Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because it would give DICE the opportunity to address such issues before or soon after release :rolleyes:

Those types of issues are also quite apart from knowing and experiencing how their netcode now handles latency with 64 users on a server. Perhaps they would prefer for people not to know until they have handed over their cash.

Lots of games may have issues in the beginning, but there is a difference between unforeseen teething problems and game breaking rage inducing bugginess that generally plagues DICE games at release which could have been avoided.

Because people that played it woukd know it was BS? They just pissed away a good opportunity to get the game upto scratch on launch, all theyre doing is essentially showing what changes they made to Metro.

I can only assume that the vehicular combat will be fine tuned so well as to be bug free, then again this is the same company that released BC2 with Heli controls on par with an arthritic Turtle, and it didn't even have functioning countermeasures for Heli's till much later..

You two missed the point I was making. I didn't say the Conquest mode wasn't need. I said, What would stop the crying on day 1? Nothing.
DICE could enable the mode and still don't fix the issues by day 1, then what? Commence crying.

i did not participate in alpha testing so i'm damn excited for the beta - Rush on Operation Metro is just fine for me. i understand people wanting to work the kinks out of vehicles before launch though so a different map would have been useful. maybe i was one of the lucky few, but i had next to no problems with BC2 at release. my most annoying issue was the server browser not reporting pings....hardly a big deal.

the EA BF3 beta page has minimum and recommended specs... maybe these were already known? Maybe so, but they are new to me.

Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

ah this is just too much for me :( I think I might leave the "no steam no BF3" thing and bite

No, stay with it. It is a real good battle to be in and an extremely important line to draw in the sand. Let me know how it works out not playing BF3 until it is on steam.

Looks like my single GTX 480 running 1920X1200 is going to be taxed a bit.

Because people that played it woukd know it was BS? They just pissed away a good opportunity to get the game upto scratch on launch, all theyre doing is essentially showing what changes they made to Metro.

I can only assume that the vehicular combat will be fine tuned so well as to be bug free, then again this is the same company that released BC2 with Heli controls on par with an arthritic Turtle, and it didn't even have functioning countermeasures for Heli's till much later..

Its not what changes they made to Metro. They made changes to the core game itself that any mode will show.

i did not participate in alpha testing so i'm damn excited for the beta - Rush on Operation Metro is just fine for me. i understand people wanting to work the kinks out of vehicles before launch though so a different map would have been useful. maybe i was one of the lucky few, but i had next to no problems with BC2 at release. my most annoying issue was the server browser not reporting pings....hardly a big deal.

I am with you except I actually participated in the alpha and still cannot wait to play again. I also had next to no problems with BC2 upon release. I thought it was fun. Maybe my expectations have been lowered due to all the crap that has been released over the past couple of years. At least there is some hope with this game since it was developed for a PC and ported to the consoles instead of the other way around. I am sure there will be bugs upon release but they will be fixed eventually and BF3 will kick COD's ass any day of the week. I think PC gamers just have higher expectations and are used to getting kicked in the balls upon every promising game release which is where all the whining comes from.

Its not what changes they made to Metro. They made changes to the core game itself that any mode will show.

I just hope they learned their lesson from BC2 and made the Helicopters fly something similar to BF2. :eek:

Us west-coast-timers woke up to the internet with its pants on. This is another underwhelming announcement. :( I also think it a poor idea not to include a conquest mode. The first few weeks of BF3 retail are gonna be a mess.

Us west-coast-timers woke up to the internet with its pants on. This is another underwhelming announcement. :( I also think it a poor idea not to include a conquest mode. The first few weeks of BF3 retail are gonna be a mess.

I agree. I think it is a bad idea not to include a conquest map and test all vehicles on a 64 player server.

I can't wait to play the beta, and I've seen the changes they've made. It's going to be lots of fun.

Hmm. My birthday is October 1st. Do I have it in me to wait and hope for a 25% off coupon? They probably won't even be handing them out with BF3 coming.

Lame. This is not a beta but a pay for demo:rolleyes:

They choose Metro because it is polished pretty good from the alpha and it also probably has something to do with the consoles. A smaller map like Metro is better for the console player limitation. They had to chose the same map for all 3 systems to make things easier.:rolleyes:

With a map like Metro we cannot even tell how our systems will run on those bigger maps with everything.

just hope they learned their lesson from BC2 and made the Helicopters fly something similar to BF2.

Agreed.

Let's stop the MW3 vs BF3 talk though...seriously, i'm buying both, i belive that BF3 belongs on the PC so I bought it for PC and I belive MW3 belongs on the Xbox...so i'm buying it for the Xbox. Too me they are fundamentaly two different games that belong on two different platforms.

Of course with the Baby due in 3 weeks i won't be playing either!..DOH!

Lame. This is not a beta but a pay for demo:rolleyes:

They choose Metro because it is polished pretty good from the alpha and it also probably has something to do with the consoles. A smaller map like Metro is better for the console player limitation. They had to chose the same map for all 3 systems to make things easier.:rolleyes:

With a map like Metro we cannot even tell how our systems will run on those bigger maps with everything.

No, its a beta. What you want is a demo called a beta.

Metro will be more fun if they balanced the map so the attackers actually make it to the subway more often than once every 25 matches this time. I still wish that a conquest map were included though.

Metro will be more fun if they balanced the map so the attackers actually make it to the subway more often than once every 25 matches this time. I still wish that a conquest map were included though.

This. The beginning part of metro sucked. Once you got into the subway, it was way more fun to play. I can see it being an enjoyable conquest map, but I just don't like the way it progresses in rush.

You are mad because they are delivering something for free within the promised time frame? :confused:

From a Marketing standpoint, saying "September" and then delivering on the 2nd to last day of the month would hardly be considered a "win." I understand why they stuck to it, but I can't imagine this was the goal from the start. Saying "October" and delivering on the 1st would have been far more well received than "September" and waiting until the month is nearly over to release the beta.

It's unfortunate that they're not releasing a different map in the beta, but at this point it is what it is.

The main problem was the bug preventing people from spawning on each other. I would hope that's been corrected. When it did work teams were able to advance and good times were had.

From a Marketing standpoint, saying "September" and then delivering on the 2nd to last day of the month would hardly be considered a "win." I understand why they stuck to it, but I can't imagine this was the goal from the start. Saying "October" and delivering on the 1st would have been far more well received than "September" and waiting until the month is nearly over to release the beta.

It's unfortunate that they're not releasing a different map in the beta, but at this point it is what it is.

From your stand point you are mad you get to play the beta for free at the end of September instead of beginning of it. That is all there is to it.

This. The beginning part of metro sucked. Once you got into the subway, it was way more fun to play. I can see it being an enjoyable conquest map, but I just don't like the way it progresses in rush.

That was fixed a bit ago.

I'm wondering, do you have to pre-order BF3 to play in the open beta (on the 29th, not the closed beta on the 27th), or is it a free download? Couldn't find anything in google..I plan to buy the game, but wanted to wait until the 1st, but still play on the 29th..

I'm wondering, do you have to pre-order BF3 to play in the open beta (on the 29th, not the closed beta on the 27th), or is it a free download? Couldn't find anything in google..I plan to buy the game, but wanted to wait until the 1st, but still play on the 29th..

No, you only have to pre-order if you wanna play on the 27th. On the 29th it'll be freely available to download and play.

This "beta" is a fucking joke. Only 12 days long and less than a month before release? Lololololol.

Prepare for the buggiest, most broken, and unbalanced Battlefield launch ever. The inevitable 1gb patch they release on launch day is gonna be like putting a band aid on a knife wound.

So much criticism over something that hasn't even begun.

I'm honestly just looking forward to trying out the game without being forced to pre-order (like most games today) or trying it in the first place (like many other games that have no beta/demo at all).

Honestly, they have given us more than most others have given us`in the near past and some of you still complain. What's wrong with you people?

From your stand point you are mad you get to play the beta for free at the end of September instead of beginning of it. That is all there is to it.

Loose language often leads to disappointment for a user base. Not sure how you disproved my point at all by making an assumption -- and a wrong one at that -- about how I feel personally.

Swing and a miss on your part, but thanks for playing.

So much criticism over something that hasn't even begun.

I'm honestly just looking forward to trying out the game without being forced to pre-order (like most games today) or trying it in the first place (like many other games that have no beta/demo at all).

Honestly, they have given us more than most others have given us`in the near past and some of you still complain. What's wrong with you people?

Spoiled whiny trolls if you ask me, people bitching for the sake of bitching. If they actually wanted to do something productive they would email EA/DICE their concerns...oh wait that wouldn't work because they aren't valid, because the game hasn't even been released.

This "beta" is a fucking joke. Only 12 days long and less than a month before release? Lololololol.

Prepare for the buggiest, most broken, and unbalanced Battlefield launch ever. The inevitable 1gb patch they release on launch day is gonna be like putting a band aid on a knife wound.

12 days for a beta is fine. You are like so many that think beta = demo.

12 days for a beta is fine. You are like so many that think beta = demo.

Uhhh, you've got it backwards. A demo for 12 days less than 4 weeks before launch would be fine. Doing the same with a beta isn't.

A beta should serve as a testing ground for all major mechanics. That's definitely not happening with this "beta."

I thought DICE were the PC Gods?

Uhhh, you've got it backwards. A demo for 12 days less than 4 weeks before launch would be fine. Doing the same with a beta isn't.

A beta should serve as a testing ground for all major mechanics. That's definitely not happening with this "beta."

Beta a testing ground for all major mechanics? where do you get this stuff?

For all we know is they only need to test the account servers with X amount or more of people signed in at one time.

You are completely making stuff up.

Beta a testing ground for all major mechanics? where do you get this stuff?

For all we know is they only need to test the account servers with X amount or more of people signed in at one time.

You are completely making stuff up.

My impression of a beta is a limited test of the game and all it's mechanics, server usage/load, etc. Based on the beta testing the devs can make any adjustments necessary to ensure the best launch possible.

Having a beta so close to launch doesn't really given enough time to fix all the bugs found. Could be wrong. But whatever. I just want to fucking play it again.

They're also giving us an old build. So not really sure how that helps.

The Metro map was a pretty poor choice if they wanted to attract new BF crowd. The map doesn't give the real BF experience.

But better than nothing I guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back