Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I dunno, it looks like I'm in the minority, but I'm really not enjoying it. Tank Superiority is insanely dumb, it's just a camp in hills with tanks and shoot across the map. With the maps being so big you can't really do shit on foot, it's just retarded.

Rush feels lopsided to the attackers.

Conquest is just a bunch of running in circles to get objectives and not really seeing a lot of action

you're not alone, I feel exactly the same way. I think the problem is the community, most new comers don't know how to play these maps as they heavily revolve around team support and people are more concerned about k/d ratio than helping others...

I just wonder how many people with BF3 and paid premium are noobs though. you would think people that put up that kind of money to be knowledgeable BF3 players. Maybe the beauty of the new maps just has people in awe and they look like selfish k/d whores and not team players...

I just wonder how many people with BF3 and paid premium are noobs though. you would think people that put up that kind of money to be knowledgeable BF3 players. Maybe the beauty of the new maps just has people in awe and they look like selfish k/d whores and not team players...

Or, maybe, you might realize someday that people buy Premium because it's a good deal, not because they're hardcore? It's cheaper by far than the individual DLC packs ($75 for five packs total @ 15/ea., vs. 37.50 on sale at greenmangaming for Premium).

Or, maybe, you might realize someday that people buy Premium because it's a good deal, not because they're hardcore? It's cheaper by far than the individual DLC packs ($75 for five packs total @ 15/ea., vs. 37.50 on sale at greenmangaming for Premium).

easy there tiger (pun intended :)), dnottis wasn't knocking Premium. no need to defend it in this case.

yea thats possible too I guess, I just figure most people that have premium and playing AK right now would be more than just casual users and should understand the game. Yea I wasn't knocking it at all, I'm premium, I'm just saying to be $100 into a game you should at least know what you are doing and understand how to play it.

No most people playing AK now, JUST GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY. It's been out for only a coupleo fhours, jeez give some people a chance to get home from work to play it.

I'm sure teamplay will improve once the shininess wears off. I know I won't be able to memorize a map in the first 2 hours I play the game. Actually, the first 2 hours, I plan on riding all the new shit, and looking around in awe at the maps. My KD ratio will also suffer from this.

....Ahhh frak this, I'm leaving work and going home so I can play this.

Last edited:
I have nothing better to do at work but to watch the people bitch on EA forums about AK.

Lol. Funny shit. 3 more hours before I get home :/

I played through three of the maps for a couple hours right after they came out. For obvious reasons there were not any full servers to try with 64 player but whatever.

The maps are definitely very large. So large that a vehicle is required most of the time. At the same time this pretty much makes engineers required to counter the vehicles which coincidently makes every other class inferior. Intended design? Yes. Good design? No.

Maybe it will get better when the games are full of 60+ people. I prefer sniping at medium to short ranges so I don't know if I will really enjoy these maps. I will probably end up using the little bird 90% of the time when able.

yea thats possible too I guess, I just figure most people that have premium and playing AK right now would be more than just casual users and should understand the game. Yea I wasn't knocking it at all, I'm premium, I'm just saying to be $100 into a game you should at least know what you are doing and understand how to play it.

Yeah, you'd think people would, but.... nope :(.

The maps are definitely very large. So large that a vehicle is required most of the time. At the same time this pretty much makes engineers required to counter the vehicles which coincidently makes every other class inferior. Intended design? Yes. Good design? No.

Maybe it will get better when the games are full of 60+ people.

i've played in many full servers today and the same dynamic exists. about the only time the other classes are truly useful is when playing Rush.

i've played in many full servers today and the same dynamic exists. about the only time the other classes are truly useful is when playing Rush.

Support skirmishes aren't bad, c4 passing tanks. However the dynamic does exist.

Well this pretty much kills it for me sadly. Rush just isn't how Battlefield is meant to be played and I never was into the Engineer class. I'll keep my hopes up though. Maybe I'll find a tactic I can enjoy. :eek:

For whoever requested screens:

bf32012091111204312.jpg

bf32012091110484785.jpg

bf32012091110502753.jpg

bf32012091110435452.jpg

vlc2012091121333133.jpg

vlc2012091121355875.jpg

I'm joining too a lil late. Nice ss. The numbers of players of bf to the numbers of page in this thread. Impressive.

rush mode on the new maps is soo unbalanced....the attacking team has such an advantage due to the amount of vehicles and the gunship.

I only managed about an hour on Alborz and I spent 90% of it in an attack heli. I felt like I'd learn the map and routes faster flying around. Turns out I'm just as bad a pilot as before, but at least there's plenty of real estate to work with to try to out-range lock-ons. Overall it seemed like a pretty sweet map.

Anyone have any tips for actually getting in the vehicles? Apparently only B2K maps allow you to spawn from the spawn screen into a ground vehicle and I really thought they were going to have this in AK. I love the AA vehicles, but I've barely gotten any time in them because I usually don't feel like waiting around the spawn for a chance to get in one.

Also, according to this symthic post it seems there are no IFV's (LAV/BMP/BTR) or medium transports (HMMWV/VODNIK). Not that it's a big deal, but the variety would be nice.
Which means no amphibious vehicles either, those are the only ones in game. There really isn't too many spots of open water. There is a small break in the ice somewhere on Alborz, and the ocean is near out of bounds of Bandar desert.

Which means no amphibious vehicles either, those are the only ones in game. There really isn't too many spots of open water. There is a small break in the ice somewhere on Alborz, and the ocean is near out of bounds of Bandar desert.

Armored Shield has a river with boats. Of course, no one really wants to float around in a slow-moving, pea-shooting cardboard death trap, either.

Not to mention the paradrop from the gunship, people are always landing right behind you.

agreed, the small delay between gunship respawns and the paradrop make it so overpowered. it sucks being on the defending side and actually isn't terribly fun on the attacking side because it is so overpowered, it doesn't feel very challenging. i wonder if they'll patch it up

I haven't played much but just ordered Premium to try out the new maps.

Speaking of that bit of water on Bandar Desert...if you fly close enough in a jet to the water, you disappear from airplane radar....tip for those pilots out there that like shenanigens.

Speaking of that bit of water on Bandar Desert...if you fly close enough in a jet to the water, you disappear from airplane radar....tip for those pilots out there that like shenanigens.

I don't understand. If you fly low in any map you drop off the radar.

I have to vent: I read the patch notes and was excited to see the shoulder mounted AA get a boost. Anyone notice they improved exactly nothing with them? They're still as useless as they have been since day 1. So impossible to get that service star for the stinger... RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I have to vent: I read the patch notes and was excited to see the shoulder mounted AA get a boost. Anyone notice they improved exactly nothing with them? They're still as useless as they have been since day 1. So impossible to get that service star for the stinger... RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGE

yeah they're still not all that effective. i have a service star for both the stinger and igla but it was a frustrating process. I made the most progress on Gulf of Oman, playing RU and standing on the beach picking off the US choppers as they came in from the carrier.

Mainly they have increased lock range and altitude. So you can get a lock when air units are lower in the air and further away.

It makes them really annoying.

Armored Kill is amazing. I love it so far. Already had some epic battles on 64 player maps, the playing field is huge and maps look awesome on ULTRA!

I’ve already taken out (2) heli’s with tanks so far, nothing is more satisfying then doing that lol,

Ground pound is actually great fun.... once you have captured all the bases in conquest I go to the base closest to enemy spawn, you will get lots of kills on foot. The amount of vehicles and people on foot coming out of the spawn is crazy. The biggest challenge and most fun comes from trying to defend the base closest to the enemy spawn.

This expansion reminds me of JO (Joint Operations) by Novalogic.

The more people you have on TS/VENT to play with the better the gameplay experience will be.

ground pound score on foot...
http://i.imgur.com/izkZc.jpg

It makes them really annoying.

I know! Now in the air, you actually have to avoid fire instead of being immune to 99% of everything all the time, and cant just go 2mph spraying death at the little people below who can only cower in fear. :D

Not sure I'm having as much fun with these maps. Time will tell I guess. But right now, meh is across the board.

Back