the fucking shaft.

Yeah, I know there are maps that are big enough to actually do that on. But I get tired of playing the same three maps over and over again. :rolleyes: Unless you're literally talking about sitting 500m out and trying to use the tank as a glorified sniper, in which case you are wasting your team's time and assets.

And if that fact was enough to stop people from doing it even before they made tank armor weaker, we wouldn't be having this conversation ;)

I wouldn't mind the tank's current health if the main cannon was a lot more beast.

Nothing like shooting a main tank gun right at the feet of an enemy infantry and they walk away unscathed. Poor terrain/explosion dynamics for the win. Happens all the time.

As someone who loves to shoot down helicopters with a tank (record 5 in one match), it was virtually just as good as it is now. Before you still disabled it in one hit and it was almost a 100% kill anyways. For that slight trade-off they turned one engineer with an RPG more powerful than a three person crew in a freaking tank.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't simultaneously completely destroy the repair tool. Needlessly slows the game down way too much and removes a lot of the action of armor battles. :mad:

goddamn fucking bullshit. I goddamn cant wait until another game comes out so i can quit this abortion of a game.

You should give Tribes: Ascend a try, requires infinitely more skill and teamwork than BF 3. Its Free 2 Play so you have nothing to lose...

tribes looks like it's from 7 years ago too

no offense, graphics don't make the gameplay but ascend is the same old shit along with old ass graphics.

BORING

tribes looks like it's from 7 years ago too

no offense, graphics don't make the gameplay but ascend is the same old shit along with old ass graphics.

BORING

Doesn't stop 50 million sheeple from buying yearly iterations of CoD does it now....

I remember in BF2 how you were able to detonate your C4 after dying if you managed to get back to your kit and grab it before it disappeared, which was good. If they just made the C4 disappear immediately now after you die that's pretty awful if you ask me.

Not gonna lie, this thread is one of the more refreshing ones to browse. Sure there's bitching and moaning, but at least it's mostly constructive and everyone isn't biting at each other's necks. Can't say the same for most of the other games' threads.

On a more related note, I haven't been able to play since the day the patch came out. Nothing related to the game, just busy at work. Can't wait to get back in and starting owning noobs again, and this thread makes the withdrawls worse. :p

Dice really needs to make the grenade warning distinguish between enemy and friendly grenades. It's especially annoying on 64-player Metro, when nades are flying constantly.

Dice really needs to make the grenade warning distinguish between enemy and friendly grenades. It's especially annoying on 64-player Metro, when nades are flying constantly.

In BF2 there was no grenade warning. Adding "sissy red cherry glow" to the nades now is for n00bs.

So I guess BF3 never garnered much popularity in Asia? :( I just got my computer back on Friday, and over the weekend I loaded up Battlelog but there were only a handful of servers that I could get a low ping on in this part of the world (I'm in South Korea now) and they were all in Japan. I don't think I'll be playing much more of this game I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsbTjPe2fs

Laughable video. This only confirms DICE = morons. They should remove this "patch" and start from scratch. Might have to give MW3 a whirl.

Wow, I haven't been on in a while but if that's what suppression has turned into...haha.

In BF2 there was no grenade warning. Adding "sissy red cherry glow" to the nades now is for n00bs.

Haha indeed, in 2142 the only indication of a grenade landing next to you was a slight hissing noise.

I've given up on playing this game. They have closed the skill gap. Anyone tried Red Orchestra 2?

I've given up on playing this game. They have closed the skill gap. Anyone tried Red Orchestra 2?
Very fun game, haven't played it for ages though. If they fixed the rest of the bugs it's worth it to check it out.

RO2 is much more tactical and it can be much less frustating when you play with total strangers compared to the usual BF3 64p cluster fuck

If you buy it don't bother with the regular version, use steam to install the beta version instead which has many gameplay enchancements and a brand new realism setting called "RO classic" , the game is only going to get better in the future since Tripwire is taking into account actual player feedback instead of listening to 12yr olds 0.5 KD n00bs and pub stars, they even made official polls in their forums http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123

back to topic :

Some changes were much needed, now there are less sissies running around with OP foregripped LMG/ famas / aek / AS val/ U-Suck-At-Shooting and RPG/m320 spam seems to be less effective

I REALLY like the addition of a seperate bipod key, all i have to do now is press Z then press X to deploy the bipod and fire from the hip, using LMGs is more intuitive now

tank armor and repair torch have been nerfed but they can still pop smoke and recharge fairly quickly, so it's balanced imo

IGLA/ Stinger locks much faster which is very welcome too

haven't tried the javelin yet but i really enjoy the M240B and F2000 buffs, .44 was already a killer handgun if you had the aim, maybe they improved it to help agressive recons with bolt actions + CQB scopes, dunno really :)

I'll post more impressions when the symthic charts are finally out and try the attachments on more guns, my only real gripe so far is the effect of suppresion on your accuracy,

SQD CVR + m240b + m145 scope + flash suppresor + bipod + no suppresion = shooting with bipod deployed from B flag ( seine crossing ) at the windows near E with almost perfect accuracy

any gun + suppresion = GTFO unless the enemy is at point blank range

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w&feature=g-u-u&context=G208af54FUAAAAAAABAA

COME ON !

So on a map where stats are grossly inflated and the PKP is a street sweeper, you take that as an account of the entire game?

No, the point of the video was that with the suppression being ridiculously overdone now, one individual can blind virtually the entire opposing team just by spraying. That is something you could NOT do before this "patch". There are many circumstances where you could do this, not just Metro.

It's funny. The people who seem to be complaining the most are the better players. They are not going to magically suck over night.

I know I'm a console player, but it seems to me the only people crying about the patch are those who would whore the usas+frag, ride the MAV to impossible to reach places, or sit back in an unreachable zone mortaring or MAV killing. I loved my shotguns, but with this patch im actually using the other weapons more and more. The only downside I can think of is now DICE servers rotate between game modes which I DOnt like, I'll play conquest for a night, then rush for another etc. Being thrown into a different gametype every round sucks IMO. And so does having to check out each and every server you join to see if they play one gametype. I don't understand why they didnt leave the DICE servers as is, and let the custom servers handle the rotation and special rules stuff. I love that I can finally join a 1000+ ticket metro and all, but losing the quick game feature really sucks. Theres no point joining a 'quick game' CQ when it wont go back to CQ for another 5 rounds.

I was just playing Gulf of Oman. I was scanning the map with my javelin and locked on to something in one of the tall buildings so I fired. I got an infantry kill and no vehicle or equipment destroyed. The guy I killed was pissed off too and said he wasn't in or near a vehicle. :confused:

I was just playing Gulf of Oman. I was scanning the map with my javelin and locked on to something in one of the tall buildings so I fired. I got an infantry kill and no vehicle or equipment destroyed. The guy I killed was pissed off too and said he wasn't in or near a vehicle. :confused:

It was a sniper buttfucking his soflam. The jav will lock on to a soflam but the hit box is wonky as hell so it hardly ever actually hits it, it will however take out any infy near it though most of the time.

Join the revolution:

https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/29_03_patch_is_a_mistake_rollback

paper-tank.jpg

Back